**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised Bill Simmons said the Lakers getting a third star would be idiotic. :lol: ... that they need shooting and defense because a third star would “just stand in the corner.”

I mean.

Both Kemba and Kyrie have years in the league of shooting well from deep.

You can pick great defense up for cheap through guys that want to win a title. It happens for all the title-contending teams, they fill their needs for cheap once the stars are in tow.

Go through the 2013 Miami Heat title over the Spurs, 2015 Warriors title over the Cavs, and 2016 Cavs title over the Warriors...

Look at how close those series were...

...and tell me they could’ve done it without their third stars Bosh/Klay/Love.

To say they would have won it without those players and just the sum of their parts is ridiculous.

Simmons just doesn’t want the Lakers (16 titles) passing the Celtics (17 titles) in all-time trophies :rofl:

Bulls really want Darius Garland... Wonder what they would give up to try and get #4 from NO.

I'd look into signing DLO/Brogdon tbh. Bulls are another perimeter player away from being real fun to watch in the East again.

Bill Simmons’ podcast was hilarious this morning. I’m a neutral fan in this but dude was so clearly mad about this trade. Calling it the worst trade ever for a superstar. You could practically see the sweat pouring down his face.
Yeah he was super salty about AD not going to Boston by trashing the Lakers org

However, I did like his points about the Lakers would be a better constructed team running with Bron & AD and filling out the roster with starter quality player vs clamoring for a 3 superstar with the $23-$30 left and having a lot of vet minimum deals

Bill Simmons can't even hide his Lakers hate. I like Bill, he has some great takes, but he's an admitted Boston sports homer and a Laker hater. It's hard to take him seriously for on any Laker topic.

Really surprised Bill Simmons said the Lakers getting a third star would be idiotic. :lol: ... that they need shooting and defense because a third star would “just stand in the corner.”

I mean.

You can pick great defense up for cheap through guys that want to win a title. It happens for all the title-contending teams, they fill their needs for cheap once the stars are in tow.

Go through the 2013 Miami Heat title over the Spurs, 2015 Warriors title over the Cavs, and 2016 Cavs title over the Warriors...

To say they would have won it without those players and just the sum of their parts is ridiculous.

Simmons just doesn’t want the Lakers (16 titles) passing the Celtics (17 titles) in all-time trophies :rofl:
Well they cant really afford a 3rd star lol they need other "less" expensive pieces

Yeah he was super salty about AD not going to Boston by trashing the Lakers org

However, I did like his points about the Lakers would be a better constructed team running with Bron & AD and filling out the roster with starter quality player vs clamoring for a 3 superstar with the $23-$30 left and having a lot of vet minimum deals

That's how I think they should do it. I'd go for dudes like Pat Beverly, JJ, Marcus Morris, Mike Scott, Dedmon. Dudes who can fit a role.

I mean.

To be fair, the Lakers window is smaller IMO because your top guy is 35 years next season. The thing that killed ALL 3 of those teams you named is that every year salaries go up, it became harder to construct a competitive bench. The Lakers especially with no future 1st rounders to make the team younger or round out the bench years to come, would be better off considering opting against a 3rd star.

Well they cant really afford a 3rd star lol they need other "less" expensive pieces

LA Times: “The addition of a third “max” star relies on whether the Lakers created enough salary cap space to sign one. That depends on when the trade with Davis is actually consummated and not just agreed upon.”

It is possible, you have to be able to fill out a roster by league rules, the Miami Heat dealt with this. :lol:

I mean.

A 3rd star would guarentee #17 this year and depending on what happens to the Warriors this offseason #18 would be right behind it. That's how they won their b2b just overwhelming with talent at the top and neither Bron coming off missing the playoffs nor AD will at present have that type of wear and tear.

Plus when Bron hangs em up you're still in title contention with AD + the other guy.

Or we can go the depth route. Can't really lose.

I can't bring myself to dislike Lavar man dude is hilarious :lol:

I've said it before i would rather not do the third star thing.... unless that third star is Kawhi... If that's the case do whatever you gotta do to make it happen & role with the ring chasers filling out the roster.

A 3rd star would guarentee #17 this year and depending on what happens to the Warriors this offseason #18 would be right behind it. That's how they won their b2b just overwhelming with talent at the top and neither Bron coming off missing the playoffs nor AD will at present have that type of wear and tear.

Plus when Bron hangs em up you're still in title contention with AD + the other guy.

I've seen a prime Born, Wade & Bosh lose to a Mavs team year one....

I can't say a 35 yo Bron, AD & Butler/Kemba combo getting a guaranteed ring...

LA Times: “The addition of a third “max” star relies on whether the Lakers created enough salary cap space to sign one. That depends on when the trade with Davis is actually consummated and not just agreed upon.”

It is possible, you have to be able to fill out a roster by league rules, the Miami Heat dealt with this. :lol:
And then the lockout happened with the new CBA lol it would be harder now but definitely possible. Doubt Big Rob can pull it off. Might see Rondo running point again

Guarantee*

<souljaboy.gif>

Lmao look at the warriors dweebs going back to hating on Bron.

I thought y’all won game 7 last night. Shouldn’t yaw be hungover celebrating da 3 peat.

Dubs in selm
Revenge tour?
Laughing horse face pic?

Sensitive. Anything that can be construed as criticism of lebron, “ but they’re hating on bron!!!”

These lebron-apologists are more fragile than wet single ply toilet paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom