**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings should catch more flack for passing on Luka than Atlanta should.
Plus if you’re going to evaluate that trade wouldn’t it be Luka vs Trae + whoever they draft with the Mavs pick?
Everyone who passed gets equal flack from me, I had him at 1, pretty comfortably at that.

That pick is also protected, top 5 I believe. You got 4 teams in the east then Phoenix in front of them, so they’d only have to jump one in the lottery to keep it.

Everyone who passed gets equal flack from me, I had him at 1, pretty comfortably at that.

That pick is also protected, top 5 I believe. You got 4 teams in the east then Phoenix in front of them, so they’d only have to jump one in the lottery to keep it.
I just don’t think Trae is bad to where we can say the Hawks goofed, even if he’s not as good as Luka lol

If we can project him to be in the 35% range, can I in-turn project Luka to shoot 45% from 3?
College season was up & down, but in total he ended up at 36% overall and was consistently upper mid 80s from the free throw line, still accurate from the stripe in the league.

35% doesn’t appear to be an outlandish prediction, while 45% from Luca would put him above Steph Curry.

I think you got to have at least 3 guys who can shoot the 3 ball at all times on the court or your ability to compete goes bye bye

Long time vets who are adapting understand that. Look at Taj Gibson who can make the occasional 3 when I've never known him to even attempt it
They got some tough decisions to make between now and next summer (Rubio, Favors).

He only shot 32.6% from 3 in conference play last year. Not particularly surprising that he'd struggle even more against bigger, faster, more athletic competition.
Struggle more is one thing, 22% is complete trash. I thought he would be around 30-32%. He is shooting 48% on 2 pointers but these analytic folks got dudes playing reckless.

It was funny to watch last night. Every time Lin would come into the game, ATL would go on a run. And every time Trae would replace him, the Celtics would go on a run. Top is Trae, bottom is Lin:

5EFB500F-A695-494B-A2D4-D3DB28154834.jpeg

Now obviously Lin isn’t in their long term plans and Trae is. And they don’t necessarily want to win right now anyway. But yeah, if you’re Trae and you’re shooting 22.6% on threes, maybe don’t pull off the dribble 5 feet behind the line like Steph. Guy is shooting a lower % than Marcus Smart. That’s gotta be demoralizing as a teammate.

Peope were SO upset when people were saying Luka > Trae prior to the season. Talmbout “wait for the season to start.” When have we ever done that when comparing top picks? The only way Trae is like ST3-1PH is that they both get coddled.

THEY don’t want you to say a single bad thing about that dude. And I’m one of his fans. Just think Luka is better

Washington has one, he expensive tho
I think I would do it if I were PHX. Warren/Jackson/Okobo for Wall works. Maybe PHX adds in their future Bucks pick that they have.

PHX gets to keep their young cornerstones in Book and Ayton, their 3 and D glue guy in Bridges, and will probably get a top 5 pick in this upcoming draft.

Wall's contract sucks, but it's up before Booker's extension is, and it's not like he's getting paid til he's 37 like Chris Paul. He should still be a high level player for the next 3-4 years.

Struggle more is one thing, 22% is complete trash. I thought he would be around 30-32%. He is shooting 48% on 2 pointers but these analytic folks got dudes playing reckless.
He's a very good finisher in the paint when his shot isn't getting blocked. He needs to focus on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom