**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the clippers starting lineup looks more like a bench unit. The only top 20 player in his position is Gallo. They stil making the playoffs rather easily.

More of a reflection of the bottom of the west than LAC. LAC's been not top 8 good for the majority of the season tbh but that highlights how important a great start is.

But The last two years has been pretty remarkable for LAC. They completely blew lob city up, were in the playoffs last year, then traded away Blake and stillll almost made it.

In the playoffs again this year, traded away Tobias Harris, and are going to make it :lol: :lol:

It's like the front office tried to put together a good, watchable, non playoff team, but it's not working lol

Last edited:
The last two years has been pretty remarkable for LAC. They completely blew lob city up, were in the playoffs last year, then traded away Blake and stillll almost made it.

In the playoffs again this year, traded away Tobias Harris, and are going to make it :lol: :lol:

It's like the front office tried to put together a good, watchable, non playoff team, but it's not working lol
Better version of those houston teams before harden

I'm convinced if the Lakers re-sign Brook Lopez and LeBron doesn't miss 17 straight games, they'd be in the playoffs. But here we are.

I'm convinced if the Lakers re-sign Brook Lopez and LeBron doesn't miss 17 straight games, they'd be in the playoffs. But here we are.

I can't believe that the Lakers got Lebron, and didn't realize how perfect Brook would be for him. It ended up costing them Zubac. (Who's not great, but Tyson isn't even playable and finding an actual center to play 15 plus minutes for LAL right now is HARD) No way around that. Just bad.

I don't think when evaluating the Lakers preseason, that the loss of Julius and Brook were taken into account by a lot of people.

You (not you lol) basically are saying that 34 yo Bron plus a bunch of meh to bad players in place of Brook and Julius would result in a 12 to 15 win increase in the west, which would have been crazy even if Lebron played all 82 games.

882892C4-801C-4864-9A57-9554ACF8CCAB.gif

I doubt LBJ's legacy takes a big enough hit to where it knocks him off of the Mt. Rushmore of basketball, (The gatekeepers of this **** have already cemented him as probably top 3 ever. 2016 lives forever)

But the optics of LBJ coming out west and immediately not making the playoffs are bad. The bottom of the west is actually softer than what a lot of people thought it would be too. Like I love my Clips, but the LBJ led Lakers are getting smoked by them in a race for 8 right now which makes no sense considering one team starts LBJ...and the other team starts SGA/Headick/Beverley/Gallo/Zubac :rofl:

It's just a bad look optically but I find what the Lakers are going to do this summer fascinating
1A9C05A0-2240-4EE1-9ABB-525FA0EE9755.jpeg

Then there are these losses......this many losses to these kinds of teams is inexcusable.

FR tho Brandon Ingram has gained my respect. Dude puts his head down and is no nonsense and just tries to win. Didnt let the trade rumors get to him and actually activated “playoff mode”.

I think the team (Lakers) was being constructed right.

It seems that the youngsters need each other to play well. It was just a matter of time before they all did it at the same time.

When Lonzo was in the lineup, Kuz was crushing it. Everyone and I mean everyone was saying Kuz is the #2 to Lebron BI is a bum, Lonzo is a bust etc etc.

Lebron goes out, Kuz still playing solid, BI started to figure out and Lonzo was directing. Lonzo goes out and Bron comes back. Everyone is terrible but BI.

What I'm saying is that I believe when Lonzo gets back the team will be better and probably make a legit push for that 8th seed.

Seems like the Lakers need him more than what anyone thinks. If they would of have kept Randle, and signed Lebron, the team would of have been 6th at least right now.

FR tho Brandon Ingram has gained my respect. Dude puts his head down and is no nonsense and just tries to win. Didnt let the trade rumors get to him and actually activated “playoff mode”.
Lakers need to trade kuzma while he still has value. Ingram clearly is the better prospect.

Lonzo Ball being the glue that holds the lakers together is insane though

1A9C05A0-2240-4EE1-9ABB-525FA0EE9755.jpeg

Then there are these losses......this many losses to these kinds of teams is inexcusable.

But the Clippers lost to the Hawks, Wizards, too. The Kings have bad losses too. Granted, the Lakers may have more "bad" losses than they do...but that's because they aren't good :lol:

I saw Rachel Nichols tweet about how if the Lakers had just beaten the Knicks, Cavs, etc. they'd be in the playoffs as if every playoff team in the field doesn't have these kinds of losses.

The Lakers roster was just not good enough w/healthy LBJ to guarantee a playoff spot. 18 games w/o him and it's curtains. That's really all there is to it IMO

But the Clippers lost to the Hawks, Wizards, too. The Kings have bad losses too. Granted, the Lakers may have more "bad" losses than they do...but that's because they aren't good :lol:

I saw Rachel Nichols tweet about how if the Lakers had just beaten the Knicks, Cavs, etc. they'd be in the playoffs as if every playoff team in the field doesn't have these kinds of losses.

The Lakers roster was just not good enough w/healthy LBJ to guarantee a playoff spot. 18 games w/o him and it's curtains. That's really all there is to it IMO
Yeah but... It's the Lakers. They have the real young core. This shouldn't be happening

I swear I think Lonzo can be a good player. He's a really talented team defender, and provides a "pop" on the floor for them in transition. Just by having him on the floor would mean less rondo, which would do wonders for the Lakers.

But he averages 9/5/5 on 40/30/40 :sick::sick:) and we're saying THIS is the guy the Lakers need to make the playoffs. Look at the starting PG's for the playoff teams out west, then look at Lonzo...

Man listen. If the Lakers are missing That above, this much then they have way bigger problems on hand than Lebron or Luke.

Last edited:
I can't believe that the Lakers got Lebron, and didn't realize how perfect Brook would be for him. It ended up costing them Zubac. (Who's not great, but Tyson isn't even playable and finding an actual center to play 15 plus minutes for LAL right now is HARD) No way around that. Just bad.

I don't think when evaluating the Lakers preseason, that the loss of Julius and Brook were taken into account by a lot of people.

You (not you lol) basically are saying that 34 yo Bron plus a bunch of meh to bad players in place of Brook and Julius would result in a 12 to 15 win increase in the west, which would have been crazy even if Lebron played all 82 games.

Like I mentioned before, Magic is too narrow sighted where he's either getting an MVP candidate or its nothing. He's missed so many opportunities to grow the team organically.

Other than drafting Kuzma and Bron deciding to join the Lakers (which he would have done no matter the GM) what exactly has Magic done?

Give up Randle, Lopez and D'lo for cap relief? Is that even a good thing?

I swear I think Lonzo can be a good player. He's a really talented team defender, and provides a "pop" on the floor for them in transition. Just by having him on the floor would mean less rondo, which would do wonders for the Lakers.

But he averages 9/5/5 on 40/30/40 :smile:sick::sick::sick:) and we're saying THIS is the guy the Lakers need to make the playoffs. Look at the starting PG's for the playoff teams out west, then look at Lonzo...

Man listen. If the Lakers are missing That above, this much then they have way bigger problems on hand than Lebron or Luke.
I agree his stat lines are horrendous, but come on fan, sometimes you have to look at the intangibles that arent measured.

I personally dont think he needs to be scoring the ball at will, just be an effective player when on the floor and make the right plays.

But maybe I'm giving him to much credit, who knows.

I do think the Lakers have bigger problems. Back to back games and 2 turn overs on inbounds is lack of something.

Perfect example of empty stats last night from LeBron. Best player on the floor has 16 assists against a horrible team. That shoulda been a 20 pt win at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom