Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Anyone in here saying we should trade for Westbrook:

1. You understand nothing about winning basketball in 2019.
2. You actively want this franchise to fail.

I swear half the posters in here are Dolan’s family because they have the same mentality.

In no order...
Lakers
Rockets
Blazers
Jazz
Clippers
Nuggets
Spurs
Warriors

Looks like Mavs will be fighting for that 8 seed every year. I expect them to sneak in here and there depending on injuries and circumstances around the league. West is crazy stacked though.

RJ looked a year away from being a contributor. Which is fine because he's 19. I really hope that Knox can carry over the leap he showed to the regular season. That's what we badly need.

**** KP he didn't want to be here!
**** KD he didn't want to be here!
**** Kyrie he didn't want to be here!
**** LeBron he didn't want to be here!
**** Kawhi he didn't want to be here!
**** DWade he didn't want to be here!
**** Oakley he betrayed us!

It's them that's the problem! Our organization is full of brilliant minds.

5j4hk6j45h.png

These guys are divas. We need real Knicks players who want to be here, like Elfrid Payton.

Oh and let's say a prayer for Melo. He wanted to be here. Yes it was because he didn't give a **** about winning or improving his game and was happy collecting a paycheck and getting fat while living in NYC, but he wanted to be here.

See fellas

Do y'all now agree with me that we shouldn't force feed our way through free agency and just keep building through draft?

It's not our time just yet unfortunately
I mean "our time" is a matter of perspective.

Ain't no superstar player FA from NY that were lifelong Knicks fans. None that wanted that NY limelight.

To me I just see a lot of the same. Lakers FO manipulating to get some of the best players. Kiwi basically doing what LeBron did when he went to Miami.

Last edited:
We're in a fine position to start over again (this is not sarcasm). We really need RJ and Knox to work out. Be bad again. Get more lotto picks. It's not the most fun path but it's our path forward and you can build a winner that way. This time has to be different, when we do have young players that work out we need to retain them.

We should have 1 or 2 more good shots at the #1 pick and we can aim to do what Philly or OKC did, which is really build through the draft and find stars while tanking/developing.

RJ gonna be the real deal. 18+ points a game coming...

He’s very good at drawing contact.

Peep Trae Young’s recent twitter posts.

We're in a fine position to start over again (this is not sarcasm). We really need RJ and Knox to work out. Be bad again. Get more lotto picks. It's not the most fun path but it's our path forward and you can build a winner that way. This time has to be different, when we do have young players that work out we need to retain them.

We should have 1 or 2 more good shots at the #1 pick and we can aim to do what Philly or OKC did, which is really build through the draft and find stars while tanking/developing.

Exactly. People forget that these superstars were drafted once. Kawahi didn’t become the player he is until his 5th season. Who knows what Knox, RJ, and Mitch could turn into. Hell, even DSJR and Trier. Randle has improved every year and is still only 24. Like I said before, this isn’t the same losers we had like washed TMac and Steve Francis. We have SUPER young guys and draft picks. There’s a legitimate plan now.

Exactly. People forget that these superstars were drafted once. Kawahi didn’t become the player he is until his 5th season. Who knows what Knox, RJ, and Mitch could turn into. Hell, even DSJR and Trier. Randle has improved every year and is still only 24. Like I said before, this isn’t the same losers we had like washed TMac and Steve Francis. We have SUPER young guys and draft picks. There’s a legitimate plan now.
Frank, Knox, and Barrett were all drafted under 20. They're teenagers. It will take time. I would much rather take some swings for the fences on potential than go with low ceiling solid picks like Charlotte always does.

Back
Top Bottom