OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea my asterisk is simply noting that 2020 is different.

Which is why there would be an asterisk in a history book.

I am not implying any team has an advantage over any other team.
I disagree but your take is fine, just make sure there’s an asterisk in 99 and ‘12.

when it’s all said and done nobody gonna look back at the rings and care about an asterisk or not. Ring is a ring
And why the Heat/Celtics get all these days off??
Let the west catch up

They're more skilled. Better passers, better rebounders, better in the post. Everything better except defensively.

If they were with Lebron in a Lakers jersey the narrative would be way different. Instant favorites.
Idk if I wanna say better everything besides defense bro. AD can score with either of them. But, they're probably more iso in getting their own buckets, while AD's, this year, has come mostly assisted.

Defense is a big deal :lol:

AD has a better motor too.

No asterisk in the history books. Only W's and L's.

Asterisks are for the fans to talk about in barbershops and around the water cooler. And there's a finite time for fans. The hate and love eventually dissipates as generation move forward. The love and hate for mj from the 90s has been replaced by love and hate for Kobe to love and hate for mj. Everybody has their own goat.

Best guards: Luka, Curry, Harden, Dame
Best wings: KD, Lebron, Giannis, Kawhi, Tatum
Best bigs: Jokic, Embiid, AD, Bam

Those 3 are SO different that I don't even see the point in comparing.

What would you rather have steak, cheesecake, or a massage

Best guards: Luka, Curry, Harden, Dame
Best wings: KD, Lebron, Giannis, Kawhi, Tatum
Best bigs: Jokic, Embiid, AD, Bam

What world is Giannis a wing player? He's clearly a big based on his style of play on offense. he has the versatility to defend the winged players but an offense he's essentially a young Shaq.

Jokic is more talented and makes his team better. Has almost more wins, made the playoffs more in less games/years than AD.

I'm comparing it to AD's time as a Pelican. Playing with Bron is a damn asterisk.

You could argue AD played with better players too during his time in New Orleans.

Harden stats are better than Luka, he received more votes for all nba/mvp, and the eye test shows he’s better as well.

Please explain because I have a reason in mind...
Question for you.... Is Harden better now than in 2018? Cause that to me was Peak Harden.

What world is Giannis a wing player? He's clearly a big based on his style of play on offense. he has the versatility to defend the winged players but an offense he's essentially a young Shaq.

Modern day Shaq. Yea you can put him in the big category. No argument here. Might as well slide AD further down.

Harden stats are better than Luka, he received more votes for all nba/mvp, and the eye test shows he’s better as well.

Please explain because I have a reason in mind...
While I agree with the first part. The numbers don't tell the whole story. Luka a better floor general I feel. It's not just the output but the mentality.

Jokic is more talented and makes his team better. Has almost more wins, made the playoffs more in less games/years than AD.

You could argue AD played with better players too during his time in New Orleans.
When discussing "talent" are you simply referring to Pass/Shoot/Dribble?

There is another side of the court as well that yall don't like to consider "talent."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom