Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

If Clev was able go get 2 second round picks for Rodney Hood, I'm certain we can get something more for Kanter, Jordan, or Matthew.

I respect players who meet with fans after the game for autographs and pictures. Kudos kanter.

still hope he rots on the bench until game 82

Last edited:
really hope the team makes moves to unload kanter this week at the very least. maybe mudiay too

Not only this but this dude is really out here deleting comments from Knicks fans on his posts

Sensitive *** ****boy man

Glad we shipped this burger outta town

**** him forever

It shouldn’t be bothering me but man this dude legit got me hot

Keep our name out of your mouth dumpster juice, you’re gone

Acting like such a female fr

9C7B7177-524A-4B0D-B639-19FFBD761204.png

Stay woke?
KP, you told Knicks management to their face you did not want to play here. What are you talking about?

I love what Knicks mgmt did and think we got a GREAT deal for a guy who cant stay on the court.

Thank you KP for the assist.

Arguably his greatest assist as a Knick came while he was injured.

KP knows more than we do...

Knicks front office havent done anything to give them the benefit of the doubt...

All i know we'll sign 2 free agents who arent worth the max the max

KD and KI aint coming to the knicks to save us.. they'll come to the knicks to save their own legacies.. as of right now neither of them has any real reason to come here

Knicks front office havent done anything to give them the benefit of the doubt...

KD and KI aint coming to the knicks to save us.. they'll come to the knicks to save their own legacies.. as of right now neither of them has any real reason to come here

bro i know you've been beaten down into submission by the ghosts of knicks past, but you gotta be a little more positive

This is the first time we had this much flexibility in terms of young assets, a top pick, and 2 max slots. Reminds me of the Celtics before they got KG and Ray.

Either way I cant help but laugh at our FA signings over the years....

1996: Chris Childs, Allan Houston
1998: Pete Myers
1999: Rick Brunson
2000: John Wallace
2001: Clarence Weatherspoon
2002: Michael Doleac
2003: Dikembe Mutumbo
2004: Jamison Brewer
2005: Jerome James, Matt Barnes
2006: Jared Jeffries
2008: Chris Duhon
2009: Gabe Pruit, Marcus Landry
2010: Amare Stoudemire, Mozgov, Roger Mason, Shawne Williams
2011: Mike Bibby
2012: Jason Kidd, Chris Copeland, Pablo Prigioni, Ronnie Brewer, Rasheed Wallace
2013: Metta World Peace, JR Smith, Jeremy Tyler, Beno Udrih
2014: Carmelo Anthony, Jason Smith, Langston Galloway
2015: Robin Lopez, Aaron Afflalo, Derrick Williams, KOQ, Lance Thomas
2016: Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee, Brandon Jennings, Kuzmingas
2017: THJ

Nah.

I think we can all agree that we've seen this type of stuff coming from KP. Personally, I wasn't sure he was going to regisn longterm, and was actually leaning more toward him probably not resigning.

Consider how Phil's tenure ended. That whole period of drama rubbed him the wrong way, and he held onto that. I don't think he was coming back, and if you wait beyond this season and call KPs bluff on taking the QO, you could just end up with 1 year of KP for about $4.5 million coming into his first free agency and his first big contract. He would have been damn near untradeable if we waiting long enough and KP isn't bull****ting.

I have no reason to believe the story went any other way.

The Knicks had already been shopping him (we know they've been throwing him in deals for picks, cap room and stars since we realized what an asset he was). Dallas clearly wanted him most because of the Dirk connection and the idea of pairing him with Luka and continuing their international legacy. Mark Cuban clearly overpaid because of the ideal situation of having KP and Luka both pan out and how well their games seem to fit one another.

KP has dinner with Dirk and Luka probably after the Knicks had lost to the Mavs last Wednesday, then we're told he and his brother call for a meeting with the front office. We know KP hasn't been all here for a while, so I don't think it's shocking to anyone that he asks to be moved. The front office has already had deep talks with Dallas clearly, and I'm sure Dirk was relaying the information on how close to a deal they were to KP if he wasn't getting it from our front office.

If KP has some information that disputes that or makes the Knicks look bad, he should share it. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut and appreciate how you finessed a trade out of NY to the team of your choice.

With that said, the cap room might be enough for me to let go of a 7'3 athlectic center coming off an ACL tear. That injury really isn't a joke, especially when you think about how he plays and how important pushing off and cutting is for him with that big frame. We got the cap room and a young lottery pick that has a ton of potential as a sparkplug and maybe even a scoring PG.

Then on top of all that we grabbed two picks. One unprotected and one top 10 protected. This wasn't a bad deal for us at all. That's the type of **** we used to trade away for an injured star who could never fully recover.:lol:

Feel much better about the trade after sleeping on it for the weekend.

I wish there was a way we could flip Knox, Frank or DSJ, Mudiay, both Dallas picks for AD.

If we can do w.e but somehow keep this years pick that would be nuts.

Still shocked the Pelicans declined an offer surrounding KP for AD. They coulda moved KP for w.e package Boston or LA is offering them imo.

This is the first time we had this much flexibility in terms of young assets, a top pick, and 2 max slots. Reminds me of the Celtics before they got KG and Ray.

Either way I cant help but laugh at our FA signings over the years....

1996: Chris Childs, Allan Houston
1998: Pete Myers
1999: Rick Brunson
2000: John Wallace
2001: Clarence Weatherspoon
2002: Michael Doleac
2003: Dikembe Mutumbo
2004: Jamison Brewer
2005: Jerome James, Matt Barnes
2006: Jared Jeffries
2008: Chris Duhon
2009: Gabe Pruit, Marcus Landry
2010: Amare Stoudemire, Mozgov, Roger Mason, Shawne Williams
2011: Mike Bibby
2012: Jason Kidd, Chris Copeland, Pablo Prigioni, Ronnie Brewer, Rasheed Wallace
2013: Metta World Peace, JR Smith, Jeremy Tyler, Beno Udrih
2014: Carmelo Anthony, Jason Smith, Langston Galloway
2015: Robin Lopez, Aaron Afflalo, Derrick Williams, KOQ, Lance Thomas
2016: Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee, Brandon Jennings, Kuzmingas
2017: THJ

SMFH at 2015

This Free agency period will be a real test to see if Dolan is truly out of basketball ops and if the front office is sticking to their word. if we strike out with the 3 true superstars we should sign players to deals similar to Jabari's in Chicago or pick up DJs deal to mentor Mitch for another year.

Back
Top Bottom