**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clip.PNG

I don't know about conference finals, I think bumping Lakers up to 4/5. Dropping GS, it would be hard pressed for Jazz to make conference finals unless they get the Thunder again in the first round and maybe Houston second round.

WTF, take that **** somewhere else we don't want anymore members of the banana boat party. Hearing rumors of CP3, don't need his broken down *** or Melo.
You may need to lighten up. It is just a game.

Celtics fans spent all these years laughing at the nets for the haul they gave up to get KG and PP only for the Celtics to use a bunch of those assets to trade for a player who is gunna leave them for the nets.

This thing coming full circle is ****ing fantastic

Only asset we used from that haul to land Kyrie was the pick that became Colin Sexton :lol:

Good thought tho

Celtics fans spent all these years laughing at the nets for the haul they gave up to get KG and PP only for the Celtics to use a bunch of those assets to trade for a player who is gunna leave them for the nets.

This thing coming full circle is ****ing fantastic

It wasn't just Celtics fans laughing at the Nets though. Billy King was the laughing stock of the league for a while.

With LeBron as his teammate and Jason Kidd on the bench along with Lionel Hollins, I think that Melo will be very easy to deal with.

Easy or not, Melo is not an asset to any team. His value is done unless he wants to take bench role as a 9th man.

Only asset we used from that haul to land Kyrie was the pick that became Colin Sexton :lol:

Good thought tho

The issue with the Celtics approach is that the never consolidated their assets. You can't pay everybody. next summer jaylen Brown is up for extension and then the summer after that Tatum is going to get paid. Soon you guys are going to be capped out just to pay for the team you have now or you better be willing to let some of those guys walk. You guys should have consolidated your assets (picks, young players) to get a true superstar. all those assets are great but what are they worth if you're a 6th seed?

Yeah. BK is playing this wrong. Unless you can pair Kyrie with KD or Kawhi. You really should be looking at Tobias next to Kyrie and DLo.

Kyrie and Tobias is basically the Nets taking the Sixers to 7 games this year instead of 5.
They wouldn’t be able to sign Tobias without renouncing ratsull and really could they afford all 3 anyway?

The issue with the Celtics approach is that the never consolidated their assets. You can't pay everybody. next summer jaylen Brown is up for extension and then the summer after that Tatum is going to get paid. Soon you guys are going to be capped out just to pay for the team you have now. You guys should have consolidated your assets (picks, young players) to get a true superstar. all those assets are great but what are they worth if you're a 6th seed?

Jaylen not getting the max, and by the time Tatum gets his extension Hayward will be off the books. I don’t see us getting into a cap hell situation...

Also what makes you think we’ll be the 6th seed? :lol:

Finished 1st, 2nd and 4th last three seasons with these “assets”.

Bill Simmons fell off. He predicted lebron to LA in 16 and outlined Anthony Davis asking for a trade a couple years in advance. But lately he has been way off like the 67 win 2018 celtics

To be fair, he's a Boston Homer and certified Sixer hater. His opinions with those two teams should be taken with a grain of salt

Y

NT celtics fans: Kyrie not leaving. Ainge is the man

Also NT celtics fans: Ill go pack his bags for him. He is toxic! I dont care that we are losing him for nothing.

Don't group us all together. I never said that. I've always maintained that they simply couldn't run it back with the same team. Go diggin in the crates if you want.

I enjoyed "Book of Basketball" but when he left ESPN dude lost his mojo, went over the top on his homerism and became a shell of himself

I agree and have no time for Simmons writing or commentary, but I will give him credit for being involved with some good projects after leaving ESPN. The Andre The Giant doc on HBO that he co-produced was fantastic.

I am interested to see how much of the dirt surfaces once Kyrie leaves. There's gotta be some juicy details between him Hayward, Jaylen and Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom