**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it mostly depends on the age of the player and whether you are more of a fringe star or superstar.

That and the Market at hand... Kemba probably isn't worth a full max contract but if he leaves Charlotte he will get that. so four years 160 max (when his contract is done he'll be 33... CP3 at 33 now is getting paid 35 Million. so with the cap going up constantly let's say Kemba at that age gets a deal a deal btwn 20-25 for his age 33 season.

he won't make that money up but but it's possible he still gets close to 200 million in a 5 year span

Could they tweak the supermax rules so that only guys who make the 1st team are eligible?

Kinda sucks that a small market team like Charlotte has to either pay Kemba $50M/year or let him walk for nothing.

They didn't have to tho, they had ample time to trade him, same with Wall.. these franchises gotta be smarter. I Like Kemba but i'm not sure if he's filling the seats like that in a below .500 team in Charlotte.

Like russ getting that cash over the next 4-5 isn't worth it from a basketball standpoint, but he is a guy who's gonna continue to put people in seats and will finish as the face of that franchise. I see from a business standpoint why you would do that if your OKC. From a basketball or business standpoint i don't see the point in giving Kemba that contract.

End of the day i think the NBA did this hoping that teams don't decide to pay these huge contracts & players are constantly switching teams. It's the reason the NBA is able to dominate headlines year round, there's always storylines.

Good to see Blake back to his All NBA ways :pimp:. My guy Rudy G with anuva one! And Magic Jokic. First team all nba.

Like I said, after 8-9 yrs. If your franchise player hasn't won much or at all, then cut ties. Problem is with most teams (and it's not necessarily their fault) they cling on to these players in desperation because losing a high caliber All-Star player who has made a significant emotional investments with it's fans is a tough sell (Westbrook, Lillard for example).

I agree that there should be different tiers of these Supermax contracts.

it's hard to believe when they say NBA players don't know where they're playing next .they gotta he dumb not to have that **** planned this far in advance, especially with living situation and whatnot.

Is there any possibility that when the next CBA rolls around, bench/role players start revolting against the union? These supermax contracts are gonna eat hard into their money. 60 mil to Gobert 50 mil to 11 other guys, including other stars/superstars (Mitchell). We’re about to see an NBPA French Revolution :lol:

No way is Charlotte paying Kemba the supermax.

Utah paying Goober a supermax is comedy too.

Supermax vs regular max is 6 million a year for 5 years.

What player is changing the fortunes of Charlotte that they wont be able to get for 6 million in cap space?

Gobert is the same dude that cried about not making the ASG to get the contract bonus. He def gonna cry he aint offered the supermax lol

Could they tweak the supermax rules so that only guys who make the 1st team are eligible?

Kinda sucks that a small market team like Charlotte has to either pay Kemba $50M/year or let him walk for nothing.
dont think this supermax stuff went the way that they intended too :lol:

Media voted awards taking money away from players doesn't sit right with me

It's cool to see the genuine reactions, but making the Finals 5 times straight or still being alive in the playoffs has nothing to do with this award.

Agree about media voted words taking money out of players pockets not sitting well with me either, though. We need to get rid of maxes, period. Simmons creating an arbitrary rule this year about non-playoff guys not making it just so he could rationalize snubbing LeBron who he hates for not having access to his camp is extra moronic.

Charlotte head office should let Kemba walk. No one's forcing them to re-sign him. As trynafeelmink trynafeelmink said, the accounting/marketing people need to do the math and see what the ROI on Kemba is. Does he move jerseys? Is the rest of the league talking about him?

Same thing with Gobert, just because he's eligible for something it don't mean you have to offer it to him.

Just wait until the bribes start going out. I Would 100% take that call option if I was a player. Spend like a million to make 80

Is there any possibility that when the next CBA rolls around, bench/role players start revolting against the union? These supermax contracts are gonna eat hard into their money. 60 mil to Gobert 50 mil to 11 other guys, including other stars/superstars (Mitchell). We’re about to see an NBPA French Revolution :lol:

Excellent point about the bench/supporting players frink85 frink85 - it could hurt the overall quality of the game.

Excellent point about the bench/supporting players frink85 frink85 - this could actually hurt the overall quality of the game. Especially if the 'super-max' cat is out for the season or simply not producing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom