**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
idk why people keep acting like offering someone the supermax = automatic staying

One of the causes of Lebron leaving Cleveland. It was suppose to stop players from leaving but Kawhi told the Spurs "I'm good", AD telling the Pels "I'm good".

Ain't that many players taking 5yr/$225m from a bum franchise or team they don't wanna be on when you can go get 4yr/$160m on a team of your choice and get a ring and they got endorsements.

Klay was never making it over Kemba, if you switched them the Hornets would be worse than they currently are.

Klay also gets lost in the Warriors shuffle.

Accepting the supermax makes you basically untradable while also making it impossible to build around you
If a franchise has had a game-changing player for 8-9 seasons and hasn't won enough or at all, I think teams should move on.

The next few years is going to be ugly for some of these franchise (HOU, CHA** POR to name a few). They'll have $40-$50 million players with eroding skills stuck in a contractual knot that cannot be untied easily.

He had a career high in attempts this season

I thought he had 17 but he finished at 18.
Kemba has 20.5.

Kemba: 25.6/6/4.5 on 43/36/84
Klay: 21.5/2.5/4 on 47/40/82

2-3 more shots a game = 3-4 more points
That probably gets him in over Kemba.

So he was ok missing out to myrie but not kemba..... that disrespect won’t be swept under the rug. Put a pin in that.

Also this almost certifies klay will drop 50 in the finals

Could they tweak the supermax rules so that only guys who make the 1st team are eligible?

Kinda sucks that a small market team like Charlotte has to either pay Kemba $50M/year or let him walk for nothing.

Why are players eligible for supermax after they’re past their prime?

Players highest earning potential should be between 25-30

Could they tweak the supermax rules so that only guys who make the 1st team are eligible?

Kinda sucks that a small market team like Charlotte has to either pay Kemba $50M/year or let him walk for nothing.
Then you'd have the same elite guys being eligible and back to square one. I want them to be competitive again but this Kemba **** is their fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom