Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

**** im about to wear my KP jersey into the office tomorrow

No undershirt or any of that nonsense either.

I mean KP can go but **** the management of this team period. Get something for it.

lets say we dont get the top 3 pick... but we offer our 2019 pick and the 2 mavs pick for #1 pick... who says no to that? still hoping it dont come to that and we land the #1 pick... need to bench jordan and matthews... limit both to 20 minutes a game

lets say we dont get the top 3 pick... but we offer our 2019 pick and the 2 mavs pick for #1 pick... who says no to that? still hoping it dont come to that and we land the #1 pick... need to bench jordan and matthews... limit both to 20 minutes a game

We gonna keep losing. Our draft spot is safe.

We got assets pa :pimp:

Let it play out

Sooooo are the new additions to the team down with the tank? Or are they gonna ball out and we get the number 8 pick yet again?

What were they supposed to get? Pls respond
How about Marvin Bagley? Kings have plenty of expiring contracts and picks to give along with a player who is actually decent. How about 2 unprotected picks minimum? You truly believe that only one team in the league wanted to trade for Porzingis and the best they could give was a trash player they couldn't give away 2 weeks ago, 2 expirings, and 2 future picks one protected. Okay company man.

Some Knicks fans seem to think being a true fan means supporting the ownership of this franchise and its decisions. That's the weirdest thinking to me. They've been wrong in every trade they have made for 20 years. Why do you have so much faith in them?

coach fitz is down with the cause aka the tank...he will bring jordan and matthews off the bench and preach young guys need to learn so they have to play... give them the kanter treatment but will play them limited minutes

So in theory signing Hardaway meant the knicks had to trade KP to get space for 2 Max FA and if they can't sign a marquee FA we then know that the trade was a dud......Plus the Mavs can still draft in the 1-5 range.

what makes you think bagley was available? also what makes you think there was other deals to be made besides the dallas one and was superior? coulda shoulda woulda is all that can be said about this trade... it goes both ways when making a blockbuster trade... the star player might not be jack so you get great value in your return or the star player is great and you get scrubs in return...KP didnt want to be here point blank and threatened to sign the QO so his value was diminished...

How about Marvin Bagley? Kings have plenty of expiring contracts and picks to give along with a player who is actually decent. How about 2 unprotected picks minimum? You truly believe that only one team in the league wanted to trade for Porzingis and the best they could give was a trash player they couldn't give away 2 weeks ago, 2 expirings, and 2 future picks one protected. Okay company man.

Some Knicks fans seem to think being a true fan means supporting the ownership of this franchise and its decisions. That's the weirdest thinking to me. They've been wrong in every trade they have made for 20 years. Why do you have so much faith in them?

Porzingis wouldn't resign with the Kings. Idk what's so hard to understand about this. Him and his brother being on some diva brat **** totally hinder what our return could be. It's comically similar to what Melo did when he was in Denver. "I won't sign an extension" is the new no trade clause. No team is gonna give away a haul with no promise that the player your trading for is gonna be around for the long term.

Was never a big fan of his, not bc he was an entitled diva who expected his unemployed no-experience brother to have some say in the org, but I didn’t like how he played. His style was soft, getting pushed to the perimeter and refusing to play the 5 bc he preferred to shoot jumpers over shorter players. When 6’3 Marcus Smart shut him down and bodied him, it was pretty embarrassing. If you guys remember when his name was being floated in trade rumors before the 2017 draft (to boston for the 3rd pick), I was all for it. I had also been wondering for years what kind of big can we get to do all the dirty work for him bc he doesn’t want to guard the other teams best big, and he doesn’t want to play inside.

I kind of wish we got more back in return, but it’s hard to trade someone coming off an ACL injury. I’m also a bit confused at the timing. From the Knicks perspective why did they have to do this now, before knowing what FAs were committing this Summer? They could’ve traded KP this summer to dump salaries after getting commits from FAs. And if they struck out this summer they could just let Lees deal wind off, suck another yr and trade KP for better assets (tho DSJ and 2 future firsts isn’t horrible). My only guess is:
1) They didn’t like him at 7’3 coming off the acl injury, 2) they’re fairly confident that at least someone will sign and found a way to clear space + get something back at the same time, 3) they think having 2 max slots is much more attractive to some pair of FAs, 4) they actually personally wanted him out of here

It’s probably a combination of these things, and I guess adding in his diva tendencies, his brothers desire to have a say w the FO, and them threatening to not sign a long term deal, they said let’s just move on.

It probably caught KP and his people off guard too, bc of the initial report that he will only sign a QO with Dallas. The only explanation is that it was an empty threat his brother/people came up with after they were caught off guard and had no say in where he was being traded. They tried using the only leverage they had for influence (kp and his bro probably wanted the pg/kawhi/ad trade rumor attention) and it made no difference bc dallas knows there’s no way a guy coming off acl surgery risks it all for UFA.

My only hope is that we don’t force anything w all the cap space we have. If we strike out, let’s suck another yr and use the cap space to get more picks/assets. Hope DSJ balls out too

Back
Top Bottom