OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1582579987475.png

Probably just so he could give him a raise from what Bama was paying him. The move sounds like it was more about taking from Bama than any particular development boost to georgia.
He could've given him a raise without making him an assistant. Cochran is known to be Saban's most important staffer and he's been there since 2007. It definitely hurts Bama but Kirby thinks very highly of him for sure.

Maybe I'm the idiot...

But a guy that's never been an on-field coach and never been on the road recruiting is supposed to be a major coup for Georgia walking into a job he's never done?

Seems like a move that probably hurts Bama more than it actually helps Georgia.

Maybe I'm the idiot...

But a guy that's never been an on-field coach and never been on the road recruiting is supposed to be a major coup for Georgia walking into a job he's never done?

Seems like a move that probably hurts Bama more than it actually helps Georgia.
He's been huge with recruiting for Bama. Huge with keeping Saban's program running tight. He's like the guy that Saban has trusted the most over the last decade. Him and Kirby are very close from his time at Bama too. I can imagine Kirby is going to use him in a similar role, but now he can get out on the road and recruit as well.

No idea how he'll be as a coach on field, but by all other accounts its a big hire.

He's been huge with recruiting for Bama. Huge with keeping Saban's program running tight. He's like the guy that Saban has trusted the most over the last decade. Him and Kirby are very close from his time at Bama too. I can imagine Kirby is going to use him in a similar role, but now he can get out on the road and recruit as well.

No idea how he'll be as a coach on field, but by all other accounts its a big hire.
I guess for me it’s like... Saban’s turned over every single coach except this guy since he got to Bama and never really skipped a beat.

Supposed to believe this insane all-timer level control freak was relying on a 40 year old S&C coach to keep the ship running tight? Especially one he probably could’ve found a way to keep if he wanted to?

I don’t know. Seems like offseason noise more than anything.

Saban sets the culture and runs the program there and Cochran did a great job reinforcing it. There is no magic program that develops those guys to NFL draft picks. Saban will bring in/promote a guy who will run s*** how Saban wants it and it will all keep rolling.

I guess for me it’s like... Saban’s turned over every single coach except this guy since he got to Bama and never really skipped a beat.

Supposed to believe this insane all-timer level control freak was relying on a 40 year old S&C coach to keep the ship running tight? Especially one he probably could’ve found a way to keep if he wanted to?

Honestly, we don't know. On its surface you wouldn't think it would be a big deal but a lot of people you know the situation better than any of us seem to think it's a big deal.

It seems to be that his value is more intangible than simply being a strength and conditioning coach.

You may be right. People have talked about his role from the Bama vantage point all of these years though, before this UGA hype. Not like I expect Bama to come crashing down or anything now, but interesting that he’s the only guy who has been with Saban from the jump.

My friends son just committed to the Trojans. He had offers from Oregon and Michigan as well as a few other schools. Proud and happy for them.

Congrats man! That's dope.

Didn't know you knew that kid, would have asked you about him. Some fans are high on him others aren't. How good is he? Can he come in and compete for playing time immediately when Amon Ra and Vaughns go next year?

The Michigan offer may have been a secret since it isn't listed on the sites.

Didn't know you knew that kid, would have asked you about him. Some fans are high on him others aren't. How good is he?

The michigan offer may have been a secret since it isn't listed on the sites.

Yeah the Michigan thing was hush hush.

The kid is one of the hardest workers I have seen. I just hope he doesn't get lost once he gets there.

If he continues to work the way I know he can, he will be great.

Yeah the Michigan thing was hush hush.

The kid is one of the hardest workers I have seen. I just hope he doesn't get lost once he gets there.

If he continues to work the way I know he can, he will be great.
Gerard Martinez at 247 just did a write up about him last week. I think he showed out at the Under Armour camp.

Honestly, we don't know. On its surface you wouldn't think it would be a big deal but a lot of people you know the situation better than any of us seem to think it's a big deal.

It seems to be that his value is more intangible than simply being a strength and conditioning coach.

If it's a big deal, it's because Saban wasn't able to keep hold of the one OG crew member remaining on staff. Might be the symbol of the end of the Saban reign. Might not. We'll find out in the next year or two.

But for most of the tweets I've seen about the recruiting impact...Saban has turned over staff every year and still recruited at a high level, and recruiting hasn't exactly been the weak point at UGA. He might end up being an incredible ST Coach, but is a guy with 0 years of on-field coaching experience what UGA is lacking right now? They haven't exactly been hurting in the recruiting department.

Back
Top Bottom