OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, i'm trying to apply your logic to that scenario. is the slander deserved considering he wasn't able to play on his home court?
What? Of course it is. Just because you’re at a neutral court doesn’t make you immune to slander

the difference is recognizing coming back from 3-1 isn’t the same if it’s All on neutral court. Does it mean it’s a weak accomplishment? Of course not

Glorified refers to the talent playing also. It's a rec league without the fans bruh. The canned music, cheers, noise, and fake attendees all reflect that. I've enjoyed it more since the playoffs but it is what it is without the fans and fandom.
The way I look at it is whoever wins it’s a real title but still asterisk

what I am not buying is any “records” or statistical performances accomplished in the bubble
It’s no stain it’s just simply not comparable, so I won’t hold that accomplishment to the same standard as those outside the bubble

I actually don’t really agree with the stain theory in general it just is what it is

I agree with VVG. This is real professional basketball and the winner will be a real champion but due to the sweeping modifications that were required for them to play, there should be an asterisk to the title and the random accomplishments.

I don’t agree to the stain theory per se but as some noted, coming back from down 3-1 as an underdog in a neutral is a hell of a lot easier than if you had to win two on the road.

Ima just go ahead and live this here

What? Of course it is. Just because you’re at a neutral court doesn’t make you immune to slander

the difference is recognizing coming back from 3-1 isn’t the same if it’s All on neutral court. Does it mean it’s a weak accomplishment? Of course not

got it. so Utah & Clippers dropping those series shouldn't be viewed as badly as other times in history.

I’m sure the players don’t care about this asterisk that’s keeps being brought up here.
I’m sure the teams playing in the playoffs during the 99 season were the same but there’s still asterisk talk

The players are there to play and compete of course they’re not going to slight themselves

Utah doesn’t really matter clippers yes because of the hype they had

Denver gets credit for coming back 3-1 but it’s clearly not the same as if they did it under normal circumstances

But shouldn't clippers get that benefit too lol because as you said it wasn't under normal circumstances

let's GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untitled.jpg

But shouldn't clippers get that benefit too lol because as you said it wasn't under normal circumstances
No. They were up 3-1 to begin with and being on a neutral court wasn’t hindering them to that point

Are you arguing that Denver coming back from 3-1 twice should be recognized on the same footing as past playoffs?

This was the first time in nba history that a team has came back twice, it’s safe to say the reason it’s never happened before is because of road games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom