OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Florida should have a good chance just because Bo Nix can be a liability, but Auburn's run game should be the deciding factor.
We also haven't really seen Trask up against a defense like this and Florida hasn't been able to run the ball well this year.

Do you really believe Trask is that good? Serious question, I haven’t seen that much of him.

Ncaa’s been lobbying in Florida and Texas state governments. Shows they lost Florida meaning Texas probably next. They’re gonna have to do something soon. Not about to ban the Pac 12 AND the ACC, and Texas isn’t about to stand around and watch all their top recruits go to SC and FSU.

————

Looks like USC is leaning towards hiring Wazzu AD Patrick Chun. Young guy, good fundraiser, willing to leave his job at Wazzu mid season, and was at Ohio State from 1997-2012.

Last edited:
Ohio states athletic director is against the student athletes from getting paid I'm reading.

Ncaa’s been lobbying in Florida and Texas state governments. Shows they lost Florida meaning Texas probably next. They’re gonna have to do something soon. Not about to ban the Pac 12 AND the ACC, and Texas isn’t about to stand around and watch all their top recruits go to SC and FSU.

————

Looks like USC is leaning towards hiring Wazzu AD Patrick Chun. Young guy, good fundraiser, willing to leave his job at Wazzu mid season, and was at Ohio State from 1997-2012.
Reading up on Chun and I like him.

nako xl nako xl

Its fun to speculate who Urban would fill out his staff with at USC. This is Zach Smith's guess. Yeah, I laughed, but its still fun to see who he might consider. Love this staff:

OC/OL - Justin Frye (currently at UCLA, Smith thinks this would be a guaranteed hire. Justin was a GA for Urban at UF and OL coach with Steve Addazio at BC. Urban apparently values Steve's opinion on Offensive Line coaches)

QB - Dana Bible (currently at UCLA with Frye, NFL experience. Ryan Day considers Bible as a mentor)

WR - Keary Colbert (Urban is a former WR coach, and has already used up his picks as guys he'd trust to coach WR. so this is a position where it'd be great to retain a guy who was a great player and has familiarity with the university and players)

RB/Run Game Coordinator - Tony Alford (currently at Ohio State, probably would come to USC for a title bump to expedite his path to head coach someday)

TE - Corey Dennis (Ohio State, Urban's son-in-law. would clearly show that the family is on board with Urban returning to coaching, and would get Urban's two grandkids to LA. Smith thinks he's also a good coach in addition to the nepotism part)

DC - Morgan Scalley (Currently DC at Utah, played for Urban at Utah. immediately destabilizes a P12 contender, as well)

ST - DJ Durkin (formerly Maryland coach, currently in NFL, used to be a phenomenal ST coach) <----My note: this is incredibly far fetched given Durkin's baggage

Secondary Coach/unclear - Chris Ash (Smith thinks one of Urban's first phone calls would be to get Ash back in the game in some capacity)

DL - Sean Cronin (DL coach at South Florida, former GA of Urban's at UF)

DB - Greg Burns (retained from USC, help with transition)

S&C/General Advisor/Leadership Consultant - Mickey Marotti (Currently at Ohio State, Urban's right hand man and confidant)

Recruiting/Player Personnel - Mark Pantoni (Ohio State)

Director of Player Development - Reggie Bush/someone like him (bring the star power back to USC) <----my note: far fetched but awesome idea. would be a huge hit with players and recruits.

yeah, he knew it was not realistic. Same with Durkin.

I stopped reading the Bush part, but now that i think of it, I hope Gavin Morris has a spot on the team when a new staff comes in.

how much do ya'll think Urban makes on Fox? Co-worker said $5M per and I thought that was way too much.

I was thinking more like $1.25M per.

yeah, he knew it was not realistic. Same with Durkin.

I stopped reading the Bush part, but now that i think of it, I hope Gavin Morris has a spot on the team when a new staff comes in.

Gavin is working to be an AD some day and he’s the best recruiter on the staff and not even a coach, so Urban would have a position for him. Considering the magic Burns and C Hawk have done with an all freshman secondary they’d probably be retained in some capacity too unless Ohio State’s DB coach wants to come.

Zero shot at Durkin being hired after killing a child and with SC’s current student lawsuits.

