Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I don't know what DAZN was thinking giving him that 11 fight deal when he has such a limited pool of opponents.

LIMITED POOL?/? Hes got at least 5 to 10 opponents he can fight. They gave Canelo top money to fight real competition. I mean does the public want Smith?? or Sanders?? Hell no. Andrade, one of the Charlo's, GGG or SOG would make sense.
He's like all these other boxers that came before him. Stalling not taking fight in his prime. Get in the ring with real fighters.

Last edited:
LIMITED POOL?/? Hes got at least 5 to 10 opponents he can fight. They gave Canelo top money to fight real competition. I mean does the public want Smith?? or Sanders?? Hell no. Andrade, one of the Charlo's, GGG or SOG would make sense.
He's like all these other boxers that came before him. Stalling not taking fight in his prime. Get in the ring with real fighters.
The realistic choices are the fighters on DAZN, not retired fighters who are retired and on other networks so that rules out Charlo and SOG. Prior to the pandemic, Saunders looked like the most feasible opponent but negotiations didn't pan out for whatever reason. Now we don't know what they have in mind considering there will be no gate revenue and Mexican Independence day is right around the corner.

DAZN pays Golden Boy $40 million for each fight card headed by Canelo. GBB pays Canelo $35 mil of that. This leaves GB with $5 mil plus the live gate & other revenue streams to pay Canelo's opponent, each of the undercard fighters, the host site, and other promotional expenses", without a gate now Golden Boy isn't willing to pay BJS the amount he wanted for the fight. Golden Boy paid Jacobs $14 mil and Main Events $12 mil for the Kovalev fight and now these opponents aren't happy to hear about a $5 mil offer to fight canelo

Someone tell Angel that outside of Mattyse, his bum @ss son ain’t really beat anyone worth they’re salt.

Thurman - L
Porter - L
Herrera & Peterson - both should’ve been L’s
You could make a case for a washed up Zab too!

What we do have is an impressive list of slayed cans and overrated C level boxers. I’m sure the Salka’s, Granados, and Redkach’s of the boxing world are all shaking in they’re boots.

Someone tell Angel that outside of Mattyse, his bum @ss son ain’t really beat anyone worth they’re salt.

Thurman - L
Porter - L

What we do have is an impressive list of slayed cans and overrated C level boxers. I’m sure the Salka’s, Granados, and Redkach’s of the boxing world are all shaking in they’re boots.
Preach brotha preach!

tenor.gif

He beat a young Khan that still had godlike handspeed at that time

Thurman - L
Porter - L

The Charlos are over 30 and untested.

Kind of irrelevant too
They just turned 30 and call them what u want but nobody wants to fight Jermall he’s been the mandatory for Canelo for the last 3 years and Canelo won’t fight him...
GGG passed
Instead they fight Ricky Fielding? Who?

Steve Rolls? Who?

Irrelevant you say? FOH

They just turned 30 and call them what u want but nobody wants to fight Jermall he’s been the mandatory for Canelo for the last 3 years and Canelo won’t fight him...
GGG passed
Instead they fight Ricky Fielding? Who?

Steve Rolls? Who?

Irrelevant you say? FOH

In actuality, Haymon has never even thrown Charlo’s name in the hat for Canelo. It’s a network issue, and Haymon doesn’t have control on the situation and his fighter isn’t the A side...hence why that fight hasn’t and won’t happen. Charlo is talented, but his best win was J Rock. Otherwise, he has a mediocre track record. Brandon Adams? Dennis Hogan? washed Austin Trout?

Last edited:
In actuality, Haymon has never even thrown Charlo’s name in the hat for Canelo. I’m suppose to believe he can handle Canelo, when while
Charlo is talented, his best win was J Rock. Otherwise, he has a mediocre track record. Brandon Adams? Dennis Hogan? washed Austin Trout?
Actually he has
Jermall been calling him out for years
DAZN offered him a Trash deal
He countered and they went ghost

Canelo should have 3 maybe even 4 L’s on his record

Eddie Hearn offered Charlo 7 million to fight Andrade, which he declined.

The Charlo brothers are on Haymon’s favorites list (Along with Garcia, Spence, Wilder) he offers them top dollar against mediocre competition which keeps them from going to another network.

They don’t move the needle. Yeah, they talk a good game on social media but they don’t sell tickets or bring in ratings.

You saying Canelo should have losses doesn’t take away from the competition he’s faced. Again...Brandon Adams? Dennis Hogan?

Eddie Hearn offered Charlo 7 million to fight Andrade, which he declined.

The Charlo brothers are on Haymon’s favorites list (Along with Garcia, Spence, Wilder) he offers them top dollar against mediocre competition which keeps them from going to another network.

They don’t move the needle. Yeah, they talk a good game on social media but they don’t sell tickets or bring in ratings.

You saying Canelo should have losses doesn’t take away from the competition he’s faced. Again...Brandon Adams? Dennis Hogan?
Paul Fielding?
Wasted and Washed up Kovalev?
That same Austin Trout?
40 year old Mosley?
James Kirkland?
Chavez JR?

I’ve witnessed Canelo lose with my own eyes on at least 4 occasions he’s not some indestructible monster

Remember when charlos face changed when Danny Jacobs walked up to charlos interview?
Lol

Canelo is a very beatable fighter, I don’t see anyone hyping him up that way.

but the charlos have lackluster resumes and are pricing themselves out of big fights.

Remember when charlos face changed when Danny Jacobs walked up to charlos interview?
Lol

Canelo is a very beatable fighter, I don’t see anyone hyping him up that way.

but the charlos have lackluster resumes and are pricing themselves out of big fights.
Canelo is the most hyped fighter in the game Wth you talking about?

Broner pioneered the boxer having your own content rather than depending on the networks with the About Billions series but so far Jermell has been the most consistent with ringside with the lions over Tank and Farmer that all have followed the Broner blueprint

Back
Top Bottom