**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how folks listen to this twerp. I'm from Boston and I can't even stomach him. Don't know how out of towners commit to his pod. What's the attraction?
Look around here, my guy. Naw, I'm joking. The real answer? Screw the warriors. That ones for you Meth!

Look around here, my guy.
PvJBeD6.gif

Yeah he was super salty about AD not going to Boston by trashing the Lakers org

However, I did like his points about the Lakers would be a better constructed team running with Bron & AD and filling out the roster with starter quality player vs clamoring for a 3 superstar with the $23-$30 left and having a lot of vet minimum deals
That was an interesting point in theory but I agree with Russilo that in this market, three guys like that may not be available at the right price.

Bill Simmons fell off. He predicted lebron to LA in 16 and outlined Anthony Davis asking for a trade a couple years in advance. But lately he has been way off like the 67 win 2018 celtics

I don't know how folks listen to this twerp. I'm from Boston and I can't even stomach him. Don't know how out of towners commit to his pod. What's the attraction?

He's funny and he has some good sports takes every now and then. I generally speaking like his pop culture stuff more than his sports opinions. I do appreciate that he's an unabashed homer, he doesn't even attempt to be objective because he knows he can't.

My favorite Bill Simmons podcast of all time was after the Lakers beat the Celtics in 2010 and he made the entire podcast about Kobe going 6 for 24 in game 7 and not the Lakers winning the championship. He was so salty, he couldn't hide his Laker hatred for a second.

I'm sure that's the spin today.

But after NOT pulling the trigger on PG
NOT pulling the trigger on Kawhi cause of Jaylen Brown
NOT pulling the trigger on AD cause of Jayson Tatum

And not even having any other great draft assets going forward, he better pray that Jaylen is the 2nd coming and not light skin Rudy Gay and that Jalen can learn how to dribble the ball cause if not...

downloadfile-1.gif

It's common knowledge by now that Kyrie's non committal is thee reason Ainge called it off. It's one small battle won, even if he lost the war in obtaining Davis.

No Celtic fan is chalking the saga up to job well done by Danny. It's more a thank you for not entirely f****g it all up and dumping pieces for a rental. Salvaged that much for us at least.

I don't remember what IND wanted.
He should have made the Kawhi deal in HINDSIGHT, but I can understand why he didn't at that point in time.
He shouldn't have made the AD deal now that Kyrie is gone in AD would have bounced in 2020.

The real screw up was not moving Kyrie or Terry midseason amidst the turmoil and once Kyrie's motives were unclear. Oh and the bonehead Trump comment.

Last edited:
:lol: Kyrie leaving to Brooklyn alone is literally cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Worse team. Maybe no other star. He must really just want outta Boston.

Makes no sense unless KD or someone is going with him. Honestly it might not even make sense with anyone but KD.

That was an interesting point in theory but I agree with Russilo that in this market, three guys like that may not be available at the right price.
The bigger the stone, the bigger the splash, but if you miss the water, it's just a heavy stone you have to carry around.

:lol: Kyrie leaving to Brooklyn alone is literally cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Worse team. Maybe no other star. He must really just want outta Boston.

Makes no sense unless KD or someone is going with him. Honestly it might not even make sense with anyone but KD.

He's going with Tobias. Depending on what happens with Kawhi they should be better than Boston was this past season.

Why aren't the Sixers after D'lo? They could certainly use the shooting and creativity, his defense could be covered up, then you keep one of Jimmy or Tobias, or is there something I'm missing?
Very true, he’s the perfect fit there. I’m sure it could still happen but there’s a lot that has to happen for it to even be possible

Yeah. BK is playing this wrong. Unless you can pair Kyrie with KD or Kawhi. You really should be looking at Tobias next to Kyrie and DLo.

Kyrie and Tobias is basically the Nets taking the Sixers to 7 games this year instead of 5.

Lol

When it’s all said and done Jeremy Lin won. A champion, multiple million dollar contracts, with zero wear on his body. Perfect

And still in the NBA after all this time as a POINT GUARD who can't dribble with his left hand (weak hand). All those years of coaches teaching us to work on our weak hand when dribbling -- all to see a point guard with a ring, millions, who can't.

If he didn’t live an hour away from me I’d drive out there myself and pack his **** in a uhaul

reminds me of the picture when Bron was getting his vehicles moved.

Whoops :lol:

Kyrie Irving dropped a bombshell on the basketball world Thursday when he announced he planned on re-signing with the Boston Celtics next summer, and he made sure his teammates weren't caught off guard.

That's because he had given Celtics players a heads-up when he invited them to his house Wednesday, according to NBC Sports Boston's Chris Forsberg.

Boston center Al Horford said:

"It was a very nice surprise. Just his commitment to the organization, and a sense that we can put all the speculation behind us and focus on the season. That was very big of him to do something like that.

"I personally would never come up and try to talk to him about it. At the end of the day, it's his decision and whatever he wants to do. But, yeah, we heard the speculation and everything. That was definitely out there, and you wonder what was going to happen. I think he understands what we're building here and the potential that is here."

Brooklyn vs. Boston gonna be must see TV. Expecting some chippiness.

My homie works for the Nets so I'm def making the trip down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom