Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

He can come off the bench for an easy 12-15ppg. 6th or even 7th man. No more, no less. Don’t expect 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Even Vinsanity is still playing.
He couldn’t get an easy 12-15 on Houston, just the struggle version. And those shots aren’t coming easier here. Let the man live his retired life.

If so KD must love asterisk, because he's trying to bring a championship to *New York.

KD and Kyrie really are miserable right now though for whatever reason. Dudes are on stacked teams that could give them everything they want but still not enough.

He couldn’t get an easy 12-15 on Houston, just the struggle version. And those shots aren’t coming easier here. Let the man live his retired life.

Not sure if serious, considering he played 10 games and wasn’t even given the chance to get comfortable. He also had 22+ points in 3 of those games and was actually efficient in those outings. James was also shooting in the low 40% in his first 10 games so....

I mean Melo didn’t move the needle for OKC and Houston. He actually looked pretty damn bad on most nights. Idk what y’all expect from him at this point. The idea of him being a very good player or atleast a respectable shooter sounds good, but in reality it just isn’t.

Nah, Melo can still contribute in the right situation. Don’t be ridiculous.

Same with Iverson. Him not playing has more to do with stubbornness of him not being able to adjust his game as much as people would like, but people talking like he’s washed is wild. One thing to be washed, another to not acknowledge the change in his body and in the game.

That’s not to say I want Melo back. I supposed id take him if he were a 3rd or 4th option off the bench if he were willing to take a real backseat and accept that veteran role.

Not sure if serious, considering he played 10 games and wasn’t even given the chance to get comfortable. He also had 22+ points in 3 of those games and was actually efficient in those outings. James was also shooting in the low 40% in his first 10 games so....
I’m dead serious. He shot 40% and 32% from 3, how was he efficient?? He was also atrocious at everything other than shooting, like defense and basic stuff like setting screens. There’s a reason he was cut from the team.

You really compared him to LeBron.

Being realistic about the play of someone who’s been cut from two consecutive teams is not “hate”. Melo doesn’t shoot well anymore and he has literally nothing else to offer.

Nah, Melo can still contribute in the right situation. Don’t be ridiculous.

Same with Iverson. Him not playing has more to do with stubbornness of him not being able to adjust his game as much as people would like, but people talking like he’s washed is wild. One thing to be washed, another to not acknowledge the change in his body and in the game.

That’s not to say I want Melo back. I supposed id take him if he were a 3rd or 4th option off the bench if he were willing to take a real backseat and accept that veteran role.

If Melo wasn't hard headed, his agent should have called the Warriors, they had an injury plagued season; would have bolstered their bench with a chance for his ring.

I’m dead serious. He shot 40% and 32% from 3, how was he efficient?? He was also atrocious at everything other than shooting, like defense and basic stuff like setting screens. There’s a reason he was cut from the team.

You really compared him to LeBron.

Being realistic about the play of someone who’s been cut from two consecutive teams is not “hate”. Melo doesn’t shoot well anymore and he has literally nothing else to offer.

James Harden bro, not Lebron

Didn't Harden and CP miss a chunk of those 10 games? Also aside from Capela, everyone fg% was low 40s or lower.

Not saying Melo would've added more or not, but everyone being rusty at the start of the season, he didn't even get the chance, that was wack.

Didn't Harden and CP miss a chunk of those 10 games? Also aside from Capela, everyone fg% was low 40s or lower.

Not saying Melo would've added more or not, but everyone being rusty at the start of the season, he didn't even get the chance, that was wack.

That was my point. 10 games is a small sample size and no one was efficient. Would’ve been a different story if he actually was the sole reason that they struggled.

At this point I don’t think It’s possible for this guy to play poorly enough for you guys to stop making excuses for him. It’s not even worth talking the facts anymore.

He got a wealth of open shots on both Houston and OKC, you pretty much couldn’t ask for a better situation in terms of getting open shots without too much responsibility. And he couldn’t hit them. He was terrible at everything else on the basketball court. So what makes you think he’s going to be valuable on the Knicks?

Melo is done. Is he better than a good portion of NBA players currently under contract right now? Sure but those players don't bring the "Melo drama" with them. No one is gonna ask you why Lance Thomas has 6 DNP's in a row but they'll damn sure ask you that about Melo even if you have two or more superstars on your team.

Melo is more washed than Dirk, but atleast Dirk knows he’s washed.

What were the excuses for him during the OKC season? In HOU he had G league players and non guaranteed contracts playing better than him and in front of him in the rotation, that’s when you know it’s time to hang it up. You would think his skill set would make him last in the league for a while, but he just bricks everything and still can’t buy in. He’s just not as good anymore. Once his athleticism was gone, so was his shot making abilities for some odd reason.

The only reason to have Melo return is sentimentality. I understand this belief that it would be great for Melo to be on the Knicks when they are (hopefully) a winning franchise. However, winning never meant anything to Melo. He chased the money and is wealthy for it.

I know Melo washed when he got cut by the Rockets. Dantoni hates him, but knows how valuable it would have been to have another scorer when it comes to playing GS. I'm good on Melo. Give those minutes to a young buck and let them continue to develop. Would only welcome Melo if he wants to become a veteran presence and not complain when he does not get minutes.

I mean Melo didn’t move the needle for OKC and Houston. He actually looked pretty damn bad on most nights. Idk what y’all expect from him at this point. The idea of him being a very good player or atleast a respectable shooter sounds good, but in reality it just isn’t.
Melo didn’t look bad he just looked out of place.. obviously you’re watching him with biased lens because he didn’t have Houston playing horrible, nor did he shooting 17-42 last year against the Utah Jazz...

Back
Top Bottom