OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't the Bert era prove Arky couldn't recruit the guys needed to win at the LOS in the SEC to play that brand of football?

Wisconsin and Iowa get away with it because that region of the country is under recruited.

Didn't the Bert era prove Arky couldn't recruit the guys needed to win at the LOS in the SEC to play that brand of football?

Wisconsin and Iowa get away with it because that region of the country is under recruited.
They were going 7-6/8-5 with Bielema and isn't Pittman a much better recruiter? I don't know that they can't top out at 9-3.

My favorite Bumlema story was when he had the oline go over to the former coaches house to confront him after he quit. Best scumbag move ever.

They were going 7-6/8-5 with Bielema and isn't Pittman a much better recruiter? I don't know that they can't top out at 9-3.

It’s easy to be a “good recruiter” when you got the bags that UGA throws around. Is he going to have that at Arky?

They should have hired Leach or backed up the Brinks truck for Gus.

Mississippi State getting a nice kicker from Arizona State
3D3E0BD2-02C6-4656-B641-C0466E7E1954.jpeg

Chip Brown was saying an unnamed source (who again sounds like Biggins who’s a family friend of theirs) told him that Bru went to Texas partly because of DeGabriel Floyd and the WR coach Drew Mehringer. The source was like “now DeGabriel is out for all of 2019 with spinal stenosis and he can’t tell if Herman likes Mehringer and thinks he’s about to fire him.”

Is Mehringer a bad WR coach? Lol at the idea of a kid bouncing BEFORE a program can do the position coach bait and switch with him.
Taylor Estes just posted the same thing about Mehringer’s future being unsure:

“Sources told me that McCoy has also been concerned about the future of his position coach and primary recruiter, Drew Mehringer, and cannot determine if Herman will be looking to replace Mehringer once the one-year contract extensions for the Longhorns' assistant coaches expire following the 2019 football season.”

https://247sports.com/college/texas...ver-potential-transfer-USC-Trojans-132445119/
Mehringer is Herman's guy.

He's been with Herman at OSU, Houston and now Texas. Herman's hired him everywhere he's been.

Texas' receivers were about the best thing going for them last year with Humphrey and Collin Johnson, and Mehringer seems like his name comes up CONSTANTLY in recruiting. So I don't know. Seems weird there'd be a disconnect there, unless Mehringer wants another shot at an OC job somewhere and Herman won't give up play calling.
Was talking about this discussion with someone yesterday and about how Texas recruits the past two years have felt unsettled with whether the people recruiting them would be there in a year and it turned out they may have all been right :lol:

Mehringer was basically fired a year ago. Not sure if I saw this right but did they have a 2nd WR coach on staff? N41D N41D

They had Rashaad Samples on staff last recruiting cycle and he was doing a TON of their on-campus recruiting for skill talent. He was killing it for them with Dallas kids.

Then he left and took a job as an on-field coach at SMU and Texas lost several DFW recruits as a result.

Seems like Norvell is definitely going to put together a hell of a staff. Kenny Dillingham as OC.

Back
Top Bottom