Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

At this exact moment, we are in a better spot than the Hornets. The Wizards have Beal to trade so we'll see what they get from that. Magic I see as in a similar position to us, but I think I would take the Knicks. Over the last two decades obviously the Wizards and Magic have had more success than we have, unfortunately. So I can't necessarily agree but I like where we are at right now in terms of a foundation for building on.

Define success though? For me, it’s ECF at least or bust. Neither of those teams have even smelled that. Magic did with Dwight but that seems like decades ago. A bunch of first round exits isn’t success imo.

I’d def take a break if Westbrook ever got to this team :lol:

Hate his game more than anyone else in league history

Just give Melo the max pls

Stop the Westbrook talk. I love watching the guy play and how toxic he is. But not when it comes to playing for the Knicks.

RJ looked exactly like Knox did after the THJR trade. Suspect handling, missing the open man, and would drive into the paint and not know what to do. Did anyone see those 2 atrocious free throws??? Not worried. He looked nervous.

Mitch still looks like he’s going to be a foul magnet. But he looks stronger, looks great.

Knox looks like he knows his new role. Knox is a third option. If he gets his defense up he’ll have a great career.

Trier is possibly our best scorer next to Randle. We’ll argue if he should start or not all year.

In other words.....

It’s lit. RJ getting these kind of reps is exactly what he needs. Bringing in another star will ruin his progression.

I just made that up
giphy-5.gif

all westbrook cares about is his stats... he shows no signs of improving his game... the guy been in the league for mad long and still cant shoot... no thanks

slime rawstein slime rawstein was think the same thing about RJ being this years Knox. I can live with that because I like the aggression and the fact that missing a couple shots didn’t deter him from shooting. It will all come together for them, they just need to get comfortable with each other and playing in the league.

Trier is def going to be our Lou Will.

slime rawstein slime rawstein was think the same thing about RJ being this years Knox. I can live with that because I like the aggression and the fact that missing a couple shots didn’t deter him from shooting. It will all come together for them, they just need to get comfortable with each other and playing in the league.

Rather have RJ continue to be agressive even if his shot isn’t falling over passing off at half court

We just gotta keep sons confidence high. The NY media wasn’t very friendly with Knox and you could tell it effected his game.

Superstar players in the modern NBA have tremendous power. Contracts don't really matter. Leonard forced his way out of San Antonio with a year remaining on his deal. Anthony Davis forced his way out of New Orleans with a year and a half left. George forced his way out of Indiana with a year left. Jimmy Butler forced his way out of Minnesota with a year left. Kyrie Irving forced his way out of Cleveland with two years left.

You don't have to trade a player once he asks to be moved. But usually you end up wishing you did, as the unhappy superstar and corresponding chaos these situations create thwart any chance at team building.

KP aint no superstar and is much younger than all these guys. But this was the thinking of our FO.

In hindsight, I'm sure the packages would've been much better if he wasnt coming off an ACL tear or if we werent all in on the FA route.

I think if KP never had that ACL tear he’d still be a Knick. It was the perfect storm of events that happened after that tear.

Man, I know most will say now is where we should wait to see real improvement from him but I didn't see any change in Knox game from what I saw last night.

Same ol ****, plow in to the lane with no first step and just flail his hands up.

But I'll wait and see. Got another season of plenty playing time against pros. Hopefully Fiz helps.

Last edited:
my takeaways from this summer is that first off the brand name **** is dead

no one cares about the historic knicks, msg the mecca, etc

you have to have a good front office with credibility, a solid coach and an actual plan to put a title team together

and these guys want to play with other stars like them. if you're trying to get 1 guy, you better have a plan to get the 2nd too

Even though we had no chance of Kawhi, Knicks brass should have meet up with him (signed bunch one year guys with option for year 2, most we could have lived without) Kawhi wanted to play with KD but KD to follow Kyrie, would we given up the picks and or farm for PG? LA was definitely a factor but what if? Kawhi definitely wanted to stick it to Bron

Back
Top Bottom