Reggie will be back soon but not in a coaching capacity. The Todd McNair lawsuit made it clear the NCAA show cause penalties are unlawful labor restrictions in California. A force like urban would bring Reggie back and dare the ncaa to do something.

I like Justin Frye as an OL coach but I don’t want anyone involved with that disaster at UCLA touching the playcalling. I’d actually like to retain Drevno here.

how much do ya'll think Urban makes on Fox? Co-worker said $5M per and I thought that was way too much.

I was thinking more like $1.25M per.

I don’t know the accuracy of the article, but I damn spit my drink out when I read that Stephen A. Smith was making $10M and Jim Rome $30M per year. I think Samantha Ponder was listed at $10M per as well. I would have never in a million years guessed they made anywhere near that amount.l; wish I had the link. To say I was surprised would be an understatement

I don’t know the accuracy of the article, but I damn spit my drink out when I read that Stephen A. Smith was making $10M and Jim Rome $30M per year. I think Samantha Ponder was listed at $10M per as well. I would have never in a million years guessed they made anywhere near that amount.l; wish I had the link. To say I was surprised would be an understatement
SAS at $10M per makes sense. They damn near use him everywhere. That guy works harder than anyone in the biz.

Ponder makes $10M?!?!?! For what? The NFL Live show?

SAS at $10M per makes sense. They damn near use him everywhere. That guy works harder than anyone in the biz.

Ponder makes $10M?!?!?! For what? The NFL Live show?

Not too sure. It was a “what these reporters make” article., or something like that. I think a Skip Bayless was $10M as well. He was a head scratcher for me. I figured SAS was like $5M. Anyway, I’ll have to see if I can scrounge up the article.; it was some random link at the end of an article I was reading. Who knows how accurate it is though.

EDIT: found it. I was way off on Ponder and Bayless. $4.9M her, but still a lot more than expected. Skip $6M.

Nah Ponder was the next up after Erin Andrews and when Fox was poaching all of ESPN’s female talent they got shook and cashed her out. She used to be a lot more featured than she is now and was the hottest female on air for a while (and quietly opened the door for a bunch who immediately followed) so I’m not mad at her getting her bread.

Anyone the name of the fake Molly McGrath that was on ESPN for a while and had a bunch of classist and borderline racist incidents before she was exiled to twitter and some other conspiracy theorist web tv channel? Blonde trashy chick with the parking garage incident.

SAS feels underpaid at $10M...

That guys everywhere. Does that include the cash for his radio show?!

So apparently Graham Harrell’s hire was spurred on by a donor/message board reader who reached out to the admins and Lynn.

So some asked why the same can’t be done with urban. The response from an sc insider:

“Well, in Meyer's case, it's totally different. That's a well-known name and Matt Leinart specifically has been a catalyst in getting him connected with USC. Urban is to Matt what Clay was to Marcus Allen or Lane was to Keyshawn Johnson. Is that enough? No, no it isn't. You have to get Rick Caruso, Wayne Hughes, Ed Roski and a few others in a room together with Urban Meyer to make things work. You can't just write a check, hand it over to the administration and say, "Get it done." No, no, no. At UCLA, Chip Kelly was hired without the involvement of the AD. The administration was basically given the details after the deal was made. I'm afraid the same would have to be done at USC, although the AD could actually be useful in this instance. Read up on how Phil Knight does things at Oregon. He follows through and makes sure his donations are used efficiently.”

Last edited:
Michigan State has a rough October slate

10/5 = @ #4 Ohio State
10/12 = @ #8 Wisconsin
10/19 = Bye
10/26 = #12 Penn State

Nah Ponder was the next up after Erin Andrews and when Fox was poaching all of ESPN’s female talent they got shook and cashed her out. She used to be a lot more featured than she is now and was the hottest female on air for a while (and quietly opened the door for a bunch who immediately followed) so I’m not mad at her getting her bread.

Anyone the name of the fake Molly McGrath that was on ESPN for a while and had a bunch of classist and borderline racist incidents before she was exiled to twitter and some other conspiracy theorist web tv channel? Blonde trashy chick with the parking garage incident.

Maria Taylor > Sam Ponder

Back
Top Bottom