Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Royal Ivey. Don't forget that name my g. Remember this.

Just read that he's Durant's best friend.

Thinking the Knicks make a play for Durant and Kyrie. I like Kyrie, but I wish we could land Kawahi, but if the Craptors go deep in the playoffs Kawahi might stay.

Just read that he's Durant's best friend.

Thinking the Knicks make a play for Durant and Kyrie. I like Kyrie, but I wish we could land Kawahi, but if the Craptors go deep in the playoffs Kawahi might stay.

Knicks gonna go hard for KD & Kyrie. I really feel like it's Clippers or Toronto for Kawhi

i dont like the combination of kawhi and kd... but if i had to pick and it was realistic prally not lol is KD and Kyrie or Kawhi and Kyrie... or KD or Kawhi with kemba

Was never a big fan of his, not bc he was an entitled diva who expected his unemployed no-experience brother to have some say in the org, but I didn’t like how he played. His style was soft, getting pushed to the perimeter and refusing to play the 5 bc he preferred to shoot jumpers over shorter players. When 6’3 Marcus Smart shut him down and bodied him, it was pretty embarrassing. If you guys remember when his name was being floated in trade rumors before the 2017 draft (to boston for the 3rd pick), I was all for it. I had also been wondering for years what kind of big can we get to do all the dirty work for him bc he doesn’t want to guard the other teams best big, and he doesn’t want to play inside.

I kind of wish we got more back in return, but it’s hard to trade someone coming off an ACL injury. I’m also a bit confused at the timing. From the Knicks perspective why did they have to do this now, before knowing what FAs were committing this Summer? They could’ve traded KP this summer to dump salaries after getting commits from FAs. And if they struck out this summer they could just let Lees deal wind off, suck another yr and trade KP for better assets (tho DSJ and 2 future firsts isn’t horrible). My only guess is:
1) They didn’t like him at 7’3 coming off the acl injury, 2) they’re fairly confident that at least someone will sign and found a way to clear space + get something back at the same time, 3) they think having 2 max slots is much more attractive to some pair of FAs, 4) they actually personally wanted him out of here

It’s probably a combination of these things, and I guess adding in his diva tendencies, his brothers desire to have a say w the FO, and them threatening to not sign a long term deal, they said let’s just move on.

It probably caught KP and his people off guard too, bc of the initial report that he will only sign a QO with Dallas. The only explanation is that it was an empty threat his brother/people came up with after they were caught off guard and had no say in where he was being traded. They tried using the only leverage they had for influence (kp and his bro probably wanted the pg/kawhi/ad trade rumor attention) and it made no difference bc dallas knows there’s no way a guy coming off acl surgery risks it all for UFA.

My only hope is that we don’t force anything w all the cap space we have. If we strike out, let’s suck another yr and use the cap space to get more picks/assets. Hope DSJ balls out too

Awesome post btw

Just to answer your question though, if Big Gallo signs that QO next summer it totally removes whatever power the organization has to move him.

What team in their right minds would take on such awful contracts (Lee and Hardaway) for a player who's making 4.6 mill that will be a UNRESTRICTED free agent in the following season.

He let it be known he didn't want to be here and for once the Knicks moved in a shrewed fashion and gave him what he wanted while clearing up the most cap space in the league while keeping assets and adding a couple picks.

That does not happen if you don't make this deal in the fashion they did it.

Rumblings were already starting and with more days going by Big Gallo would've gained more power and the league would've gotten privy to what's actually going on.

So true. Melo wanted to be here so badly. Only left because he was literally forced out. Stuck through the tank years with a smile and actually carried us into the playoffs multiple times. KP’s snake *** tried to sabotage his way out when given the keys

Yeah because all Melo wanted was the fattest contract he could get and the freedom to play however he wanted on the basketball court with mad excuses. "Stuck through the tank years" lol. Yeah, he was the tank years. More of them.

There's a reason Melo never feuded with management until he got pushed out. He didn't give a **** about winning. He wanted to be a "mogul" and live in NYC and play Melo ball and we gave that to him.

Porzingis wouldn't resign with the Kings. Idk what's so hard to understand about this. Him and his brother being on some diva brat **** totally hinder what our return could be. It's comically similar to what Melo did when he was in Denver. "I won't sign an extension" is the new no trade clause. No team is gonna give away a haul with no promise that the player your trading for is gonna be around for the long term.

