OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis has the MJ of agents/teams around him man :lol:, the amount of push and high profile collabs he's gotten relative to his talent is insane.

Not saying he's trash though, he's made good music before and is turning out to be pretty influential in the genre. That Kardashian association might have something to do with it but just been surprised at how he's gotten that Drake level mainstream access these last few years.

Legit has to be a top 5 biggest name in the game rn

Travis has the MJ of agents/teams around him man :lol:, the amount of push and high profile collabs he's gotten relative to his talent is insane.

Not saying he's trash though, he's made good music before and is turning out to be pretty influential in the genre but just been surprised at how he's gotten that Drake level mainstream access these last few years. Legit has to be a top 5 biggest name in the game rn
Kardashian plug will do that to you

I will never get the Travis Scott hype. That includes the Jordan and Nike collabs.
We’re too old to get it. He’s definitely not targeting us :lol:

edit - at this stage at least. He fell off after Birds In the Trap music wise.

This **** fire fr
tenor.gif

Was leaning MIA.. you just confirmed it. Let's get it.

Put them in a blender

Fans and homecourt advantage change things but these aren’t Hico Rines runs. Are scores higher and nerves loosened? Sure but these are still the best players in the world and they are going full speed.

For those who frequent podcasts in here - have players spoken on this topic yet? I know there were clips of players saying it’s easier to lock in when shooting but I’m curious if anyone has downplayed the bubble competition or the basketball being played.
Glorified refers to the talent playing also. It's a rec league without the fans bruh. The canned music, cheers, noise, and fake attendees all reflect that. I've enjoyed it more since the playoffs but it is what it is without the fans and fandom.

Fans and homecourt advantage change things but these aren’t Hico Rines runs. Are scores higher and nerves loosened? Sure but these are still the best players in the world and they are going full speed.

For those who frequent podcasts in here - have players spoken on this topic yet? I know there were clips of players saying it’s easier to lock in when shooting but I’m curious if anyone has downplayed the bubble competition or the basketball being played.
The way I look at it is whoever wins it’s a real title but still asterisk

what I am not buying is any “records” or statistical performances accomplished in the bubble

Or for specific example: idk if Denver coming back from 3-1 twice is some kind of record or what have you but you can’t compare that to playoffs past with no home or road games

or for specific example: “Luka is the first player since player x to achieve xyz in his playoff debut”. That’s not the same playoff debut that other players have had to experience in the past with no road games

what I am not buying is any “records” or statistical performances accomplished in the bubble. Or for specific example: idk if Denver coming back from 3-1 twice is some kind of record or what have you but you can’t compare that to playoffs past with no home or road games

The lack of a real home court advantage or being away is probably the biggest factor. Says more about the team losing 3 straight than a stain on the team coming back from 3 down though so I see it as that.

big asterisk
guys basically had a whole offseason and a handful of gms to get them back in shape
this is like summer league tournament

they tried to manipulate it so zion would get in the playoffs :lol:

The lack of a real home court advantage or being away is probably the biggest factor. Says more about the team losing 3 straight than a stain on the team coming back from 3 down though so I see it as that.
It’s no stain it’s just simply not comparable, so I won’t hold that accomplishment to the same standard as those outside the bubble

I actually don’t really agree with the stain theory in general it just is what it is

what I am not buying is any “records” or statistical performances accomplished in the bubble

Or for specific example: idk if Denver coming back from 3-1 twice is some kind of record or what have you but you can’t compare that to playoffs past with no home or road games

or for specific example: “Luka is the first player since player x to achieve xyz in his playoff debut”. That’s not the same playoff debut that other players have had to experience in the past with no road games

what about the reverse? for example, kawhi playing poorly in G7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom