**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always kind of wondered what happens when teams run out of numbers since I was a kid.

At what point do you start over, or we just gonna be retiring numbers in perpetuity?

yalls franchise pg
#theIrony

canada-dry-ginger-ale-and-lemonade-fountain-large-1.jpg

It's mind-boggling that a good majority of the basketball world seem to be pretending like it's some minor injury and everything is just business as usual.

The entire idea of getting a Kevin Durant this summer...was getting arguably the best player in the game who can put up 30 in his sleep effortlessly and single-handedly will teams to victory. He may rehab really well...and come back a really good basketball player...but that Kevin Durant we all knew is done.

A KD/Kyrie package deal doesn't NEARLY mean what it did a month ago. Asking a guy to come back @ 32 from a torn achilles...and be your franchise player is ALOT.
Felt like people were shouting me down when I said I didn't want KD after the injury...I really dont understand the thinking. Have we never seem a player of KDs caliber tear their Achilles at this stage of their career/at this age? Really feels like people are just looking past it assuming that he'll be back to normal in a year, when the injury usually takes two years for a player to fully recover from (depending on your mental fortitude).

I get why the media would do it...they don't want to lose the biggest story in Free Agency and probably the biggest story they have to talk about, but I don't get why fans and front offices seem to be ignoring the reality of the situation too.

I'm good as long as we don't throw all our money at him. I'd take him for less than the max, but thirstbucket teams are going to offer him everything.

It's mind-boggling that a good majority of the basketball world seem to be pretending like it's some minor injury and everything is just business as usual.

The entire idea of getting a Kevin Durant this summer...was getting arguably the best player in the game who can put up 30 in his sleep effortlessly and single-handedly will teams to victory. He may rehab really well...and come back a really good basketball player...but that Kevin Durant we all knew is done.

A KD/Kyrie package deal doesn't NEARLY mean what it did a month ago. Asking a guy to come back @ 32 from a torn achilles...and be your franchise player is ALOT.

I agree. I don't think enough is said about his injury. It's an achilles tear. Only Dominque came back from that. Rudy Gay and Wes seems to be decent too, but they're role players.

However, even with the injury, you take the risk on KD. He's a freak of nature compared to the others who suffered the injury. A 80% KD is still around a top 10 player in the league I'd say. It's worth the risk IMO, even if the risk is super high. Scared money don't make no money.

I'm sure the Nets are also banking on their superior performance/medical team.

Felt like people were shouting me down when I said I didn't want KD after the injury...I really dont understand the thinking. Have we never seem a player of KDs caliber tear their Achilles at this stage of their career/at this age? Really feels like people are just looking past it assuming that he'll be back to normal in a year, when the injury usually takes two years for a player to fully recover from (depending on your mental fortitude).

I get why the media would do it...they don't want to lose the biggest story in Free Agency and probably the biggest story they have to talk about, but I don't get why fans and front offices seem to be ignoring the reality of the situation too.

I'm good as long as we don't throw all our money at him. I'd take him for less than the max, but thirstbucket teams are going to offer him everything.

Narratives sometime take over common sense.

We saw it last summer with Boogie. It was a few us on here who KNEW that Boogie would look like the way he looked this year. That's a life changing injury. Everyone lost their **** when they signed him...as if they were signing Boogie as we remembered him before.

Would NY care about the Nets if KD & Kyrie sign?

Doubt it. Jersey sales might not even be in the top 10

It's not like the Knicks have a long storied history to fall back on. Ain't Brooklyn the "IT" city on the east coast right now?

Our history may be outdated, but people here really still believe its the mecca. The Garden still has its aura, win or lose, and thats because of the fans.

As far as BK, definitely not. Certain parts are fun to go out to, but everyone you meet in those parts are hipsters or transplants from different cities.

The media is going to sell it like everyone out here gave up the Knicks for the Nets the same way they did when they moved to BK, though.

Thats exactly whats gonna happen. Which further proves the Knicks are the talk of the town. There will be more media coverage of the Knicks striking out on everyone than the Nets getting Kyrie/KD. Despite the fact that our FO repeatedly said we wont be going after the 2nd tier free agents, the media will play it out as if we struck out on everyone.

Having a guy spend one of the 4 years out of his max deal recovering from an Achilles injury then another as his “first year back” is pretty wild. You’re tying your entire cap to an Achilles. I think the skepticism is warranted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom