**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Bob Myers, fresh off his new contract extension, is tentatively scheduled to travel to New York over the weekend where Durant and his inner circle are located, league sources told The Athletic.
Meanwhile, All-Star Kyrie Irving is fully focused on a potential deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources have told The Athletic.
League sources say the Nets’ goals center upon forming a trio of Irving, Durant and free-agent center DeAndre Jordan.
Should Durant return to Golden State — which remains a strong option for the two-time Finals MVP with the five-year, $221 million super maximum — the Nets could look toward players such as Tobias Harris and Julius Randle to pair with Irving. Should Durant choose the Knicks or the Clippers, perhaps a second star such as Irving or Leonard joins too.
Rival executives told The Athletic they believe Durant has considered a possible partnership with Leonard throughout the pre-free agency process so far.
Around the rest of the league, several deals should be completed upon the start of free agency on Sunday afternoon, but most of the available players are awaiting decisions from the players at the top.
The Celtics are pursuing bigs with their $4.8 million room exception, such as Enes Kanter and Kevon Looney, sources said.
League sources say the expectation is the Nets will eventually either renounce the rights of free-agent All-Star D’Angelo Russell or do a sign-and-trade deal involving him during free agency. The Nets made a procedural move Friday by tendering a qualifying offer to Russell.
As Kemba Walker continues to be poised to sign elsewhere, Charlotte has begun to target point guards in the marketplace such as Celtics free agent Terry Rozier, league sources said. Rozier is a target for the New York Knicks, too.
Warriors guard Shaun Livingston has pushed his contract guarantee back to July 10, league sources say. Livingston had a $2 million guarantee on his $7.7 million deal for June 30. This move now allows the Warriors to have more time to decide on Livingston’s contract.
New York has targeted free-agent center Robin Lopez to be the potential backup for Mitchell Robinson, according to league sources.
When Jimmy Butler and the 76ers meet this weekend, one factor that will hold critical importance: The fifth year on Philadelphia’s contract offer, league sources have said. Rival teams interested in the All-Star believe that Butler and his agent, Bernie Lee, will prioritize the fifth year. Could the lack of one open Butler up to further meetings on the market? The 76ers remain fully focused on trying to re-sign both Butler and Tobias Harris.
https://theathletic.com/1053928/

The latest Bill Simmons podcast is so pathetic. It's him any Ryen trying to sell themselves on Kemba making the Celtics a contender.

"So what if Kemba comes and plays great, and Brown and Tatum both take a step forward, and they can cobble together some vets to replace Horford's production and Hayward is back to him old self...that's a title contender right there!" :lol:

Why do folks listen to Bill Simmons? Dude is insufferable.

my problem with the Vegas summer league is I always get tickets but end up having too much fun doing other things and I end up skipping the games.

Nah **** that. You need to get to the games, especially the first few days. I went last year and it was so awesome being there for all the games. Pissed I didn’t plan in advance to get the Thursday and Friday after next off work to go this year.

Darren Collison: ‘I have decided to retire from the NBA’
The veteran point guard explains why he’s stepping away from the game

20190407_gma_ss1_079_34589218-e1561775238231.jpg

Indiana Pacers guard Darren Collison (2) brings the ball up court against the Brooklyn Nets during the first quarter at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
BY DARREN COLLISON
June 28, 2019
Darren Collison is a 10-year veteran of the NBA. Drafted out of UCLA in 2009, Collison played for the New Orleans Hornets, Indiana Pacers, Dallas Mavericks, LA Clippers and Sacramento Kings. The 31-year-old point guard averaged 12.5 PPG and 5.0 assists per game over his career.

Basketball has been my life since I was a child. I could never imagine finding anything that brings me more joy than I get from playing the game. While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith. I am one of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and my faith means everything to me. I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched.

With that being said, I have decided to retire from the NBA.

Collison retires from NBA at 31 to focus on faith Read now
Obviously, when you love the game of basketball like I do, you focus more on that and can’t do everything else you want for good reason. I have always felt the need to do more to help others; that’s why it is so important to try and help out as much as possible. I am so grateful for all the opportunities that basketball has brought to my life. I have had the privilege over the past 10 years to play in front of some of the best fans and with some of the best organizations in the league. My agent Bill Duffy has been more than an agent to me. He has been a friend, a mentor, and a family member throughout my career. I’m also appreciative of the great friendships that I have earned from my teammates, coaches, and front-office personnel that I will treasure for a lifetime. Players such as Victor Oladipo, Russell Westbrook, DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, Stephen Curry, Dwyane Wade, and LeBron James who had a major impact on me competing at the highest level. I either have a close relationship with those that I have mentioned or they inspired me to work harder. Obviously, I never have had the accolades they have. But they gave me a benchmark to work toward, and I’m truly thankful to them for that.

I also would not have made it the past 10 years without the loving support of my parents and extended family. But the most important person of all in this NBA journey is my loving wife, Keyosha. She is my favorite teammate. We have been on this journey together since the Etiwanda High days in Inland Empire. She inspired me the most through my 10-year career. She has guided our family through everything you could imagine during the many NBA seasons. From the amount of moves that we’ve made, the day-to-day challenges we faced and all the while dealt with the emotions of an up-and-down season. She is our strength.

To all of you, I would like to say thank you for the countless years of support. Thank you for respecting my decision.

Welp...RIP the rest the NBA. Y'all's insolence did this. The real is back. I can't believe it's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom