Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Bill Simmons deadass trying to clown us on the SAS show. I don't think this idiot knows all of our deals are two year contracts

Clowning the Knicks is just the cool thing to do.

Wonder how our offseason would be viewed if a team the media liked (Nets, Jazz, Pacers) made the same moves.

I kind of said this though....

There were several teams that needed to get rid of contracts... if we could of have taken them of their hands with 1st rounders attached, why didn't we.

Obviously I wouldn't have mind Gordon/Tucker, but **** giving a 1st rounder to them. Now they ******.

Maybe we can do something mid season for those playoff teams ... but we are going to he one so I dont know.

Clowning the Knicks is just the cool thing to do.

Wonder how our offseason would be viewed if a team the media liked (Nets, Jazz, Pacers) made the same moves.

People really thirsty for the same old Knicks

Out here pulling muscles with all this reaching :lol:

How these clowns get paid for these kindergarten hot takes? :rofl:

Taking back bad contracts for 1s would’ve been the best idea. We can prob still do that at the deadline.
I keep reading this, but what is the length and salary on these ‘bad’ contracts? If they’re longer than a year or two I don’t think it’s really worth it, honestly.

I get that a lot of other teams did this to benefit off teams trying frantically to clear space at the last minute, but I don’t know if a mid to late first rounder is worth tying up cap room and eating into our flexibility over the next 2+ years.

I keep reading this, but what is the length and salary on these ‘bad’ contracts? If they’re longer than a year or two I don’t think it’s really worth it, honestly.

I get that a lot of other teams did this to benefit off teams trying frantically to clear space at the last minute, but I don’t know if a mid to late first rounder is worth tying up cap room and eating into our flexibility over the next 2+ years.
There were great contacts out there for the taking.

Iggy was 1 year 17.5 and GSW also gave up a 1st rounder.

I'd rather sign whoever we signed then potentially trade them in January than use a good chuck of our cap space for a protected 1st only to buy out Iguodala.

Year or two and I would’ve hopped on for a first rounder. Any more than that is a hard pass. I’m not mad at what we did but more assets the better. Hopefully we can parlay some of this luck.

I'd rather sign whoever we signed then potentially trade them in January than use a good chuck of our cap space for a protected 1st only to buy out Iguodala.
So you really think we would of have bought out iggy??? Great defense great teammates one year left and someone that a contending team would def have reached out us???

Dont get me wrong, I'm not mad at the signings since they are all 1 year with team option for 2nd ... but iggy is better than ...

Well whatever ....

Only way to build is by acquiring draft pick protected (top 5) first round or not. Facts

So you really think we would of have bought out iggy??? Great defense great teammates one year left and someone that a contending team would def have reached out us???

Dont get me wrong, I'm not mad at the signings since they are all 1 year with team option for 2nd ... but iggy is better than ...

Well whatever ....

Only way to build is by acquiring draft pick protected (top 5) first round or not. Facts
He doesn't wanna come here. After what he said he wouldn't have considered it lmao.

Guys we have the most first round picks in the next few years of any team. I think we'll be at least ok. If we get lucky and draft a couple all stars then our future is set don't worry. KD and Lebron are gonna be on their way out of the league soon due to age/injuries LOL.

Back
Top Bottom