OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

Well, different or not, I still want them
ohwell.gif
but they up on PYS if it hasnt been said already

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Originally Posted by pay jape

i think some of yalls sneaker head elitism gives you a skewed view on things. yes they arent the same as the og slates.
but this shoe looks good. leave it at that.
take a step back and see that its just a sneaker. if it looks good (and this is a good looking shoe) ...buy it wear it. simple as that.

Wait, this is a sneaker forum.. right?? The shoe looks good but it isn't a new shoe. Don't retro a classic colorway and decide to give it a twist. People on the forum are critics because there are classic colorways that made the sneaker what they are. No different from how the black/red 6s or black/red 12s were changed from the original version. Can't blame people for wanting classics back in true form.

Exactly.  If you're gonna retro a classic colorway, feel free to do it the right way.  I mean, isn't that WHY they're considered a classic in the first place?!  Why do an almost right retro?  Little details make a huge difference on some shoes, and in my opinion, this is one of them.  I don't expect every single detail to be exact on any retro--it just doesn't happen like that.  But getting the colors and color placement correct CAN happen without too much effort.  Yeah, they're close and they look decent.  But for me they're just off and pretty much a nice swing, but a miss.  And there is nothing elitist about that, in my opinion.  It's called calling a spade a spade.   
Ima take the words from Fam member Briannnnnnnn.... I cant say it any better...

Originally Posted by briannnnn

THAT is the precise attitude that justifies so many low quality Jordan and Nike releases (mainly Jordans).  They know they can put out a poor-quality product that looks NOTHING like it is supposed to but the sheep appreciate the shoe fully anyway, even with a price that could be $25 higher than the original 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Don't forget the fact the air unit isn't green on the 2010 Slates.  Small detail but it's these details that really made a lot of Nikes stand out in the mid-to-late 90s.

I gotta wonder if they half-***ed the Slates so that they could look more similar to the Comets...How else could the Comets be so accurate and the Slates so off?

Great reads on this page.

Those MAY be worth 50% off day, when they on sale for $99.99, or sitting on clearance at DTLR and/or Shoe City.

Comets it is.

These are on MAJOR delay.

May5th official release, and May 8th on NDC...

As disappointed as I am, I'd grab em for $87 ....sighs

Originally Posted by Executive76

609048102a.jpg

609048102b.jpg

****not my pics***

I can deal with the non-colored air unit if I have to.  But the non-differentiating blue gradients kill it for me.  And is that BLACK on the top gradient? 

^ Yea, it's black.

I saw these in person earlier and they are a disgrace.

why cant nike retro shoes like they use to? make them exactly like the ogs but have poor quality

Was really looking forward to these when there was word of the release.  Pretty much disappointed with the non-gradient slate blue.  Pass at retail but will cop if I come across a major discount.

they aren't that bad, but definitely no where as good.. NIKE is lazy, still one of the nicer colorways. i still dont like the mold on the 95s.

The black and the small air units kill the slates. Those pics make them look fake. I'm glad I looked at some more pics of these before buying them.

I just got off the phone with a nike rep and they said that on May 8th they are also releasing the slates in the LE version and they will be all leather has anybody seen the all leather 2010 release .

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

Originally Posted by GZA73

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

May5th official release, and May 8th on NDC...

As disappointed as I am, I'd grab em for $87 ....sighs

yup!
What?

I work at Champs in NY, and we received our shipment.. but we can't sell until May 8th, which I assume is the official release date.

I will double check, though..
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom