OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bad wording. Rephrased: "How do you feel about the possible hire, all things considered."

I was actually busy all day at work, so catching up to all the panic and chaos on another site. Personally, he doesn’t move the needle for me and I’d rather let Kendal Briles have a crack at it than Norvell. Anyway, I don’t think that KB is an option as the face of the program considering the Baylor situation.

I know Norvell has been bantered about but there’s no guarantee he takes the job if offered. He may prefer Ole Miss

T
Maybe a step below Michigans with less than 1/4 of the talent... Big game production has been probably on par... Recruiting getting better to no-mans-land Iowa... My want for him at Michigan has just as much to do with Harbaugh than it does Campbell to be honest.

They’re 41 in S&P+ O compared to Michigan’s 20. You could make the case that that is overachieving for ISU which is a bottom tier P5 program but it still should debunk the notion that Campbell is some offensive genius. He had good O’s at Toledo but he’s still has yet to replicate that success on O at ISU, which leads me to believe a lot of that had to do with Candle.

This isn’t a Cooper situation where Jim struggling to beat decent OSU teams. This is more comparable to Osborne being unable to beat elite OU teams.

Michigan’s been a top 10 program since Jim’s tenure began here. We’re either going to have to find some edge like Osborne did, or accept that Michigan has a ceiling that no one outside a Saban, Dabo, or Meyer can break through.

This isn’t a Cooper situation where Jim struggling to beat decent OSU teams. This is more comparable to Osborne being unable to beat elite OU teams.

Michigan’s been a top 10 program since Jim’s tenure began here. We’re either going to have to find some edge like Osborne did, or accept that Michigan has a ceiling that no one outside a Saban, Dabo, or Meyer can break through.

I’ll take the latter until OSU can get ahead in the rivalry :lol:

I’m a realist and at 30 years old I don’t think I’ll see us take the lead

The rope is longer at ole miss and I think I read he has some Mississippi ties.

How so?

The expectations aren’t championships like they are at FSU, but they’re probably still out of whack compared to what OM actually is historically as a program.

I guess you could make the case Oxford is a little more low key than Tally but it’s 2019, if you’re doing something stupid, someone is either going to record or it or post it to a message board regardless of what school your at.

Also considering the fact that OM has a major target on their back from the NCAA, I’d take FSU over OM 10 times out of 10 if I were him.

How so?

The expectations aren’t championships like they are at FSU, but they’re probably still out of whack compared to what OM actually is historically as a program.

I guess you could make the case Oxford is a little more low key than Tally but it’s 2019, if you’re doing something stupid, someone is either going to record or it or post it to a message board regardless of what school your at.

Also considering the fact that OM has a major target on their back from the NCAA, I’d take FSU over OM 10 times out of 10 if I were him.
More so, expectations are out of wack at both places, but FSU boosters are more rabid and eager to be involved than Ole Miss boosters.

But I do think he'd get away with trizzing sorority girls at Ole Miss before he would at FSU. Case in point, he's still doing it at Memphis, and it's sort of an open secret and joke on their campus, but the school isn't in the public eye enough for it to be a thing the national media cares about.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
How so?

It took Ole Miss cheating like hell and ending with probation to have the most success they've had this millennium. I know there are complaints about facilities and resources with FSU but they've been a top program in each of the last 3 decades. He'd be a fool to take Ole Miss over FSU.

Kylin Hill of Mississippi State walks away with the CSpire Conerly Award last night. The award is given to the top college football player in the state of Mississippi.
6081589A-7E62-4BE0-998E-341F41FC236A.jpeg

Congrats to him but everybody knows that Felix Harper from Alcorn State deserved that award not only for his stats but for also taking Alcorn to the SWAC championship game with a 8-3 record. It’s clear that they have a bias when it comes to giving out this award to the “Big 3”
D1724420-AC84-4797-99C7-020E6E9DA5F2.jpeg

nako xl nako xl

You think Graham Harrell leaves for UT?
Graham keeps leaking that he has interest in the UT job through a Football Scoop writer at UNT (same dude that broke the Clay staying news) so maybe.

Herman insists on playcalling though and Graham won’t put up with that - there was alleged tension over Helton allegedly overruling his playcalls last year - so who knows.

Herman’s also just an ******* and I keep reading that as attractive as UT is people don’t like him and don’t want to work for him.

Is Belton actually gonna be giving a shot to succeed or will 2020 be another lame duck, "he's fired unless he wins the conference" season? If everyone knows he's not the long-term option, why keep him? Who would want to commit to a coach that they know it's going to be fired next season?

I don't get it.It's already hurting recruiting. Is this a money issue? Is administration just not on the same page? Or maybe they just haven't identified a coach that they want?

Back
Top Bottom