It's like dude can't get it through his head he's going extra hard for Porzigins and doesn't realize the dude wanted to leave, and put the Knicks in a place where they had to make this deal or we would have ended up getting F'd over even worse.

Yeah because all Melo wanted was the fattest contract he could get and the freedom to play however he wanted on the basketball court with mad excuses. "Stuck through the tank years" lol. Yeah, he was the tank years. More of them.

There's a reason Melo never feuded with management until he got pushed out. He didn't give a **** about winning. He wanted to be a "mogul" and live in NYC and play Melo ball and we gave that to him.

F8B91D7A-A0D8-4E4E-AA9A-5C6774BC5B7B.gif

Awesome post btw

Just to answer your question though, if Big Gallo signs that QO next summer it totally removes whatever power the organization has to move him.

What team in their right minds would take on such awful contracts (Lee and Hardaway) for a player who's making 4.6 mill that will be a UNRESTRICTED free agent in the following season.

He let it be known he didn't want to be here and for once the Knicks moved in a shrewed fashion and gave him what he wanted while clearing up the most cap space in the league while keeping assets and adding a couple picks.

That does not happen if you don't make this deal in the fashion they did it.

Rumblings were already starting and with more days going by Big Gallo would've gained more power and the league would've gotten privy to what's actually going on.

Some knicks fans dont understand this... wont say names... but we had no leverage KP didnt want to be here and was willing to sign the QO... front office played no games and made a trade asap... they got a young buck in dsjr while getting 2 first round picks and cleared up cap space for 2 max guys... sounds like a win in my book but some wont get it or agree with it... i get it... but wait until the draft or free agency to really judge this trade... who knows what can happen is all im saying...

and even though i loved the trade im still stressed as a knicks fan... kinda like how bill simmons was stressed the celtics traded KG and paul for 3 draft picks but it helped their future... so i am having a drink after a stressful knicks trade no cap... actually having a few drinks lol

Dudes got a point

1F69FD06-E37F-419F-B7FB-052613215B9E.jpeg
Knows nothing of the Knicks or Knicks history/culture.

Knox gonna end up a bust or at best the poorest man's Paul George and on the chance he puts altogethrr and is a legit star hes gonna end up leaving like Melo or Porchfungus did, no superstar is signing here and we'll end up with Jimmy Butler, and somehow someway we'll end up with the 13th pick in the draft.

Kristaps Porzingis Plans To Sign Qualifying Offer With Mavs This Summer
JAN 31, 2019 4:28 PM

Porzingis_Kristaps_nyk_171110.jpg

Kristaps Porzingis is planning to sign a one-year qualifying offer in restricted free agency with the Dallas Mavericks this summer.

Porzingis, along with Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee, was traded to the Mavs for Dennis Smith Jr., Wesley Matthews, and DeAndre Jordan.

If Porzingis were to sign the qualifying offer, he would then become an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season.

SHAMS CHARANIA/THE ATHLETIC

Mavs lost

Kristaps Porzingis Plans To Sign Qualifying Offer With Mavs This Summer
JAN 31, 2019 4:28 PM

Porzingis_Kristaps_nyk_171110.jpg

Kristaps Porzingis is planning to sign a one-year qualifying offer in restricted free agency with the Dallas Mavericks this summer.

Porzingis, along with Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee, was traded to the Mavs for Dennis Smith Jr., Wesley Matthews, and DeAndre Jordan.

If Porzingis were to sign the qualifying offer, he would then become an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season.

SHAMS CHARANIA/THE ATHLETIC

Mavs lost
Dudes is a ******* idiot for this too

Hope he plays like **** and doesn’t get the bag next summer

Any cliffs?

Literally saying he wanted out and requested a trade this morning. The FO acted diligently and got the cap relief we needed and picks to go all in this off-season

Durant is the #1 priority and thinks he's a possibility with the other max slot

Keeping big Gallo would've been a problem in free agency cause he didn't want to be here.

This has been brewing since he bolted the exit meeting with Phil Jackson.

He's a diva who hasn't accomplished ****

The end

Back
Top Bottom