**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I still lived at home. The extra money> the additional freedom that I rarely utilize Monday - Thursday
If my pops didnt live so far out and ATL traffic wasn't horrific I would live at home for as long as possible...excellent way top stack up since housing costs is always the biggest expense...but my sanity and convenience is worth the extra bread ima be saving right now

this is horrible. i remember reading just last year the silicone valley and some other places are the only places in the united states where the average yearly salary is now under the cost of living. thats crazy. having a good job wont cut it anymore, u gotta have a great job.

btw, u in ATL? i just moved here in february out in stone mountain, u trying to hit some games next season?

I just moved back to Atlanta but I'm a Lakers fan. The only Hawks game I plan on going to as of now is when they play the Lakers (unless I get some free tickets or something)

In retrospect, I definitely should've spent a couple years at my parent's house to stack money before moving to the city to live with friends. I ended up figuring everything out over the years, but there are definitely some issues that could've been avoided with the extra bread.

I just moved back to Atlanta but I'm a Lakers fan. The only Hawks game I plan on going to as of now is when they play the Lakers (unless I get some free tickets or something)
You should really check out some more games tho, the new arena is like a club...real nice in there, aint eem bout who playing 4real just an experience for good prices :lol: :pimp:

Buddy started living alone said he’s happy but his day to day life is a struggle mayne.

He barely surviving.

Living alone and stressing about a nice cheap but healthy meal aint it for me right now. Such a waste cooking and meal prepping for one.

Having a nice home cooked meal>>

In retrospect, I definitely should've spent a couple years at my parent's house to stack money before moving to the city to live with friends. I ended up figuring everything out over the years, but there are definitely some issues that could've been avoided with the extra bread.
Yea society tends to push kids out the house too early in America...but I will say living on your own teaches you so much more about life tho, its certain things I'm glad I had to figure out at 26 instead of 36

Also spend more money on stupid **** when you still at your ppls crib too, gotta be disciplined with the extra money

Kawhi - Raptors
KD - Nets
Kyrie - Nets
Klay - Dubs
Kemba - Mavs
Jimmy Buckets - Sixers
D'Lo - Lakers
Tobias Harris - Sixers
Middleton - Bucks
Horford - Mavs
Boogie - Dubs
Vooch - Celtics
Brogdon - Bucks
Randle - Knicks

@MVP

Last edited:

awww cmon g. the new young core looks lit. i havent been to any basketball games since lebron was on the heat and i had floor seats lol. i wanna invest in my new hometeam.

Not every homeless person comes from a similar situation, so it’s unfair to group them all. From the ones I’ve encountered here in NYC, a lot of them don’t want to help themselves. People in general, homeless or not, find it hard to help themselves. Depression, addiction, loneliness, psychosis, all play into that.

when i was in college at USF, they had one of the schools largest donors do a conference/ted talk type of thing. a story he told was how he, with triple digit millions in the bank, had to live in the streets due to slander, investigation, and his vindictive wife who he was divorcing telling lies on him. he told the story to illustrate u can just look at homeless people and assume its 100% their fault cuz u never know. but long story short, she told lies on him about his character so his friends didnt want to be associated. he was under multiple investigations for fraud and evasion and some stuff so they locked up all his accounts and assets while being investigated. he had nowhere to go and none of his "friends" would even take his call.

I make 90k still living at home. I'm not moving out until I'm making 120k which will hopefully be after I finish grad school.

90k? hey shoutout to you for bringing in big money. awesome job man, figuratively and literally.

You should really check out some more games tho, the new arena is like a club...real nice in there, aint eem bout who playing 4real just an experience for good prices :lol: :pimp:

you in the A too? im saying.... lets link up at a game for real. get floor seats or at least close to it

living at home to stack up is the common sense idea as long as the situation at home is good. i couldnt, for sanity's sake. hell i graduated at 16 just to hurry up and get out of there and salvage my relationship with my mom lol. but if ur situation is good, stay at home and stack. u dont want these grown up problems like electricity, salle mae/navient, rent/mortgage, car insurance, cell phone, netflix/other subscriptions, food, car note, gas+water, credit cards....im tired just typing all the damn bills out.

an alternate option that america doesnt teach, is to go in on renting a house with your friends. you could easily get a 4br damn near anywhere for like 1400/m rent (outside of the stupid expensive places like in cali or new york) so go with ur best buds or your group from college or whoever, and just split it 4 ways. now yall get a big crib paying like <400 a month and u live stress free with ur homies while you all stack up and work towards the future... bring yams thru, and live some of the best years of ya life. society instead pushes people into early home ownership so u fall straight into crippling debt

living at home to stack up is the common sense idea as long as the situation at home is good. i couldnt, for sanity's sake. hell i graduated at 16 just to hurry up and get out of there and salvage my relationship with my mom lol. but if ur situation is good, stay at home and stack. u dont want these grown up problems like electricity, salle mae/navient, rent/mortgage, car insurance, cell phone, netflix/other subscriptions, food, car note, gas+water, credit cards....im tired just typing all the damn bills out.

an alternate option that america doesnt teach, is to go in on renting a house with your friends. you could easily get a 4br damn near anywhere for like 1400/m rent (outside of the stupid expensive places like in cali or new york) so go with ur best buds or your group from college or whoever, and just split it 4 ways. now yall get a big crib paying like <400 a month and u live stress free with ur homies while you all stack up and work towards the future... bring yams thru, and live some of the best years of ya life. society instead pushes people into early home ownership so u fall straight into crippling debt
This sounds good and all but I definitely didnt have 3 or 4 homeboys I could count on to be reliable roommates when I was a youngin...**** even now that we older it still would be questionable living with those cats :lol:

I do think it depends on situation. Sure, saving up would have been good, but I really found myself after moving out. I didn't have the healthiest household, i started a successful NGO 2nd year uni, started my own (tech) business 3rd year uni and took a lot of risks (most failed, but learned so much and the payoff for the ones that didn't, it's worth it).

If you guys are blessed with a healthy household and supportive parents who want to watch you grow in your own way, then that's awesome. But I don't think that's the norm. Also, I personally perform best when my back is against the wall. Getting uncomfortable can be a good thing.

I was lucky enough to get free education via scholarship, I don't know if my decisions would have been the same otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom