OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

10 years ago before the AM95 became popular in the netherlands, france, germany and other EU countries the price difference between 90s and 95s was only 20-25 euro, 90s were 140-145 euro and 95s were 160-165 euro but after the 20th anniversary AM Day campaign from the 95s in 2015 the popularity from the 95s starting to increase heavily, nike noticed the higher demand and immediately raised the price from 160 to 170 euro later the PRM and LX models starting to show up and those starting to cost 175-180 euro, at the current moment 95s are probably the second most popular retro Air Max here in the EU after the 97s, surpassing the AM1s and the 90s, popularity from the 90s decreased heavily the last few years and the silhouette went from the second place to the sixth place when it comes to popularity, i agree with you that the 2020 AM3 radiant reds is a better sneaker from a sneaker collectors perspective compared to the neons, cuz its recrafted and the shade of red is close to the OG etc, but you need to understand that the demand in general for the neon 95s in the EU and Asia is way larger than the 90s and that the majority of the buyers that buys a pair of neons have probably no affinity with the sneakergame or collecting sneakers so they wont care or see that the AM3 is the better sneaker from the 2, the only thing what counts for them is that they want the hottest retro Air Max on the current market and that are the neon 95s right now

We shouldn't generalize the EU as European nations had MASSIVELY DIFFERENT PREFERENCES.

I was born in 1980 in Paris and i lived trough all those air maxes crazes. Paris is Paris. London is London. Munich is Munich. More than countries, cities within them had different preferences.

Believe it or not, the 95's NEVER were the most popular air max in France. The Big Windows remained by far the most iconic air max until the TN's were released and adopted by the projects as their go to pair of kicks.

In fact, before the BW, air maxes were popular but not like that. They were cool shoes but no model had a real impact and got embraced universally by an entire generation. I remember Pumps being MUCH MORE coveted in the early 90's as any pair of Air Max. When Barckleys came out everyone wanted them. No one was lining up for a pair of Air Max 90's i can tell you that.

95's ruled Liverpool in particular and England / Netherlands as a general rule. They were fire in France too but never reached the status of a generational cultural icon like the BW's and TN's.

those are places for posh peeps lol
he should've check out saint denis 93 thats the real deal

Yeah. But he should have to be careful with his fire kicks. Otherwise he might have been stripped out of them! :D

Anyways, indeed, 93 department and others near it are the focus of street culture. Walking in rich neighborhoods of Paris will not tell you much about it. Specially 6 years ago before the explosion of Sneaker culture in luxury brands.

In fact, before the BW, air maxes were popular but not like that. They were cool shoes but no model had a real impact and got embraced universally by an entire generation. I remember Pumps being MUCH MORE coveted in the early 90's as any pair of Air Max. When Barckleys came out everyone wanted them. No one was lining up for a pair of Air Max 90's i can tell you that.
im referring to retros not OGs from the 90s, in the netherlands the BWs was also huge back in the 90s but that changed with the release from the am90 retros in 2001, around 2010 the am90s have surpassed the BWs in popularity, the demand for BW started to decline heavily till the point that nike wont even make them anymore

Last edited:
Depends MASSIVELY where you hanged out in Paris.

If you were studying chances are you were near the 1/4/5/6 neighborhoods of Paris where most universities are located.

I don't need to tell you how exclusive this are is. In fact, most of inner Paris isn't actually "sneaker head" territory pr say even if, indeed, things have changed and kicks have slowly made their way into luxury and high fashion.

But as soon as you leave Paris and get to the periphery.... You quickly know what's up. There are massive projects in towns around Paris and street culture becomes dominant. Stan Smiths are NOT THE THING there. Be sure of that lol.

By then you would have been convinced that, indeed, Paris is a sneaker city. Air Maxes are historically notorious just like in most EU capitals. Big Windows were the most famous of them all. Then TN's. 95's had their run too but aren't as popular as the 2 previous models.

Today Jordans climbed up the ranks but they weren't as popular back in the day. In fact, believe it or not, as a kid growing near Paris, Barckleys (Had the Air Force Max 93 in the suns CW and the Air Force 180 lowy in the black-blue-red CW) were the most coveted kicks of them all for some reason. Jordan's weren't as popular. Plus, they were impossible to get anyways.

You're on point in the availability of jordans.

I was about to say something too about paname, but you stepped in, so I agree as well.

I lived in the 15eme right on the limits, Porte de Versailles and went to Paris II, which is more like the 6eme so yeah, another point on you.

But even then, teens were teens, and even with the whole the snekearheads of paname the culture was small as a whole, nowadays, well last time I was in Paris was almost a year ago (blame covid), it seems that everything has changed.

Curious as to those towns you're referring to, would like to visit next time I'm in Europe!

Curious as to those towns you're referring to, would like to visit next time I'm in Europe!
those places are no go areas, if you dont know anyone there you should better stay away from those places because you might get robbed from your stuff if you walking there all alone by yourself

Received my pairs from SNKRS and GOAT. Double up was a must. These are my favorite air maxes of all time. There are noticeable differences especially the gradient which is the most obvious. It is nice to have a fresh pair to go with my 2008 pair that I copped that same year of 2008. I went a half-size up this time due to the fit of 2008's being a bit sung. My 2008's are still in excellent condition.

20201229_161031.jpg

2008 vs. 2020...
20201229_160717.jpg

20201229_160757.jpg

20201229_160829.jpg

20201229_160854.jpg

20201229_160626.jpg

Received my pairs from SNKRS and GOAT. Double up was a must. These are my favorite air maxes of all time. There are noticeable differences especially the gradient which is the most obvious. It is nice to have a fresh pair to go with my 2008 pair that I copped that same year of 2008. I went a half-size up this time due to the fit of 2008's being a bit sung. My 2008's are still in excellent condition.

20201229_161031.jpg

2008 vs. 2020...
View attachment 2721294
20201229_160757.jpg

20201229_160829.jpg

20201229_160854.jpg

20201229_160626.jpg
2008 look so much better. Wish they were closer to the 08 pairs. But nike will be nike.

those places are no go areas, if you dont know anyone there you should better stay away from those places because you might get robbed from your stuff if you walking there all alone by yourself

my dude where do you think I was raised in haha

Funny how you jump into half assessed conclusions ... but do you, that's so french :lol:

color wise might not be the best retro with the black toebox
but the shape from the 08s is deff better than the 20s imo

I mean maybe slightly. 08s were my first pair of neons. The color was black instead of grey, the sock liner was that scratchy material, and they were already passed the stage of 95s being comfortable and having big air bags. That was not a great retro by any means.

There are no no-go-areas in Europe. Compared to other continents, it is very safe here. Criminals are everywhere, and so are their neighborhoods. But the state is generally strong here, including the police. I know ... rappers like to tell different things :smile:

In Germany, Air Maxs have always been the preferred shoe for youth gangs. Especially the Air Max 97, Air Max TN and later all kinds of Shox. In addition Lacoste or Carlo Colucci sweaters, Diesel pants - that was the look of the petty criminals in the 90s and 2000s.

Air Max 95 didn't play a big role.

In the meantime, however, everything has changed so that hipsters also wear these kinds of clothes. But these shoes are still popular with stress makers and criminals. Who else has the money to buy such expensive clothes as a teenager hm :wink:

There are no no-go-areas in Europe. Compared to other continents, it is very safe here. Criminals are everywhere, and so are their neighborhoods. But the state is generally strong here, including the police.

yeah i see that the pigs are very strong thats why they got chased away by the local gang members :lol: and you clearly have never been to saint denis before, that place makes berlin kreuzberg looks like a joke

Back
Top Bottom