Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

For some reason I feel like we lost a few close games and some other games we were hanging close or winning only to lose composure and lose big.

With a leader/veteran in sure we could of have easily be closer to .500 right now.

KP also played half the season last year... so without him this year it was a lost season which guaranteed a top 3 pick before the season even started

I think more so the veteran presence. Till this day Jarret Jack would be our best PG. Even during the Kidd/Prigs years we had our best runs.

Might need to go out and get a veteran back up for next year instead of the Burkes, Mudiays, Ntilikinas.

i wouldn't say surprised. we have no depth at PF/C. Kanter would let Brittney Griner (idk how to spell her name) drop a 30 piece and Mitch can't stay on the court. we're lucky with what we're getting from Kornet and Vonleh. we did go on a run and beat some good teams. i didn't expect us to fall off this bad this fast. i'm cool with it though. we're not playing for anything other than a top pick anyway.

i didn't expect us to fall off this bad this fast. i'm cool with it though.

This is what the season has come to me for me also.

My expectations were completely off. Thought KP would be on the court by Christmas, Frank would actually greatly improve, and we'd finish off around 30-35 wins. O well.

How are we a better team than last year without KP?

Last year's team was garbage but you can't pretend experience does not matter n the nba. Not to mention again we don't have KP or any replacement as a #1 option.

This team in the first 20 games were in so many close games they lost or worst made huge comebacks only to do the vintage Knicks fake comeback. With some key pieces that wouldn't happen but since we're focusing on being young this team is gonna have to learn that through trial and error.

Last edited:
2E3B2FDC-EF5E-45C8-911B-CB306CE45AC8.gif

Y’all be jumping to mad conclusions in this thread lmao

I watched the whole game, it's clear as day DSJ has major flaws. He got torched defensively all game and had stupid *** fouls/turnovers. Teammates even look him off. Sucks because seems like he's playing to fit in and be liked again.

Those last 2 plays saved him big time.

What young player doesn’t have major flaws. Donovan Mitchell is 2 years older and has major flaws in his game too. DS Jr is only six months older than Frank. He’ll put it together. He’s showing constant progress and fleshing out a well rounded game.

Last edited:
I could care less about a crossover or how high he jumps.

He wont even be as good as any of these guys, but you dont win with super athletic flashy point guards like Steve Francis, Baron Davis, Eric Bledsoe, Westbrook, the list goes on.

Frank isnt our PG and will never be at this rate. We havent had a legit PG since Walt and Mark. DSJ isnt the answer.

He’s not any of those players. Steve Francis and BD were not even similar players. And when the hell did Bledsoe become a super flashy PG? And what about Kyrie? Isiah Thomas? This is one of the worst takes that people constantly throw out there. But hey you’re welcome to your opinion.

Davis and Steve Francis are the closest comparisons to DSJ u can possibly get. Mudiay is better than DSJ.

Yes Kyrie is flashy but he's also a top 2 PG in this league. No comparison at all there.

There's a reason 99% of point guards from NYC never pan out. DSJ fits that mold and he's not even from here.

Back
Top Bottom