**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OKC did great getting the picks but if I was a fan I'd feel some type of way from that resigning party last season to demanding a trade ASAP. I'm in the deep minority but they were a good team with good players, not a contender but could compete with some pieces. from that to deep rebuild in one fell swoop.

What we even talking about here bro? I agree with you that OKC is in better position now than they were before the PG trade :lol:

I was just addressing the blame part.. and expounding on my initial point

Soon as OKC saw they couldn’t really win, was time to pack it up and hit reset

No way in hell do they get that package with the clippers desperation for kawhi

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

I’m surprised teams are giving Monta a look, he looked like the NBA game had passed him by when he was in Indy. Being a 30+ year old guard who depended on his athleticism and couldn’t knock down a 3.

I’d like to see Amare back though. I think he could give some decent relief off the bench and be a good vet to have around.

Monta :smokin

It's amazing how Kawhi has managed to escape criticism with all the **** he pulled behind the scenes. Bron got lit, KD got lit, but somehow Kawhi gets a pass. Mans got turned down by Kyrie, KD, and saved PG for last. But we not gonna hear " All Stars don't wanna play with Kawhi".

Keep that same energy you lames.

Not the same.

There's no asterisk on those rings regardless of how you feel about em. Kawhi won his first one with legit 3 HOFer's in Duncan, Parker, and Ginbobli.
You acting like he won that by himself.

Ya'll just acting ******ed as usual in this thread. Nothing else to see here.

A) he didn’t choose what team drafted him
B)You can’t blame GMs for knowing how to acquire talent
C)LBJ and KD both entered the league with expectations (which were met)

BUT the difference is, KD and LBJ both didn’t have the willpower to stick it out with their respective teams.

Both guys would have won championships, if they stayed. But they couldn’t handle the pressure.

This is the fastest rebuild set ever lol. Boston, Philly, etc took years to compile the parts to legitimately start over and they did it within the span of 3 days.

Then having miami’s picks is exactly why they should look to Detroit.. target picks 2 or 3 years from now when Russ and Blake will both be 33-34 age range

I agree although getting out of the Russ contract is their priority at this point. Adams gotta bounce too

To be honest, getting picks and/or young guys should be their priority even if they gotta eat money

Free agents ain’t going there.. so gotta hit rebuild through the draft and have a ton of chances at it

Then when they hit on 2 or 3 guys then you use ammo on guys under contract to add to them when other teams start their cycle

That racist redneck was born and raised in your city playboy :lol:
:lol: Listen I'm from upper manhattan. I really can't speak to eastern queens type of characters.... That's basically Long Island suburbs and there's mad racists out there.

It really is a disgrace to the city and state of new york though.

BUT the difference is, KD and LBJ both didn’t have the willpower to stick it out with their respective teams.

Both guys would have won championships, if they stayed. But they couldn’t handle the pressure.

Who's blaming GM's for anything? It's a fact that Kawhi was drafted into a championship culture with HOF coach in Pop.
It's also a fact that he won his first ring with 3 legit HOF'ers and it wasn't all up to him. He didn't have the expectations or the burden of carrying a team the same way Bron and KD did. Kawhi was nurtured and protected in SA until it went sour.

There was no guarantee that Cleveland was gonna win anything during Bron's first years in the league. The Cavs surrounded him with garbage for years. KD and Russ were a good 1/2 punch and if it weren't for some questionable calls they would've upset Bron and nem. Not to mention OKC had Harden and they managed to mess that up. But you can't say they would've won. We'll never know.

Even though Curt Flood is the father of all these cats, Bron helped open that door for modern players to take control over their brand and choose where they wanna go. I don't fault him or KD for that. That Miami squad was top heavy and had plenty of weaknesses. But he eventually went back and won a title. It all worked out in the end. 10 years from now, people aren't gonna care that KD left OKC to join a 73-9 team. All they gonna see is the rings and the Finals MVP's.

It's amazing how Kawhi has managed to escape criticism with all the **** he pulled behind the scenes. Bron got lit, KD got lit, but somehow Kawhi gets a pass. Mans got turned down by Kyrie, KD, and saved PG for last. But we not gonna hear " All Stars don't wanna play with Kawhi".

Keep that same energy you lames.

LeBron is not the problem. It’s the Lakers

Lebron would of won a championship if he stuck it out in Cleveland? Cleveland thought Larry Hughes and Booby Gibson, not to mention a run down Shaq, were top tier talent paired with him lol. Must not remember the talent around him the first time around or it just didn’t fit your narrative. But I’m not going to speak anymore on it because everyone here knows how you feel about LBJ. I will agree with you about KD though. Dude had a 3-1 lead on GS and decided he was going to wet the bed from there and then run to the team that beat him.

I get why salty Lakers fans want Kawhi to be slandered, but his situation really is different from KD and LeBron.

LeBron bailed on his home state team to join two other all-stars in a different place because he hadn’t won anything yet.

Kawhi is returning to his home state, after already having won two chips and is only joining one other all-star. And he’s going to a team that people (Lakers fans) have said is “cursed” and “will never win anything”.

Ringless KD left the team that drafted him for a team that already was championship level, which his other team had on the brink of elimination.

Kawhi left his championship team for an 8th seed in the West that has never won anything.

And, please, Lakers fans, think about the fact you want Kawhi slandered for joining the Clippers when you were pushing him to join what you guys were saying would be the best big 3 ever. Come on, now.

Who's blaming GM's for anything? It's a fact that Kawhi was drafted into a championship culture with HOF coach in Pop.
It's also a fact that he won his first ring with 3 legit HOF'ers and it wasn't all up to him. He didn't have the expectations or the burden of carrying a team the same way Bron and KD did. Kawhi was nurtured and protected in SA until it went sour.

There was no guarantee that Cleveland was gonna win anything during Bron's first years in the league. The Cavs surrounded him with garbage for years. KD and Russ were a good 1/2 punch and if it weren't for some questionable calls they would've upset Bron and nem. Not to mention OKC had Harden and they managed to mess that up. But you can't say they would've won. We'll never know.

Even though Curt Flood is the father of all these cats, Bron helped open that door for modern players to take control over their brand and choose where they wanna go. I don't fault him or KD for that. That Miami squad was top heavy and had plenty of weaknesses. But he eventually went back and won a title. It all worked out in the end. 10 years from now, people aren't gonna care that KD left OKC to join a 73-9 team. All they gonna see is the rings and the Finals MVP's.

Not knocking ANYONE for having control over their career. The same thing you just stated in your bottom paragraphs, is exactly what Kawhi did, ironically. The organization (San Antonio) betrayed him so, he left. LeBron has been coddled (so you can’t single out Kawhi). We agree to disagree, I guess. But to be in your athletic peak/prime and willingly CHOOSE to form
super teams, I personally don’t rock with that. Them boys (Bron and KD) took the easy route. Which is cool for them but, me as a sports fan. Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom