**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

657EEF61-B226-41E2-9851-7030D5ED3D63.gif

Caught up on the thread and read every post. Gonna post piecemeal thoughts.

carlos tevez carlos tevez , you should be glad Kawhi is taking his time to announce a decision. Obviously it's bad news for Raps fans if a Kawhi decision leaks before he even takes the last Toronto meeting. There's so much smoke regarding a Lakers move that it feels like nobody truly knows. I even saw tweets from Cris Carter in which the first one alluded to Lakers being a done deal, then today something to the effect of Kawhi is still deciding while the Clips and Raptors are still in play.

Kawhi's situation is so interesting because nobody really knows what's going on in his mind. Is he moved by money, home/family, fame, prestige/legacy? He's almost like a robot on the court. It's hard to gauge where he's leaning because of his stoic mentality.

My personal hunch is I never thought Kawhi was coming byke to Toronto. His business is finished there, delivered the Raps their first-ever championship. Run it back for what? Unless he loves living in Canada, which would be understandable because Toronto is an extremely diverse community, it's a draw for people like me. He's a L.A. guy so either the Lakers or Clips always made sense. With the Lakers, Kawhi can form a big three with LeBron and AD. Probably his easiest path to regular Finals appearances. Or on the flip side, join the Clips and help them deliver their first-ever title in the same manner he came through for the Raptors. You got a bunch of scrappy, overlooked guys surrounding Kawhi if he opts for the Clippers. Dogs who proved they play hard no matter the circumstance against the Dubs. Also, if coaching matters, I'd rather play for Doc than Vogel.

Good news as a Raptors fan is we gave Kawhi such a great experience he hasn't signed with an LA team yet. Bad news is he hasn't resigned with us yet despite getting a 10/10 experience. I think this is one of those situations in life where emotions are challenging the logical side of your brain. The Raptors organization have given Kawhi everything he has asked for (winning, health, trust, no leaks) and yet he's trying to justify moving to LA. In the end I think he's going to be a Laker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom