**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the first one on here to suggest trading Lebron to my knowledge.

I like many of my fellow Laker fans got caught up in the hype, but he showed his true colors early on and it's been a pretty rapid erosion of trust since about week 3 when he uttered he was about to crack cause of the slow start to the season. Everything since that moment has been a finger pointing, rushed plan and terrible leadership.

Y'all goofs continue to get fooled by the numbers and not they'r actual impact. He's basically been Minnesota Kevin Love this season, despite those numbers, the team is 24-24 with him in the lineup.

Just for reference Bean in year 17: 27/6/6 so yea Bron was better by the numbers but Bean actually made 1st team all NBA and 1st team all defense and was able to activate and will his team to the playoffs after a horrible start to the season.

Not a single lie by JVG was told.

No bro. Had to be me man. I was tryna flip Bron hella early. I know dudes got receipts stashed away on us hating on Bron, waiting for him to prove us wrong :rofl:

I think we both gave it a solid week or so of optimism and hope. Petty Kang this, Kang that :lol:

Just for reference Bean in year 17: 27/6/6 so yea Bron was better by the numbers but Bean actually made 1st team all NBA and 1st team all defense and was able to activate and will his team to the playoffs after a horrible start to the season.

:rofl: :rofl:

He didn't make any All Defensive team that season. I get that you like to make things up and rewrite history to defend your daddy, but he was playing the same terrible defense that you kill LeBron for.

Bryant, as the whole Internet (including this corner of it) has noted repeatedly, has been an irresponsible off-ball defender all season. He gambles out of scheme whenever he feels like it, often turning his back completely to his man, and several of Washington’s 11 3s during the Lakers’ home loss to the Wiz on Friday were the direct result of Bryant deciding he didn’t want to play team defense any longer.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/an-open-letter-to-kobe-bryant-about-his-defense/

*shrugs* I don't think trading Lebron solves the Lakers problems. Again, he's not perfect, and he is stat padding to a degree,

but he's been All NBA level good this season. Trading LBJ isn't going to solve the problems with the training staff, with player development, and front office ineptness.

Thomas Bryant, D'Lo, Julius, Zu, grabbing Zo instead of DAF or Jayson, etc. they have real front office issues that are to me being highlighted because Lebron is what...the fifth best player in the league right now? The issues go way beyond Lebron for them.

It doesn't solve all the problems, there's a virus in the team like Worthy said. The coaching can immediately be reminded. The front office not so much at the moment. The cure for the virus is getting rid of Bron. The toxicity he brings is real. It's not a myth. It's tangible. The signing didn't make sense from a time table standpoint.

I'd argue he's even the 5th best player in the world right now and that's year 1 (he won't even make all NBA 2nd team this season). It's not going to get better. There's maybe 2 seasons left of him where he's going to be able to be a championship caliber player. His impatience is at the crux of this disaster of a season.

I'm looking at the long term health of the franchise; if by some miracle the Pels decide to trade AD to us, it's going to cost damn near everything (multiple young pieces and what could be a top 4 pick this year). For what exactly? Not even a guarantee that him and AD can get out of the west? And when Bron is gone? We're left only with AD, who for as great as he is, hasn't exactly been the model of health or able to consistently even get a team to playoff contention. All these years of suffering would have been for nothing, we'd be right back where we were after Kobe tore his Achilles.

All for a guy who everybody out here now is even questioning his commitment to playing basketball and if it's even the main priority for him now? Nah cut the weed out.

Last edited:
Sooo there’s footage of a young Wilt?

"The 7'2" goliath ran a sub 11 second 100 yard dash and also threw the shot put 56 feet. Despite competing and excelling in both sprinting and throwing his best events were not surprisingly the jumping events as Chamberlain triple jumped in excess of 50 feet and successfully won the Big 8 Conference high jumping competition three years in a row"

"Wilt held the distinction of being the last Big 7 high jump champion in 1957, clearing 6-5 in that competition. He jumped higher (at least 6-6 at the '57 KU Relays, 2nd), but not sure of PR. He also "hop, skipped, and jumped" 45-9 to finish 3rd at KU Relays that year."

"Wilt is not a one-sport man, either. At Overbrook High School in Philly, he high jumped 6 feet, 6 inches, ran the 440 in 49.0 seconds and the 880 in 1:58.3, put the shot 53 feet, 4 inches, broad jumped 22 feet"

I remember seeing Schwarzenegger saying somewhere Wilt was the strongest person he met

upload_2019-3-10_13-43-34.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom