**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t win trades?

Hmm. Well, kind of an uphill battle when you have a press tour during the whole season saying you don’t want to play for a specific team, and have other influences dictate how things must be PLUS the fact that it’s only a “rental” for a farm of picks and players.

Definitely not winning that :lol:

Also you know they're in some capacity referring to Danny not wanting part with Jaylen to acquire Kawhi.

But they were literally just coming off of an ECF run WITHOUT their two best players AND Kawhi was coming off an injury plagued year AND AD was still in play.

Every reasonable person believed they would be a write in for the Finals when Kyrie and Hayward came back.

Then it went to s**t because of chemistry, turmoil, pecking order and whatever else. These are things that are virtually impossible to predict as a GM.

He did make a mistake by overvaluing Jaylen, but it's easy to say in hindsight.

Nick Nurse Merch now Nike sponsored lol.
IMG_20190618_011236.jpg

Also you know they're in some capacity referring to Danny not wanting part with Jaylen to acquire Kawhi.

But they were literally just coming off of an ECF run WITHOUT their two best players AND Kawhi was coming off an injury plagued year AND AD was still in play.

Every reasonable person believed they would be a write in for the Finals when Kyrie and Hayward came back.

Then it went to s**t because of chemistry, turmoil, pecking order and whatever else. These are things that are virtually impossible to predict as a GM.

All of this

258A5026-5DA7-4ABE-A853-53DBFAEC4DA1.gif

Either way, if the Cs DID trade Jaylen for Kawhi, there were no guarantees he’d stay, win or lose.

At the end of the day, it’s a G A M B L E.

To be fair , it definitely was some people questioning chemistry and fit with Kyrie and Hayward coming back...so not to crazy to think a GM could have taken that more in account

To be fair , it definitely was some people questioning chemistry and fit with Kyrie and Hayward coming back...so not to crazy to think a GM could have taken that more in account

I don't remember that. I remember people questioning Kyrie and Hayward's health though. I don't know how you can question chemistry when Kyrie, Hayward and the rest of the team had only been together on the floor for 4 mins before this year. Not really enough of a sample size.

Unless I'm missing something. Simply "questioning" if it would work before actually seeing it isn't enough reason to dismantle a potential contender.

The one goof he made was probably not making in-season moves once it was evident that it wasn't working. Instead of listening to the "they'll flip the switch" rhetoric.

Can’t win trades?

Hmm. Well, kind of an uphill battle when you have a press tour during the whole season saying you don’t want to play for a specific team, and have other influences dictate how things must be PLUS the fact that it’s only a “rental” for a farm of picks and players.

Definitely not winning that :lol:

All we were hearing was that the noise about AD not wanting to play in Boston wouldn't be a deterrent from Boston wanting to make the trade for him. He even convinced NO that Jayson Tatum would be there in the summer on the table. Reality was he either lied or bluffed horribly. You can't spin this as being a win. Danny Ainge king of the 'almost' deal. All of these hoarding of assets was ultimately for one purpose and to cash in on AD and when push came to shove he didn't do it.

I have a hard time believing Kawhi would have worked as well for us as it did for Toronto.

Kawhi is a vastly superior player but you know Kyrie would still think he’s the A side. We would have had too many egos still. Terry still would have thought he’s a top PG, Kyrie would have still been an egomaniac weirdo who think he’s better than he is, and Kawhi/Kyrie’s free agency would have been far too distracting for the Celtics locker room to handle

Toronto was a perfect situation for him...they had the right pieces and dudes who knew their role. Of course I would rather have Kawhi than JB obviously but as getback getback already mentioned hindsight is 20/20...and Danny rightfully didn’t want to take that risk after last season 1 game short of the finals without our best player

He even convinced NO that Jayson Tatum would be there in the summer on the table.

When was this?

I only remember the report that he said he'd be "aggressive."

Where's the report that said Tatum was in play?

“As the Pelicans field offers for Anthony Davis, Boston’s message to New Orleans has been direct: Wait. Wait, and we will come to you with an offer that will make it worth it. Wait, and you can raid our stash of draft picks. The Celtics have refused to directly dangle Jayson Tatum, two sources familiar with the situation told SI.com, but the Pelicans have been left with the impression that if Davis remains on the roster past Thursday, nothing is off the table.”

Last edited:
People watch sports parades?
i stream them at work. just nba. watched all the warriors ones. watched the cavs one, the heat ones (remember when bron and them almost died going under that overpass :lol:) and the last 2 laker ones. they're dope.

didnt watch this one though :lol:

Wonder where Brook Lopez will end up. Seems like he's proven himself a decent piece if you're a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom