OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put money on it. Need to recoup what I lost to Leemelone because of the Clippers and game 7. |l :lol:

So, a $390 bet wins $100 on the heavily favored Lake show. it’s gonna be tuff to find someone to bet even money on the internet, u might want to hit up the barber shop for that
46B0EF6E-C363-49DA-8DF6-DFDD37942F2F.jpeg

When I think about the Celtics offensive issues at times, it kind of reminds me of the issues that the Clippers had. Obviously the Celtics don't have the same level of dysfunction the Clippers did off the court but on the court things seemed disjointed and awkward at times.

Both teams have such talented players but they don't seem to fit together. On offense the Celtics tend to do the whole "my turn, your turn" BS and then other times they'll just jack up threes for three or four consecutive possessions. Between Kemba, Tatum, Brown l, Smart and Hayward, their offense shouldn't bog down as much as it does. They just don't play together sometimes. It's weird

folks really running with the lakers are underdogs story line? :rofl: :rofl:

compared to the clippers, they were underdogs. i thought the clippers having kawhi and PG + more depth than the lakers would make the clipshow frontrunners. but if the "lakers weren't supposed to be here," can someone explain this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 10.17.40 PM.png
all i see is a very knowledgable fanbase
Alex Caruso leaves game after elbow to face from Mo Bamba | News Break

When I think about the Celtics offensive issues at times, it kind of reminds me of the issues that the Clippers had. Obviously the Celtics don't have the same level of dysfunction the Clippers did off the court but on the court things seemed disjointed and awkward at times.

Both teams have such talented players but they don't seem to fit together. On offense the Celtics tend to do the whole "my turn, your turn" BS and then other times they'll just jack up threes for three or four consecutive possessions. Between Kemba, Tatum, Brown l, Smart and Hayward, their offense shouldn't bog down as much as it does. They just don't play together sometimes. It's weird
Marcus “He with us” Smart doesn’t get enough blame offensively

I’m sorry but unless you have extremely efficient guys around him (they don’t) you’re not winning with that brick layer

I’m sorry but unless you have extremely efficient guys around him (they don’t) you’re not winning with that brick layer

It was ridiculous. Marcus Smart took 22 shots! (and shot 36%). He took more shots than Brown (who got 58%) , Kemba and Hayward. The only time Marcus Smart should take 22 shots is if he's having an unconscious shooting game. Why is the Celtics 5th man allowed to take that many shots in a game where he's not even shooting well? Stevens should have deaded that early on

Definitely took a few I'll advised attempts. This team missed horford. Made them much more versatile on both ends. Theis is quality player but they do need an upgrade if theyre gonna be contenders. Also thought Kanter could have been used more

Lebron chose to go there man :lol: Acting like y’all did something. Lebron is a walking finals ticket

Walking Finals ticket? not really but he helps especially with the right star players and coach surrounding him. this was very evident and obvious Last Year.

The Heat don’t win the series without Marcus Smart
His hot hand in game 1 ended up working out for the Heat and dooming Boston :lol:

Gave him the confidence to start taking the shots guys like Kemba and Tatum would/should when he's never been a consistent shooter like that

Wasn't enough Celtics slander for me last night
Must be washed but we back around to doing the blonde hair thing. Thought only the young cats were doing that, D Wade approaching 40. Meh.
Screenshot_20200927-205829_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200927-205903_Chrome.jpg

Never bought into the hype. They were Clippers East.

**** covid for obvious more important reasons, but man there's not a better nightlife matchup than Miami vs LA. Maybe it's a good thing we're in the bubble though under normal circumstances having a few days off in Miami is a death sentence.
Few days off in both cities pre-Covid would be LIT.

Would've been cool to see Bron back in Miami during a Finals but naa I'm kind of glad we get this matchup in a bubble cause if it was under normal circumstances, you'd 100% get all sorts of off-court drama and a few suspensions/violations of team rules that'd impact the series :lol:

Now it just comes strictly down to hoop and who's the better team

Bronze gonna regret that. Spo never forgot that moment.

I don't understand every outlet betting against the man that has a 10 year history of this and is still playing at a high level. I feel like you go with that and live with being wrong if he doesn't get there than vice versa.
This ain't for you, this is for the suckers that don't pay attention. A sucker is born every minute and a lot of them just watch Vegas numbers.

folks really running with the lakers are underdogs story line? :rofl: :rofl:

compared to the clippers, they were underdogs. i thought the clippers having kawhi and PG + more depth than the lakers would make the clipshow frontrunners. but if the "lakers weren't supposed to be here," can someone explain this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 10.17.40 PM.png
Anything to create a story, they were going to be in the west finals all along, and was a toss up in NBA finals. However a huge stretch for people trying to say they are underdogs. How number 1 seed an underdog against a number 5 seed. Trying to lower expectations to create the narrative "if" LeBron wins. "Nobody expected you guys to be here at the beginning of the season, you guys had a bunch of new pieces being forced to play." Blah, blah, blah
Lots of people picking miami tho

there’s even thisthis five38 graphic that says Miami has a 72% chance to win lol
They picking Miami because of dislike for LeBron not because they are truly favorites.

Yea no one can possibly seriously say with a straight face that LA isn't the prohibitive and overwhelming favorite heading into this series :lol:, even if you hate Bron they've still been a top 2 squad all year long.

Miami on the other hand wasn't on anyone's Finals radar outside of hardcore Heat fans.

Given the way things have played out in the bubble, I still think the combination of team chemistry, confidence + coaching will make for a real hard series for LA but they're still 100% the favorite :lol:

Yea those were some trash questions post game but gotta get a headstart on the narratives they'll be discussing 24/7, 4 days out I guess :lol: >D

Malika >

Very good observation.

I think I know why both teams are so seemingly "one-dimensional."

Zubac = Theis

Harrell = Grant Williams

Been saying it since 2019. Both squads are pretenders cause they got No Bigs in a league full of top notch Bigs lol

If Cs had a big they could go to offensively for buckets, Smart would be smart not to jack up 22 shots a game lol

every playoffs, there's a series of commercials that they play over and over again and you get sick of them after the first couple of rounds. For me it's that annoying Microsoft Teams commercial they show every commercial break. I look forward to never seeing that commercial again

I’m fine with never seeing any of them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom