OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DZTXhmC.gif

:lol::lol:bruh acting like steph, klay, and dray disappeared to bolivia. just because lakers got a bunch of rent-to-own players, don't mean GSW, portland, and nuggets don't exist

Ain't nobody worried about Steph without KD. Even at their best and fully loaded they've not be able to do anything with Bron and AD and that's separately...now they're on the same team. As for the other 2 teams we dispatched them rather easily. Dynasty on the way.

DZTXhmC.gif

:lol::lol:bruh acting like steph, klay, and dray disappeared to bolivia. just because lakers got a bunch of rent-to-own players, don't mean GSW, portland, and nuggets don't exist

80-89: 8 FMVPs were on the team who drafted them
90-99: All 10 FMVPs were on the team who drafted them
00-09: 6 FMVPs were on the team that drafted them
10-19: 3 FMVPs were on the team that drafted them (4 if you count Bron in 2016 but I didn’t since it was his second stint so the team wasn’t “homegrown” around him)

Despite what GSW has going on, homegrowing isn’t what it used to be.

Ain't nobody worried about Steph without KD. Even at their best and fully loaded they've not be able to do anything with Bron and AD and that's separately...now they're on the same team. As for the other 2 teams we dispatched them rather easily. Dynasty on the way.

wait, warriors never beat AD-lead and Bron-lead teams sans KD in the playoffs? so symptoms of covid19 are selective amnesia

so what you’re saying is that both AD and Bron needed more help to beat the warriors. correct, you are.

80-89: 8 FMVPs were on the team who drafted them
90-99: All 10 FMVPs were on the team who drafted them
00-09: 6 FMVPs were on the team that drafted them
10-19: 3 FMVPs were on the team that drafted them (4 if you count Bron in 2016 but I didn’t since it was his second stint so the team wasn’t “homegrown” around him)

Despite what GSW has going on, homegrowing isn’t what it used to be.

i hear you, player movement has definitely shifted the concept of winning thru a “homegrown” approach. but we can’t ignore that bwtween KD and Iggy they won 3 fmvps on a team where the core was drafted. if nuggets added a player like giannis and won a chip, that doesn’t take away from the fact that their strength was in murray and jokic

wait, warriors never beat AD-lead and Bron-lead teams sans KD in the playoffs? so symptoms of covid19 are selective amnesia

so what you’re saying is that both AD and Bron needed more help to beat the warriors. correct, you are.

I'm saying that their team during that run had no answers for AD and Bron individually as players and now them being together and the Dubs having no KD now will only compound their issues.

As for more help, aren't all your compatriots desperately trying to get another MVP to come so save Wardell?

i hear you, player movement has definitely shifted the concept of winning thru a “homegrown” approach. but we can’t ignore that bwtween KD and Iggy they won 3 fmvps on a team where the core was drafted. if nuggets added a player like giannis and won a chip, that doesn’t take away from the fact that their strength was in murray and jokic

You’re right and I think Steph should have won in 2015 anyway :lol: This LA team is DIFFERENT. Even for the teams where the FMVP wasn’t drafted by the team, the next best player was (Kobe, Wade, Duncan, Steph, Lowry/Siakim). Only exception was the 2004 Pistons. I don’t think any non-LA teams could pull off what the Lakers are doing (and the Clippers were supposed to do)

Yeah homegrown talent and team identity cool and all but I’ll take that ring however.

I’ll trade every rockets players, completely new coaching staff, rebranded jerseys, bring in a new mascot, etc... for that ring :lol:

Yeah homegrown talent and team identity cool and all but I’ll take that ring however.

I’ll trade every rockets players, completely new coaching staff, rebranded jerseys, bring in a new mascot, etc... for that ring :lol:
Idk why THEY took what I said as a slight. It wasn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom