OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I kinda feel sorry for SC fans tbh. Two lame duck years in a row is bull****.

A few insiders now are confirming what I was told and reasonably believe to be true: that boosters were backchanneling with Urban for a few months and it sounds like when the actual school got involved the admin refused to grant him the control over staff and money he wanted 🤷🏾‍♂️

That’s when the Franklin rumors started (Urban and James have the same agent.)

Helton made some moves with recruits over this past bye week and got some silent commits so Bohn seems to have decided with little time to vet prime candidates and a not terrible finish to the season it’s better to ride it out, see if these recruits sign, fire the D and ST coordinators and hope for the best.

Now that I’ve typed this though the complete opposite will of course happen.

It'd be a mistake for Graham to go to Texas.

Unless Herman's ready to give up play calling, and budge off his idiotic philosophy on assistant coaching contracts... And the fact he's likely fired next year if things don't significantly change. And he's a scum bag.

That's without considering how Ehlinger really fits into what Harrell does offensively.

He'd be better off hunting a G5 head coaching gig.

Pretty sure Kiffin is a done deal to Arkansas, bank is open for the staff. Happy Birthday nako xl nako xl !

Thanks, brother! Couldn't ask for a better birthday gift than the Lane Train pulling back into the SEC!

Screen-Shot-2017-12-19-at-1.04.05-PM.png

It'd be a mistake for Graham to go to Texas.

Unless Herman's ready to give up play calling, and budge off his idiotic philosophy on assistant coaching contracts... And the fact he's likely fired next year if things don't significantly change. And he's a scum bag.

That's without considering how Ehlinger really fits into what Harrell does offensively.

He'd be better off hunting a G5 head coaching gig.
I do think Graham leaked the Clay stuff to his North Texas media contact and that he put the Texas feelers out early when he thought they were all going to be fired, maybe as a negotiating tactic with USC and Helton. Graham has denied it, but insiders have said that Clay meddles in the playcalling more than is let on and it's annoying him.

If this is his driving motivation for leaving SC, then jumping to UT right now makes no sense: Graham is already being paid well at SC and they'll match Texas's offer and Herman is notorious for flat out sidelining his playcallers and taking over mid-season (mid-game?), he only gives coaches 1-year contracts, and he is on the hot seat himself.

If Graham bounces it's because he just wanted to leave. But considering he made such a big deal about having to move his young family from Texas to Manhattan Beach to begin with, that doesn't make that much sense.

As far as Ehlinger, I don't think Harrell would like him as a QB. He'd be able to run some of the RPO stuff Harrell does but he wouldn't be able to make the downfield passes Harrell has shown he loves to try. His incessant tucking and running at the slightest hint of pressure is also why he benched Jack Sears and Matt Fink to begin with. He actually said in camp, (paraphrased) while Sears's athleticism is an asset, his proclivity to run was also a knock on him because he's not making the reads. Ehlinger is a one read and go guy. Harrell would be tugging his hair out.

Happy Bday nako xl nako xl . Here's to many more years of Clay Helton in your future!
If Helton can just hire smart assistants and **** the way, and the AD actually does what he claims he's going to do and funds the department by rehiring the lost analysts and support staff then whatever. I can live with it. Dabo Swinney and Ed Orgeron are both getting a lot of praise for being HC's that can't X&O for **** but motivate with the best and know how to build a program.

You ( dacomeup dacomeup ) said Bohn is smart and makes smart hires so I'll just trust the process and wait to see things play out. I'm one of the few SC fans that was content with SC going 10-2/11-1 every year and getting top 10 recruiting classes. I'm just so over the primetime blow out losses and USC legacy recruits leaving town for the SEC and Oregon. casper90403 casper90403 will probably say being happy with 10-2 is blasphemy.

The problem with the CEO approach is that Helton is obviously a sinking ship, what decent assistants are going to sign up for that?

And furthermore when has Clay ever proved that he’s a great motivator and builder of a program?

The problem with the CEO approach is that Helton is obviously a sinking ship, what decent assistants are going to sign up for that?

And furthermore when has Clay ever proved that he’s a great motivator and builder of a program?
I agree completely. But he can't prove it til he actually does it. Ed O had good ideas his interim year at SC but we saw even as recently as 2 years ago he wouldn't leave Matt Canada alone and kept interfering with the offense. Wasn't until this year, Literally his 8th year as a HC that he learned to be hands off and focus on **** like demanding money from the AD. Dabo was trash his first 4 years too, then it suddenly clicked.

I don't know or think that he can do that, but hopefully if it IS in the cards for Clay, Year 5 is the year. Because... I mean, if it takes you more than 5 years to realize you have to tackle once a week in practice... :lol:

Ed O had good ideas his interim year at SC but we saw even as recently as 2 years ago he wouldn't leave Matt Canada alone and kept interfering with the offense.

Canada is a cantankerous drunk who has had issues everywhere he went. :lol: Not blaming O for that.

Frank is gonna head back to LSU and wreck shop on the trail, again

UTSA should be begging for Graham Harrell.

I wonder if Wazzu looks at him if Leach leaves?

I honestly didn't even realize they canned Frank. :lol: Harrell may be too big for that job now, though.

Harrell interviewed for the UTSA job.

1575495913770.png

----

A source told Horns247 Harrell had been in contact with at least one coach to discuss the possibility of going to Texas as a member of the offensive staff.

One source said they believed parameters of a deal for Harrell at Texas would be in the range of three years guaranteed at roughly $2 million per year. But that’s been difficult to confirm with anyone with direct knowledge of the situation.

USC is a private school and doesn’t have to disclose salary information, but it’s believed Harrell earned just less than $1 million, according to sources.

We were told Harrell interviewed for the vacant UTSA head-coaching job on Monday in Dallas. But it’s unlikely UTSA could pay Harrell as much as he’d earn at Texas. Former UTSA coach Frank Wilson was earning just more than $1 million, when Wilson was let go in the last week.

-----

$880,000-900,000 and 2 years guaranteed was the contract terms speculated last year.

-----

Gerard Martinez: "Still don't think his happens, but we'll see. They'd have to pay him $2 million like LSU did Dave Aranda because he's already making $1 million at USC."

Last edited:
Is Texas OC any better than being an OC at USC? Both seem like sinking ships as far as staff is concerned (long term)

Is Texas OC any better than being an OC at USC? Both seem like sinking ships as far as staff is concerned (long term)
Texas is a worse job. SC has the better offensive skill talent and a HC that is your built in scapegoat rather than vice-verse. Helton also isn’t a ****ing ******* like Herman is.

Back
Top Bottom