**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers HI-KEY screwed themselves by trading for AD.

Say Kawhi signed. They could’ve had LBJ, Kawhi, Kuzma, Engram, Hart and the 4th pick.........Lonzo :rolleyes

Even if, (to maintain his 5 year 190, Kawhi could’ve sign and trade with Toronto/LA) Lakers probably would’ve only had to trade 4th pick, Lonzo and Hart

The whole reason Kawhi will join ( if he does) would be because we have AD not 35 year old Bron. AD attracts FAs

Lakers HI-KEY screwed themselves by trading for AD.

Say Kawhi signed. They could’ve had LBJ, Kawhi, Kuzma, Engram, Hart and the 4th pick.........Lonzo :rolleyes

Even if, (to maintain his 5 year 190, Kawhi could’ve sign and trade with Toronto/LA) Lakers probably would’ve only had to trade 4th pick, Lonzo and Hart
Lol kawhi isn’t coming now with AD and LeBron, he def wasn’t coming with only LeBron and a bunch of young players and a dysfxnal management. Can’t get greedy now. Lots of coulda woulda shoulda.

Kawhi carried his bum *** to a title. Congratulations.
Whatever you say stinky mudd butt pants.
#thepaulpericeofNt #dontstopthehating
upload_2019-6-17_13-13-12.jpeg

Danny Ainge was more worried about pulling a fast one on them than he was acquiring a guy who possibly could’ve put them over the hump in the east this past season.

I don't know how it's a "fast one" if the other team has to agree to it in the first place. If anything he's stingy with his pieces. If another GM is "had" it's because he didn't do his due diligence. All this good faith stuff if weird to me. It's a BUSINESS. If you're another GM and you don't like the deal, say no. It's really that simple. If you're hustled (you shouldn't be it's not nuclear physics), you should find another role.

We'll see.

The whole situation with the Lakers hinges on how the cap deal plays out.

But :lol: @ the idea they screwed themselves.
Nah. It won’t mattee if nobody comes here. They can have 60 mill in cap and if nobody agrees to sign then it doesn’t matter.

We'll see.

The whole situation with the Lakers hinges on how the cap deal plays out.

But :lol: @ the idea they screwed themselves.
Also u do realize the pelicans also benefit from delaying the deal 24 days

Ya’ll keep talking about Ainge. Really and truly, NOBODY wants to play in Boston. I don’t want to bring race into it but, Boston is off-putting for a lot of black basketball players.

Boston has the pedigree and lineage, still have that mystic but times have changed.

AD and Kyrie both don’t want to play in Boston. What that tell y’all.

Also u do realize the pelicans also benefit from delaying the deal 24 days
I'm sure they're itching for a couple extra mil in cap space they probably won't use.

Their decision hinges on if that is more valuable than getting your #4 pick in camp with your team NOW.

Honestly for them, it probably is.

Ya’ll keep talking about Ainge. Really and truly, NOBODY wants to play in Boston. I don’t want to bring race into it but, Boston is off-putting for a lot of black basketball players.

Boston has the pedigree and lineage, still have that mystic but times have changed.

AD and Kyrie both don’t want to play in Boston. What that tell y’all.

Which is weird, because present day Boston is by % blacker than NYC and LA :lol:

History on the other hand is terrible when it comes to race relations.

NOBODY wanting to play here is a myth.

https://nesn.com/2019/03/ex-celtic-isaiah-thomas-opens-up-about-his-love-for-city-of-boston/

I don't know how it's a "fast one" if the other team has to agree to it in the first place. If anything he's stingy with his pieces. If another GM is "had" it's because he didn't do his due diligence. All this good faith stuff if weird to me. It's a BUSINESS. If you're another GM and you don't like the deal, say no. It's really that simple. If you're hustled (you shouldn't be it's not nuclear physics), you should find another role.

I get that. But for all that “Don’t deal with the Lakers” narratives being pushed throughout the league, dealing with Ainge seems even more problematic.

It’s a business. Ideally you want to win a deal. But sometimes it’s beneficial to make a deal which not only betters your team but also improves the other party as well. You can do win/win deals if it improves your team. I could see opposing gm’s being skeptical of dealing with a gm who views deals strictly from a win/lose approach even at the expense of a potential win/win deal that benefits both sides.

Him being stingy with his pieces has ultimately been his shortcoming as a gm though. He does a great job at acquiring draft picks. You can’t take that away from him. In terms of utilizing his assets to get that big name star to put his team over the top, he’s failed miserably and that’s all on him for overvaluing his pieces, and being stingy to a fault.

Sometimes being too hesitant can be almost as bad as being too impulsive.

So why has no one joined him in NO?

They haven't had significant cap space basically since his rookie season cause of all the terrible moves the Pelicans made. Plus it's New Orleans. AD x LA will be a powerhouse even after Bron is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom