Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

They interviewed like 20 guys and they hired Fitz out of all of them SMH. Coulda hired Bud but they didnt

I dont know fellas , but if we strike out on the #1 pick, and we can get Kyrie and KD, I would ship our pick for another allstar. Whether it be AD or someone that can compliment KI and KD.

judging Fiz off this season with this roster is wild.

This season was a wash in September. You don’t evaluate coaches based off seasons like this one.

Knick fans always getting antsy.
I agree mostly, but watching a stagnant offense filled with iso ball is alarming. Didn’t see that in a Brooklyn when they had a pathetic roster (and still do really).

Cant have it both ways. If Fiz showed some coaching skills and had the team winning some games then people would be upset at that. With that said I'm not feeling somethings from Fiz I see but I've been "let's go NY" since the beginning knowing were a lottery team the whole time. Hopefully we can see who Fiz really is next year :nerd:

obviously whats done is done... fitz is the coach and the roster is terrible... but thats not an excuse for all the losing and bad coaching... he doesnt call any plays and just expects the players to play like its a pickup game... the bad rotations dont help either... at the same time firing him doesnt make sense cant be having a new coach every other year... just saying fitz dont know what hes doing out there regardless if you have kyrie and KD next year

My only problem with Fiz, he wants everyone to shot the ball. Theres absolutely no sense to his offense. In addition, at least make the players play d.

Is like he puts

DSJr
Frank
Knox
Vonleh
DJ

And he tells then, you guys need to beaggressive, I want to see 25 shots from each one of you.

But whatever.

You put all these young dudes with no real direction in a strict system, it isn’t going to help. I think right now, Fiz is more interested in building confidence and sorting out the mess of a roster we have.

Y’all want strict rotations and play calls on a team that plays Emmanuel Mudiay 30 mpg? We’re the Grizzlies a lossey goosey team who didn’t play D? Your personnel determines 70% of what you can do as a coach.

If this season is a wash and you need to figure out what it is that you have before getting rid of the weak links next year, you don’t lock all these 20 somethings into a strict system that constricts what you can see out of them.

This season is a wash. I’m not sure what y’all want to see out of Fiz. I think he’s proven he can run a good team.

You put all these young dudes with no real direction in a strict system, it isn’t going to help. I think right now, Fiz is more interested in building confidence and sorting out the mess of a roster we have.

Y’all want strict rotations and play calls on a team that plays Emmanuel Mudiay 30 mpg? We’re the Grizzlies a lossey goosey team who didn’t play D? Your personnel determines 70% of what you can do as a coach.

If this season is a wash and you need to figure out what it is that you have before getting rid of the weak links next year, you don’t lock all these 20 somethings into a strict system that constricts what you can see out of them.

This season is a wash. I’m not sure what y’all want to see out of Fiz. I think he’s proven he can run a good team.
I agree you cant lock these kids into strick systems; but you need to put them into a system and allow then to make errors and fine tune them.

There's no value in knowing what you have when they are just playing pickup ball. Allow a guard to run your system and see if they make sound judgments and can run the system.

Samething with defensive schemes. Run a few, see if they can adjust and make the rotations needed. See how they react to busted plays etc.

For me in order to know what you have, you need to put them in a system that will be implement and played.

Doeamt have to be strick and run them to the ground, but the concept and structure needs to be in place.

I agree you cant lock these kids into strick systems; but you need to put them into a system and allow then to make errors and fine tune them.

There's no value in knowing what you have when they are just playing pickup ball. Allow a guard to run your system and see if they make sound judgments and can run the system.

Samething with defensive schemes. Run a few, see if they can adjust and make the rotations needed. See how they react to busted plays etc.

For me in order to know what you have, you need to put them in a system that will be implement and played.

Doeamt have to be strick and run them to the ground, but the concept and structure needs to be in place.

Such a great post

:emoji_eyes:
3EACF215-E5F2-45DC-A94A-57352935DE47.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom