**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:emoji_eyes:

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 11.58.40 PM.png
It's gonna be one of those dudes like him. Hoping for Deadmon though since he can stretch the floor.

Is there a team that's not reportedly interested in Jimmy Butler? :lol:

I think his people are throwing out all these teams to try and get that 5th year whether it's from Philly or in a sign and trade. The Clipper report earlier was interesting cause it said the team was interested in courting him not so much that Jimmy wants them. Miami, Houston, Lakers, Philly, Nets seem to be the teams in the running.

I think his people are throwing out all these teams to try and get that 5th year whether it's from Philly or in a sign and trade. The Clipper report earlier was interesting cause it said the team was interested in courting him not so much that Jimmy wants them. Miami, Houston, Lakers, Philly, Nets seem to be the teams in the running.

Theme continues...

Feel for Bucks fans. Yes, you will have fun for a couple of years, but when you give Middleton a max, Giannis is just gonna bolt. You made the signing to please him but at the end of the day, its gonna do the opposite and make him realize that's not the place for him

so they should have let middleton walk to show giannas they're fiscally smart coming off his MVP season. got it.

so they should have let middleton walk to show giannas they're fiscally smart coming off his MVP season. got it.

Like I said before.

If they bring the big 4 back they are capped out even if Kris Mid takes 20Ms per year.

The only thing him taking that max is doing is costing the owners money and making it less likely he can be traded later.

From a player resource management perspective they kinda stuck with the team they got.

Midas well pay everybody and hope you get a chip.

Giannis and Kris Mid are young enough to level up again.

Bucks are between a rock and a hard place man.

They gotta pay everyone but maybe Brogdon. That roster is gonna get nutty expensive.

Yea out of all the rumors and smoke the past few days, two things I've heard nothing about is Jimmy being interested in the clippers and any team being interested in trading for galinari. There was an article during the playoffs that said the nets, Hawks, pacers, jazz and Mavericks would have the cap space to do it. None of those options make sense at this point

they can hope lopez doesn't ask for the bag considering he's earned over $100million in his career. brogdan won't take a discount considering he's a 2nd round pick and he's missed significant time the last two seasons.

Yes. People think of Kyle Lowry and Marc Gasol as on the exact same level as LeBron and Anthony Davis. A fringe all-star and a dude everyone felt was washed are the same as 2 of the top 10 players in the league.

You’re better than this.

That's not what you said.
You also skipped the Spurs trio.

We're also skipping the KD/Klay injuries.

But I understand this is how it works. Old man Duncan, old man Gasol, but this is prime LeBron...... See how we're pickin and choosin here?

Prime AD is the join. Bron is the aged vet, same as the others. Better player, same circumstance.

absolutely not. My post indicated they really had no choice but its gonna be one that will hamper them once it gets down to resigning Giannis. Middleton's contract will be tough to trade.

They are signing him not because they think he deserves it, but strictly because they are gonna try and make Giannis happy. But he's nowhere near a max player, so competing for championships will be harder when one of the guys is getting a max but doesn't even come close to deserving it.

Good luck to the Bucks being able to sign another max player within the next 2 years. I don't see it happening.

they can hope lopez doesn't ask for the bag considering he's earned over $100million in his career. brogdan won't take a discount considering he's a 2nd round pick and he's missed significant time the last two seasons.

Splash should take the discount.

If he was anywhere other than Milwaukee no one would saying he's about to get the bag.

That's not what you said.
You also skipped the Spurs trio.

We're also skipping the KD/Klay injuries.

But I understand this is how it works. Old man Duncan, old man Gasol, but this is prime LeBron...... See how we're pickin and choosin here?

Prime AD is the join. Bron is the aged vet, same as the others. Better player, same circumstance.

Mark Gasol at 34 and Timmy at 37 aren't in the same stratosphere of production or caliber of player as Lebron at 34.

This a truly horrible point.

Like I said before.

If they bring the big 4 back they are capped out even if Kris Mid takes 20Ms per year.

The only thing him taking that max is doing is costing the owners money and making it less likely he can be traded later.

From a player resource management perspective they kinda stuck with the team they got.

Midas well pay everybody and hope you get a chip.

Giannis and Kris Mid are young enough to level up again.
A middleton signing is like when the Wiz gave Otto Porter that contract. If they didnt, they lose him for nothing. Same here. Yes, absolutely, it hurts the owner pockets, but it absolutely hurts the Bucks ability to make a great team, if they have the chance to do it. One of the max players they are about to have is really worth $20M per, not $35M per.

These type of signings don't turn out well.

Yes. People think of Kyle Lowry and Marc Gasol as on the exact same level as LeBron and Anthony Davis. A fringe all-star and a dude everyone felt was washed are the same as 2 of the top 10 players in the league.

You’re better than this.

If anything they’re better. Let’s look at this objectively:

Lowry > LeBron
Gasol >>> AD

37 year old duncan >>>>>> 34 Year old Lebron

31 year old Parker and 36 year old Ginobili >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AD

Only for this argument though. If he signs with thr Lakers then we’ll have to discuss how this trio is actually the greatest ever. Really depends what discussion we’re having.

Last edited:
Folks said all year that the Cs "had too many guys" and now some of them are gone and they don't have enough guys :lol:

Horford will be missed. They'll be fine otherwise though, and should have improvements from Hayward, Brown, and Tatum.

I hope they keep Morris. Morris and Smart were the true heart/backbone of those teams the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom