OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy how the gm has changed just by watching those highlights
teams wplaying two bigs that weren't "stretch"
mid-range game still prevalent
scores barely cracking 100

56BF7F31-E5A7-4BDC-A013-166ADD7693DB.jpeg

HOU$TON HOU$TON got the bot ready for this

This is so stupid

Yes. This isn't reality.

It is an entertaining alternate reality though

What made you respond to a post I made a 29 days ago...that you already responded to 29 days ago (see below)? You don’t have to flex your use of the search feature on me :lol:

But in all seriousness, I think the most accurate description is that it’s non-traditional professional basketball which is similar to what we’re seeing across other sports leagues and even in the college ranks. Regardless of the setting, these players are still the best at what they do. The environment and circumstances have had to change due to COVID and I would contend that has changed some outcomes but the game is fundamentally same.

IMO this title deserves an asterisk for the simple fact this postseason is abnormal for a number of reasons but I wouldn’t say it’s not reality. It’s just a new reality.

Everything has been explained. Read my reasons listed as to why it is a knockoff version of NBA basketball. Read Vince's reasons as well.

What made you respond to a post I made a 29 days ago...that you already responded to 29 days ago (see below)? You don’t have to flex your use of the search feature on me :lol:
:lol: All I was doing honestly.

IMO this title deserves an asterisk for the simple fact this postseason is abnormal for a number of reasons but I wouldn’t say it’s not reality. It’s just a new reality.
New or Alternate?

New would suggest it will be what would be carried out for now on.

:lol: All I was doing honestly.

:rofl: my man :nthat:

New or Alternate?

New would suggest it will be what would be carried out for now on.

I knew you’d get me for the use of “new” :lol: It’s definitely a reality reflective of current circumstances which I think will have an impact on next season.

I’m not an epidemiologist or infectious disease expert but even if the NBA starts in March, I’m not certain they’ll have 100% capacity in the arenas. So let’s say they’re back in home arenas but at 25-50% capacity...is that “fake hoops” and an alternate reality?

I agree with you that what we’re seeing is different in a lot of ways but the description of it is tricky.

I will never get the Travis Scott hype. That includes the Jordan and Nike collabs.
I am at the age where I don't even know who rappers are. I know Da Baby in general because he sounds like he has balls in his mouth when he raps and has this general Kindergarten-esque cadence, but everyone else I have no idea if they are like under 30. And this female rap is beyond horrendous.

I will never get the Travis Scott hype. That includes the Jordan and Nike collabs.

1’s get a pass.

As an artist, hes meh. Jackboys album was fire though, thank god he had good features otherwise it woudve been trash. This merch crap? Trash.

Without the fans NBA is a glorified rec league...

Fans and homecourt advantage change things but these aren’t Hico Rines runs. Are scores higher and nerves loosened? Sure but these are still the best players in the world and they are going full speed.

For those who frequent podcasts in here - have players spoken on this topic yet? I know there were clips of players saying it’s easier to lock in when shooting but I’m curious if anyone has downplayed the bubble competition or the basketball being played.

I am at the age where I don't even know who rappers are. I know Da Baby in general because he sounds like he has balls in his mouth when he raps and has this general Kindergarten-esque cadence, but everyone else I have no idea if they are like under 30. And this female rap is beyond horrendous.

Travis phony. But you been washed for a minute now, my guy :lol:.

Dust yourself off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom