OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Say it ain't so Kirby! That being said, if you start looking up the record for all these older white southern coaches, you'll find alot of dirt
20200606_201802.jpg
Weren’t there some rumors floating around about Kirby’s undergrad time a while back?

Weren’t there some rumors floating around about Kirby’s undergrad time a while back?

Honestly, I don't remember but it wouldn't surprise me, it wouldn't surprise me if you found dirt on the majority of southern head coaches and coordinators. You're talking about a group of white guys in their 40s and 50s The majority of whom it grew up in the deep South, If you start digging into their high school and college days, you'll definitely find dirt on all of them.

What rumors specifically? I'd heard stuff to explain why he was stuck at Bama and not getting serious HC looks and I think it was brought up here but dismissed, especially in comparison to the Pruitt stuff.

:lol: Well he’ll recruit Southern great when Whittingham is your new coach, damn.

No, seriously. This is why they're hesitant to really fire him :lol:

Also because, Utah.

What rumors specifically? I'd heard stuff to explain why he was stuck at Bama and not getting serious HC looks and I think it was brought up here but dismissed, especially in comparison to the Pruitt stuff.
About him having some issues with Black teammates, essentially because he was racist.

It’s extremely tone deaf at minimum, and wearing it for months doesn’t mean that it’s not a slight at BLM either. Funny that Trevor has to speak up for him, regardless.

The fact that he’s been wearing it for months and recently tells me it (especially with the font and coloring) was a play on the black lives matter shirts or at the very least Swinney was aware it would be taken that way, as a response to that statement.

I can hear him in a team meeting:

“You know what, you guys out there some of you saying black lives matter? They do, they do. And all lives matter. You think about that and you pray on that in church. But in here, football matters. Because love, love and football are all that’s gonna get us through this. You can have hate in your heart brother but when you get in here, when you get on that field, all of that’s gone. The only thing that matters out there is football. And it’s gonna save the world!”

If Iowa gets rid of Greg Doyle and Brian Ferentz, how does Kirk keep his job? I don't think he will be fired, but you can't have your S&C coach and son spewing racist comments and be immune to the consequences.

Last edited:
and not get the bag that the big schools can give them? Hell No.

No top recruit is picking grambling state over a power5 :rofl:
Just remember most of the time it’s not the actual school that got the bags, it’s the alumni and supporters...Some HBCU’s got the same or more rich folk with money as a number of these schools the recruits currently going to if they wanna go that route ...

It's going to be interesting. To be honest it'll probably take a hyped coach and one of those DMV area kids going to Howard for it to happen. Football is tough because no HBCUs are in FCS or have a shot at the title. Basketball has a national tournament so in theory a Steph Curry or Melo type kid at an HBCU COULD carry the team pretty far.

If Iowa gets rid of Greg Doyle and Brian Ferentz, how does Kirk keep his job? I don't think he will be fired, but you can't have your S&C coach and son spewing racist comments and be immune to the consequences.
Some players came out to say Kirk was the exception and "gets it" but that the rest of the staff was toxic. We've mentioned coaches in waiting and I think Brian was kinda being groomed for that at Iowa? Maybe Kirk was basically taking a Paterno roll and delegating everything so he wasnt as hands on.

Iowa's got the #13 composite class in the country right now so it's gonna be over for that if this blows up.

-------

Back
Top Bottom