OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

Does the size of the bubble make it less prone to pop? If that was the case I understand the change. Anything other than that though I can't support. I'm all for slight improvements on retro sneakers. For example changing the type of paint used to prevent cracking.
Changes in retros are usually caused by not having the same supplier for materials. For example, Nike lost their durabuck supplier back in 2000 which is why they haven't been able to create a good retro that uses durabuck. It's just not the same material. 

Changes in retros are usually caused by not having the same supplier for materials. For example, Nike lost their durabuck supplier back in 2000 which is why they haven't been able to create a good retro that uses durabuck. It's just not the same material. 

Noted. I was just thinking earlier today how sick it would be for Nike to make a signature sneaker out of durabuck in 2015. Take it back to a 90s design with the tech of 2015 under the hood.

Yet the jordan dmp 6 from 2006 had the exact same upper as the 2000 infrareds. Its all about profits, We're talking Nike here ,one of the worlds largest companies. They could create the materials themselves if they so damb wanted to.

changing what gas is in them shouldn't matter, that's a cop out reason at best. they still have no legit reason not to make them physically as big as they used to be, its a combo of being cheap and just not caring.
I agree!

Does the size of the bubble make it less prone to pop? If that was the case I understand the change. Anything other than that though I can't support. I'm all for slight improvements on retro sneakers. For example changing the type of paint used to prevent cracking.

some shoes weren't painted back in the day, if it was polyurethane the midsole was dyed that color. now they aren't doing that and just painting it.

wondered about that. also they don't even use the same factories, shoes used to be made in korea, veitnam, taiwan, indonesia, etc and now its like all china, so the machines and expertise is completely different.

Idk if I wanna pay 170 for nostalgia man.

But here so dope ughghhhh

I have the OG's they released. These look pretty similar.

Not sure if it's worth it for pSI on the bottom and a box.

On the fence.

Id love for you to tell all them
Fools in the jordan brand forums this who swear the durabuck used is the same as the ogs. Nothing compares to that og buttery rubbery durabuck

Last edited:
You guys dont think these will sell out fast?

Id love for them to last long enough for exclusions to be lifted but that most likely wont happen due to resellers

You guys dont think these will sell out fast?

Id love for them to last long enough for exclusions to be lifted but that most likely wont happen due to resellers

I'm looking at the release of the am 90 infra reds. They sold out in minutes because of resellers , so I think we can expect the same on the major sites

these wont last to go on sale if thats what your asking... the same people who said the air max 90 infrareds would go on sale and not sell out ended up missing out because they sold out on day 1 in most places and at the end of the week everywhere else...

Stock all depends on your demographic. Here in Charleston we still have the infrared 90s sitting at a few stores. I'm not buying these for a damn PSI and box gimmick, who even looks at the bottom of a shoe after the first wear? If materials are better than the 2013 OG release, then I might grab a pair.

My 01 retros are done and my EM pair is also on the way out. Now debating which pair to wear next, patches or remasters?........

Edit - even though I never used them, would have been dope throwback if they came with the heel cushions.

Last edited:
Man its disgusting over here for the max 90 infrareds not a damn shoe was left in sight after a week mind you i live in a radius of 4 malls that consist of 26 shoe stores altogether not including two sports authorities and two richards

My 01 retros are done and my EM pair is also on the way out. Now debating which pair to wear next, patches or remasters?........

Edit - even though I never used them, would have been dope throwback if they came with the heel cushions.

Do you mean arch supports?

I stopped by Extra Butter in the LES on Friday and they had a pair out, I was satisfied with them, definitely going to cop. I sold my 2004 pair like two years back and been waiting to wear them with the lightning jacket Nike made for them a couple years back, joint been in the closet just sitting.

Last edited:
Havent tried. I normally leave them in the sun for 5 mins to warm up or quick hair dryer or warm them in my utility sink in warm water.
becareful with heating shoes and drying them, especially for older shoes.  the glue will dissipate and you will speed up the breakdown in bond.

i would try the wipes. especially with alot of the automotive sprays/etc.   just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom