OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When discussing "talent" are you simply referring to Pass/Shoot/Dribble?

There is another side of the court as well that yall don't like to consider "talent."

I'm big on defense. It's why I cant consider KAT (aka private school Demarcus Cousins) as highly as most.

But if Player A is a better ball handler, passer, scorer, shooter, rebounder than Player B, but all Player B does better is defend, does that not make Player A better?

Jokic is a dope player. Very interesting game. Was he dominant / similar style of play before the NBA? Feels like hes just got fundamentals on lock

Harden is my dude, but I don't think I can legitimately say that I would rather have him than Luka in a playoff game/series at this point. Too many instances of him not asserting himself. Luka not shying away from the moment. Attacks the paint relentlessly and doesn't settle for the 3 as much.

I'm big on defense. It's why I cant consider KAT (aka private school Demarcus Cousins) as highly as most.

But if Player A is a better ball handler, passer, scorer, shooter, rebounder than Player B, but all Player B does better is defend, does that not make Player A better?
Averaging like .3 more rebounds makes you a better rebounder but being far better on defense is irrelevant? And Jokic isn't a better scorer or ball handler

It goes back to my previous point of the players being SO different in style that it is kinda weird to say which one is BETTER.

Both are excellent in the roles they are asked to do.

Both are Elite talents.

Why do you consider Jokic a better scorer than AD?

Averaging like .3 more rebounds makes you a better rebounder but being far better on defense is irrelevant? And Jokic isn't a better scorer or ball handler

Where did I say its irrelevant though. Once again playing with Lebron James changes everything. Switch Jokic to the Lakers and i'm telling you ya'll would be favored by alot since day 1.

Jokic has gotten farther with less talent. He makes all his teammates better. That counts.

Where did I say its irrelevant though. Once again playing with Lebron James changes everything. Switch Jokic to the Lakers and i'm telling you ya'll would be favored by alot since day 1.

Jokic has gotten farther with less talent. He makes all his teammates better. That counts.
If they switched teams you'd say AD was better. It's about rooting against the Lakers. Which is cool

AD scores a lot by just being active around the rim and moving without the ball.

Jokic has a post game, midrange, 3pt, etc. He can score in a variety of ways with the ball in his hand.

I saw AD score every way you just listed last game, in addition to being able to switch on to Jamal Murray in the pick and roll.

On top of being a threat above the rim.

not necessarily true That they would be favored more with Joker. AD was widely considered a top5-7 player when he was in NOLA. People were saying he’s the best player Bron ever played with.

Idk if Joker had/have the same respect and recognition before the season.

national consensus AD > Jokic for sure

How you gonna say Jokic has less talent?? I think you mean less god given athleticism

talent =/= athleticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom