**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you dudes not understand this was before LeBron was there........

If he wasn’t there and it was just AD I would 100% believe he’s going there. I do not believe that a dude in his prime that just put his team on his back and won the championship is about to go join up with a super team where no matter what anybody says beforehand he’s basically going to be the third option most nights.

Strictly alluding to parity. I think it would make for a better product for diehard fans to have a balanced league as opposed to completely top heavy. Not surprised the ratings say otherwise though.
As a fan I've come to terms that there will always be a top team and a a favorite so I'd just rather it be someone I like. Yeah underdogs win sometimes but I'm not rooting for the dog just because either.

Would you prefer a salary cap with no player max?

Teams giving Lebron 80 mil and gotta piece the rest of the team together for 19 mill.

I’d be fun as hell to watch and avoid these superteams.

That's way of managining salary has been discussed by man smart sports/business people. Keep the salary cap in its present form with the luxury tax, salary apron and repeter penalties but get rid of max contracts. Lebron would have been making upwards of ~60m/season in his prime but it would leave a team with very little money to build a team. The salary cap is the only reason that teams can have 2 or 3 top 20 players. There's no reason that Andrew Wiggins should be making 90% of what KD is making, its insane. The salary cap depressed the wages of top players.

The issue is that the lower tier NBA players who make up the majority of the NBPA would never go for it. Why would a mid-tier player want to screw up his money like that? Also, salary restricts and contract lengths protects GMs from themselves. If there was no salary cap, GMs would make panic moves and screw up their team for the next decades. Look at what happened in 2016 when the cap went up, teams didn't know what to do with themselves

That's way of managining salary has been discussed by man smart sports/business people. Keep the salary cap in its present form with the luxury tax, salary apron and repeter penalties but get rid of max contracts. Lebron would have been making upwards of ~60m/season in his prime but it would leave a team with very little money to build a team. The salary cap is the only reason that teams can have 2 or 3 top 20 players. There's no reason that Andrew Wiggins should be making 90% of what KD is making, its insane. The salary cap depressed the wages of top players.

The issue is that the lower tier NBA players who make up the majority of the NBPA would never go for it. Why would a mid-tier player want to screw up his money like that? Also, salary restricts and contract lengths protects GMs from themselves. If there was no salary cap, GMs would make panic moves and screw up their team for the next decades. Look at what happened in 2016 when the cap went up, teams didn't know what to do with themselves

We’re a capitalistic country. Make the NBA the same with a cap. Not like baseball but tbh it’s the owners fault. This system would make the NBA great again. Would be fun to see.

We’re a capitalistic country. Make the NBA the same with a cap. Not like baseball but tbh it’s the owners fault. This system would make the NBA great again. Would be fun to see.

Ironically, not when it comes to sports. All these rich guys who made money in the capitalist market become Bernie real quick once they own the team. They want collective bargaining and revenue sharing :lol:. It's the only way small market teams can compete, Milwaukee, Detriot, Minnesota, etc. wouldn't even have a chance with the salary cap and revenue sharing.

If he wasn’t there and it was just AD I would 100% believe he’s going there. I do not believe that a dude in his prime that just put his team on his back and won the championship is about to go join up with a super team where no matter what anybody says beforehand he’s basically going to be the third option most nights.
I think LeBron actually would be the third option. He said AD is the best player on the team. He gonna say anything to Kawhi to get him to come. I don't think hes above saying he's washed even though he may not think that.

Having great help can extend your prime. Kawhi was banged up but GState was even more banged up so he won. I think he would understands that. All these things factor in.

Keep that poise Bron. Don't give these ****** no clues.

This the opposite of meeting with AD, hand over mouth laughing while he on the Pels cus he coming and they can't do ****. Kawhi, been the silent parter.

Why do you dudes not understand this was before LeBron was there........

Why? People keep just projecting on Kawhi. "He's a real one he would never do that." :lol: Dude never chose to go to the Raptors. For all we know he wanted to be on a super team all along. Just because people want him to be their savior doesn't mean he is.

Imagine trying to get in Kawhi's head and think what's going to do next.

Right? I decided I’m permanently done playing that game for Kawhi or anyone else.

We don’t really know these dudes and we especially don’t know the people around them who have influence over their decision-making.

Plus, I’ve usually been wrong about these kind of things :lol: 2010 - after it came out that LeBron was doing a TV special to announce his decision, I was sure he was staying in CLE. No way he’d go on national TV to basically **** on his home state team. Welp.

2016 - no way KD was leaving OKC to help the team they had on the brink of elimination in the playoffs. Welp again.

I did think LeBron was going to the Lakers year because so many signs were pointing in that direction for so long.

Last edited:
The latest Bill Simmons podcast is so pathetic. It's him any Ryen trying to sell themselves on Kemba making the Celtics a contender.

"So what if Kemba comes and plays great, and Brown and Tatum both take a step forward, and they can cobble together some vets to replace Horford's production and Hayward is back to him old self...that's a title contender right there!" :lol:

my problem with the Vegas summer league is I always get tickets but end up having too much fun doing other things and I end up skipping the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom