Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

This game was the perfect way to end my weekend. All the young guns was eatin! The potential of these players combined is incredibly high...especially if Frank figures it out. Mitch is our best rookie, and he was drafted last. Unreal. Trier was undrafted. Unreal. Knox is the youngest in the league and he's gonna be a problem. And I believe DSJR can be our point guard of the future. The fact that we are going to get a top pick as well as have cap space for 2 max spots...as an ADDITION to these players we already have, is absolutely INSANE. The future is looking real bright and that's putting it lightly. Just gotta hope things go right from here on out...

For you guys talking about tipping a few pages back, We don't tip at all here in England. Always find it crazy when I come to the US and have to start adding 15-20% on everything :lol:

For you guys talking about tipping a few pages back, We don't tip at all here in England. Always find it crazy when I come to the US and have to start adding 15-20% on everything :lol:

Bc waiters/servers make $2.13/hr here. The basis behind it is to motivate them to give great service to earn their pay essentially.

Locals might not, but you guys also dont turn down tips when given.

Anyways, if DSJ would of have flush that dunk, he would of have been on film for the rest of humanity. Dang!

Bc waiters/servers make $2.13/hr here. The basis behind it is to motivate them to give great service to earn their pay essentially.

Here we have a minimum wage, so no company can pay any less than around £6.50 p/h (so about 8 dollars p/h). I find it crazy that you guys can allow companies to pay that little, regardless of how much they can make back in tips.

Here we have a minimum wage, so no company can pay any less than around £6.50 p/h (so about 8 dollars p/h). I find it crazy that you guys can allow companies to pay that little, regardless of how much they can make back in tips.

we have a minimum wage as well. even though waiters/servers are technically hourly employees, the minimum wage does not apply to them. i don't know if that is for all cities/states though, bc i know labor laws can vary. however, i fully support the tipping system here. i was a server back in college and i appreciate the fact that you have to give great service in order to be compensated as such. realistically, an establishment knows that people will do the bare minimum if they can get by. you want repeat customers, so other than the food, they want you to have a great experience. that means being attentive, personable, etc. image going to a restaurant and paying $20 a plate for your server to ask "what do you want?", never refill your drinks, never comes back with more napkins or whatever, and you just see them standing around on their phone. that's literally what would happen if they decided to give servers/waiters a minimum of like $10/hr. hell, even $8/hr and you'd get that. most retail stores only pay $8.50/hr and we all know what it feels like to be in FTL and have to bring the shoe to someone to get your size.

The mark of a great player is that they make their teammates better. While DS Jr is not a “great” player yet. The potential is clearly there. His ball handling and penetration ability has created the spacing to bring Dotson to life, he’s making the game much easier for Mitch, the few minutes he’s been on the floor with Kornet has been productive, Knox is being more consistently aggressive and he even woke Pookie up from the dead...setting him up with some wide open shots.

The play where he stripped Lamarcus and hit the reverse layup was the play of the game. We were losing the lead and he came off the bench and gave us a spark with great defense and high percentage transition offense. Also the steal and throwing it off the glass to Mitch for the highlight alley, shows exactly who he is as a player. A menace to opponents passing lanes and an unselfish team player.

This is why I was so irked about y’all slandering him and why I was rooting for him so vocally. People have these stupid stereotypes of “athletic” Black American athletes that are a total disservice to who these guys really are. People were trying to paint this kid as a toxic volume scorer, who’s selfish and plays no defense when he’s been nothing but the opposite. He has the young guys gelling & having fun, he’s gonna be a steals leader one day soon and he’s always looking to set up a teammate before taking his own shot. And he hasn't even played 2 whole seasons yet.

I’m glad he’s getting a chance to shine in MSG and disprove those unfair stereotypes in orange and blue.

Last edited:
R Y C

This should be the starters + Vonleh/Kornet depending on matchups, for the rest of the season.

I like Mudiay off the bench with Frank and Trier.

Hopefully we can keep a majority of these guys together going forward the next couple years.

it's been an awful season, but a good bonding & growth opportunity for these young players. really would not like to see them broken up for anthony davis' injured ***. there's a lot of promise here. coupled with some top tier players, we got a team. we'll have one soon

Just be patient fellas. We’ll stick to the plan & the future is bright man

Back
Top Bottom