OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just remember most of the time it’s not the actual school that got the bags, it’s the alumni and supporters...Some HBCU’s got the same or more rich folk with money as a number of these schools the recruits currently going to if they wanna go that route ...

which ones? Wasn’t it Grambling that had a player protest over the awful facilities they had to use?

It’s one thing to have a wealthy alumni base but it’s another to have one that actually is mobilized and motivated to compete at a high level. it’s the difference between a program like UVA and Michigan.

it be nice to see HBCU’s at least trot out NDSU caliber teams (I guess NC A&T is technically that). Those schools gaining prominence again could serve as an incubator for black coaches to get better shots at the P5 level. But’s it’s more then just the bags that are keeping quality talent from these schools, a lot of FCS facilities are trash compared to even middle of the road G5’s. I was kinda shocked when my lil bro’s friend told me how bad the facilities were at Illinois St considering they’re one of the better FCS programs around. Granted, he was a private school kid, but still.

which ones? Wasn’t it Grambling that had a player protest over the awful facilities they had to use?

It’s one thing to have a wealthy alumni base but it’s another to have one that actually is mobilized and motivated to compete at a high level. it’s the difference between a program like UVA and Michigan.

it be nice to see HBCU’s at least trot out NDSU caliber teams (I guess NC A&T is technically that). Those schools gaining prominence again could serve as an incubator for black coaches to get better shots at the P5 level. But’s it’s more then just the bags that are keeping quality talent from these schools, a lot of FCS facilities are trash compared to even middle of the road G5’s. I was kinda shocked when my lil bro’s friend told me how bad the facilities were at Illinois St considering they’re one of the better FCS programs around. Granted, he was a private school kid, but still.
The HBCU’s don’t invest in sports as much as the other schools cuz they know elite dudes ain’t coming...They get true “student athletes” , why you Grambling have P5 level facilities if they not getting that talent ? ...If these recruits actually go there you think they won’t switch it up ?

And there ain’t a single HBCU that’s got alumni bags like these major football factories, is there?

Seems like there’s no way there’s enough volume to keep up with the bags.

Ain’t gonna matter in hoops because all the kids that actually impact college hoops coming in are about to just bounce to the league and never see a classroom.
As they should though... that's another aspect of this discussion. The NCAA isn't really built to help people of color or lesser means. It never was. I know "blexit" is idiotic and of disingenuous origins, but there's an argument to be made for something similar as it pertains to college athletics, black players, and ESPECIALLY black coaches and schools.

The NCAA doesn't have to be a thing.

1591554414421.png

One thing he's great at?

And there ain’t a single HBCU that’s got alumni bags like these major football factories, is there?

Seems like there’s no way there’s enough volume to keep up with the bags.
Howard, Moorehouse, Hampton just 3 of the top of my head that got big bread going thru there ...Like I said if the top players actually showed interest, they would invest in the programs ...Most of the boosters at the top programs just local cats that own car dealerships and ****, all the HBCU’s got these type of people if they need em

These kids won’t even consider going to G5 or low level P5 schools over the big name ones, they’re definitely not going to go FCS/HBCU route, at least not the big 5 star recruits that could make others follow

It would have to be a kid that can make so much off his own NIL that there's no financial loss to him for doing it, and maybe even more to gain legacy/image wise by doing so. It's possible.

Lamelo coulda done it.

It would have to be a kid that can make so much off his own NIL that there's no financial loss to him for doing it, and maybe even more to gain legacy/image wise by doing so. It's possible.

Lamelo coulda done it.
That level a kid - at least in football - has so much downside in not going P5 it’s aalmost impossible to recoup.

Coaching, training, eyeballs, facilities, nutritional programs... The HBCU’s - money or not - just don’t have that infrastructure and it isn’t something they can just turn on.

It’s just so much financial downside if it doesn’t work out from a football perspective.

Just playing devil’s advocate:

1. To quote a Redditor, it’s safe to presume any current player who criticized Dabo would no longer be a player currently on the team, right? I mean Dabo's stated his stance on BLM and protests so I don’t know why Trevor is talking about things we don’t see behind the scenes. And;

2. of course stars are treated well by Dabo. Trevor, a white player, commenting on how Dabo is alleged to treat minority players is also... I mean I guess.

Last edited:

Amongst other things (not meeting the minimum credits requirement to remain eligible/a full time student) allegedly... But it's awesome to see dude turn things around and really fix his priorities and focus on his future/career.

Last edited:
Just playing devil’s advocate:

1. To quote a Redditor, it’s safe to presume any current player who criticized Dabo would no longer be a player currently on the team, right? I mean Dabo's stated his stance on BLM and protests so I don’t know why Trevor is talking about things we don’t see behind the scenes. And;

2. of course stars are treated well by Dabo. Trevor, a white player, commenting on how Dabo is alleged to treat minority players is also... I mean I guess.

I mean, still got some of we still running to defend/support trump after 50 known years of him being a racist

There's an old white dude on the sc board, who genuinely seems like a good guy who posted this and I can't stop laughing:

"I was watching some of the kids looting the stores the other day on TV and wondered with the right mentorship and associating with the right crowd how many of them could be pretty good athletes at a college and contributors to society."

Another poster sarcastically replied: "How was their hand eye coordination and short area quickness? When going under roll down gates, were they knee benders or waist benders?"

To which he replied:
"Funny you mention that. I notice on one news cast the over head helicopter showed what appeared to be a group of kids looting a cell phone store. Within the speed of 4 mins the store was wipe out.

I was like wow, some of these kids were probably on sports teams in high school and got caught up with the wrong crowds. Headed in the wrong direction. Maybe not in school now at all and not being as productive as they should in society."

He then mentioned the 3 Hawkins High kids (Jody Lewis, Jalen Hall, and Eric Fuller) who were all blue chip recruits and the post stopped being as funny.

Miller Moss to Mater Dei nako xl nako xl

Kind of sucks. He must have told them he would not graduate early and bounce after the season is over. I was hoping he would enroll in Jan

Miller Moss to Mater Dei nako xl nako xl

Kind of sucks. He must have told them he would not graduate early and bounce after the season is over. I was hoping he would enroll in Jan
We'll see. I @'d Biggins about it and will report back.

What's jokes is months ago when you first told me Moss had nixed plans to transfer to MD I DM'd Biggins and his only reply was "I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole."

Back
Top Bottom