**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im on a new level ya dig...Po Up! Im livin my best liiifeee woday
20181117_141103.jpg

Markelle Fultz on his new approach at the free throw line: "Yeah it's something I added right now. Just trial and error. It's been working nice for me so I'm going to stick with it for now." Fultz said he feels comfortable with the free-throw style, in which he shuffles the ball back and forth between his hands before shooting.

Kinda like speech therapy for a stutter.

We can say Phoenix sucks at developing players but at the same time Devon booker is really good at basketball and has made improvements every season. Does the 6ers PD suck because Fultz and Simmons can’t shoot and do they get credit for Embiid being a top 10 player?

Now of course it isn’t a level playing field and some organizations are better than others, but sometimes it boils down to whether a kid has or not.

Last edited:
sometimes it boils down to whether a kid has or not.

i always follow this as law but circumstance and environment are major variables.

True talent is always going to thrive but i wonder all the time what the book might be on certain guys if their circumstances are different.

Not many of us saw the Jayson Tatum hype coming. His profile went UP from Duke. We've seen both "Good Tatum" and "Bad Tatum"...and i wonder how much of "Bad Tatum" we'd see if he's somewhere where he IS the team and not rolled out in a specific role next to really good players.

i think there's something to be said for how his environment is playing a role in his development and the consensus view of him. nobody was calling him "Kobe" until after he exchanged buckets with Bron in the playoffs. He's not even in that situation if he's the best player in Minnesota or some ****.

Last edited:
Young has recorded almost 23 drives per 100 possessions, ninth-most among rotation players, per Second Spectrum. Almost 40 percent of Young's shots have come within four feet of the rim, a hefty mark. He's finishing at about an average rate for point guards, and average is great on the rookie point guard curve. He coaxes in layups from awkward angles, way below the rim.

He's patient with a live dribble, always scanning for passes. The Hawks have scored about 1.15 points per possession when Young drives -- slightly above average, per Second Spectrum. Again: For a rookie amid this tanky, stanky roster, average is a huge win.

I'm of the belief that player development is on the player. Sure a good coach/environment/system helps but does Josh Jackson not look lost in Boston? Is Frank Ntilikina an aggressive offensive player in Toronto?

Some guys have it, some don't.

i always follow this as law but circumstance and environment are major variables.

True talent is always going to thrive but i wonder all the time what the book might be on certain guys if their circumstances are different.

Not many of us saw the Jayson Tatum hype coming. His profile went UP from Duke. We've seen both "Good Tatum" and "Bad Tatum"...and i wonder how much of "Bad Tatum" we'd see if he's somewhere where he IS the team and not rolled out in a specific role next to really good players.

i think there's something to be said for how his environment is playing a role in his development and the consensus view of him. nobody was calling him "Kobe" until after he exchanged buckets with Bron in the playoffs. He's not even in that situation if he's the best player in Minnesota or some ****.

I agree but Myrie had to go down for the Kobe talk to begin with. I could be wrong but his buzz wasn’t what it was when he was averaging 13 in the regular season before Myrie got hurt. It was about Simmons and Mitchell. Add to it he was traded for Fultz.

Fox and Giannis are proof that a player can succeed almost anywhere if they have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom