**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yalls franchise pg
#theIrony

full

KD a top 10 all time shooter and a 7 footer guard he'd be ok post achilles.
You willing to put a quarter billion bet down on that?:lol:

I get what people are saying, but like VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL said, you really can’t quantify any of that. I’m not even sure what him being ‘ok post achiles’ looks like, honestly.

His body could be 100%, and his mental could be holding him back forever. Not only does it take a while to recover from physically, but the mental toll a player takes can’t be ignored.

I dont know but if KD really hate Dubs he should stay another year let them pay for his rehab get the supermax get sign and traded a year from now not worth it to be an assistant coach with Nets for a year while losing some money.

Not only are you assuming it’ll only take a year before he’s back to his peak self, you’re also assuming that there won’t be any other setbacks, that he won’t have any other injuries either,

And there’s the whole it being the worst injury in sports thing too

Every team would max KD if they could and truthfully I think he’ll still be really good, but being skeptical about maxing him is more than warranted. For that price you’re expecting him to come back from an Achilles and be a 27, 28ppg player on 50/40/90 who’s elite on defense and plays 67 games a year. That’s INCREDIBLY unrealistic

Having a guy spend one of the 4 years out of his max deal recovering from an Achilles injury then another as his “first year back” is pretty wild. You’re tying your entire cap to an Achilles. I think the skepticism is warranted

1000%

I know we WANT to be optimistic about it...but it really feels like alot of people are overly optimistic and ignoring history.

I'm curious to know what the Nets expectations are.

This current Nets team, even with Kyrie, isnt better than the past 2 year Celtic teams.

I live in Brooklyn .... and I can attest that most people in the city who I know love the Knicks.... but we not gonna act like being a nets fan isn’t trendy .... a lot of people love going to the games because it’s more affordable .... and the team before this season haven’t been good .... but I wouldn’t say people don’t care about the Nets .... winning cures all of that ...

And that’s another thing about this whole thing...does anyone who doesn’t have at least a second star really want just Kyrie? I imagine most don’t want Kyrie unless KD is coming too, but we can count KD out for at least one year.

At the very least, this’ll be an interesting *** storyline to follow.

And that’s another thing about this whole thing...does anyone who doesn’t have at least a second star really want just Kyrie? I imagine most don’t want Kyrie unless KD is coming too, but we can count KD out for a team least one year.

At the very least, this’ll be an interesting *** storyline to follow.

It’s been reported that teams (most namely the Nets) are leery of signing him by himself

He should be at least near playing shape a year from now is what im expecting, not 100% back. But if you can get an all time great on your fairly new franchise you do it, if you do a deal that could propel you to championships. Just dont like them giving up their young all star while trading what I assume some of the young core for Deandre just to appease KD.

He’s going to at least spend two of the four years recovering from the Achilles and that’s assuming there are no setbacks or anything of the sort.

So half of the duration of the KD max will be spent rehabbing and recovering from a damn Achilles injury.

He’s not playing at all next year then the year after that will be the first time he’s played nba basketball since the 2019 WCSF in which you would assume it would take even more time to become “Kevin Durant” again assuming there are no setbacks and that he does return close to who he was before

It sounds incredibly unrealistic

MSG is only the mecca cause the opponents best players always go off there, not so much for anything the Knicks do. That's sad.

That was the case during the 70s, 80s, 90s, and still the case. Whether we're contenders or scrubs.

Another reason why the Garden >>>> The crowd, the diehards, the celebs in town, etc etc all bring out opponents A game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom