Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This fight had nothing to do with clinching.
The fight was determined after the shot to the ear in the third which is unfortunate but Wilder wasnt going to have his balance the rest of the fight. Probably had trauma induced BPPV.

I stepped out of the room for a minute before the fight and my wife told me Wilder was saying something about he wants “a body” on his resume. Was dude really taking like that?!
Yup. He's been saying that. The interview before the fight asked him if he regrets saying that and he said nope, I mean it.
you'd think he would have a change of heart or compassion since Patrickday and other boxers passed away this last year.

I stepped out of the room for a minute before the fight and my wife told me Wilder was saying something about he wants “a body” on his resume. Was dude really taking like that?!
Sure was. Love seeing dudes talk reckless only to end up getting their *** beat.

Nah. Wilder was the one that kept tying up because he was catching hell. And Bayless even deducted a point from Fury for the clinches which seemed pretty ridiculous given the circumstances. And they could’ve set up a trilogy no matter the outcome last night since the first fight was a draw.

But bottom line is none of that stuff really mattered since Fury was felt out whooping Wilder’s *** from the opening bell.
Clinching and putting your opponent in a headlock and leaning on him are two different things
Fury got a point deducted for hitting on the break, not for clinching

Clinching and putting your opponent in a headlock and leaning on him are two different things
Fury got a point deducted for hitting on the break, not for clinching
You might be right about the point deduction. But yeah, none of that mattered.

Yup. He's been saying that. The interview before the fight asked him if he regrets saying that and he said nope, I mean it.
you'd think he would have a change of heart or compassion since Patrickday and other boxers passed away this last year.
Sure was. Love seeing dudes talk reckless only to end up getting their *** beat.
Man I hadn’t heard him say that. Grade-A clown **** right there. Glad dude got that work last night. And I actually used to like dude.

Fury had a game plan and executed it to perfection.

Wilder had no chance at all. He is not a boxer and once Fury neutralized the right hand by staying close, Wilder was done.

Clinching and throwing his weight around has been a part of sport for centuries.
Floyd loved clinching

snoop just posted something on IG POSSIBLY suggesting that wilder may have dipped into some alcohol n marijuaners . said something like shoutout to floyd for being the undefeated champ who dont drink or smoke. snoop aint CNN but just saying.

whatever the case - it doesnt matter as tyson fury was the superior boxer tonight with the better gameplan and execution of it. It was also clearly evident that his ear drum popped and I personally have never had that happen but I imagine its rather annoying like when water gets stuck in your ears but worse since its affecting your motor skills.

anyone ever had that happen to them can explain the sensation?

yeah wilder definitely smokes weed. Was in the club here last year blowing smh .

i dont think that dabbling in the lettuce is any concern truthfully.... but maybe not do it during camp. gotta have that laser focus. if he was out and about during his training then it could be something mentally. unless he been doing this sheet ever since. whatever. hope he bounces back I love his demeaner for the heavyweight division.

Snapchat-978465268.jpg

There a specific reason as to why Wilder bulked up for this 2nd fight? Didn't really follow any stories leading up to the fight last night.

There a specific reason as to why Wilder bulked up for this 2nd fight? Didn't really follow any stories leading up to the fight last night.

wanted more strength, more weight and power behind his punch to knock out Fury. He didnt realize he'd be much slower, thus less power. Plus he was top heavy. Leg day skipped indefinitely

Joshua absolutely smacking Fury is not something I see happening

I was hella drinks in when I wrote that :lol:

But I've always thought Joshua would be a tougher matchup than Wilder in basically every way besides Fury having to fear that right hand. I'm not gonna say Joshua absolutely smacks him, but I'd be real confident laying down a bet on Joshua for that fight for sure.

Josh like a computer. Changed his whole style for his last rematch. He'll match his whole style to match the drunken master style of Fury. That's a curious fight. Not to say Fury wouldn't still win, but it'd be a different challenge than just having to out think raw power. JA is another crazy athlete. Strong. Fast. Technical. I don't blame him for underestimating Ruiz. He looks like Gabriel Iglesias. He smoked him the 2nd time. Very curious.

Yeah I think Fury could always fight Joshua the way he fought Wilder the first fight, but unlike with Wilder, I think Joshua has what it takes to win that fight. I mean Fury didn't exactly look unbeatable against Wallin.

And if Fury tries to infight with Joshua the way he did Wilder in the second fight I wouldn't be shocked at all if Joshua got him outta there.

Back
Top Bottom