OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely took a few I'll advised attempts. This team missed horford. Made them much more versatile on both ends. Theis is quality player but they do need an upgrade if theyre gonna be contenders. Also thought Kanter could have been used more
Kanter being used more wouldn't have made a difference imho. Kanter doesn't play defense and can't defend the paint. Offensively he wouldnt put any pressure on Bam either.

Kanter and Theis need to go

IMG-20200928-WA0004.jpg
Add in jkidd 2011 mavs

Marcus “He with us” Smart doesn’t get enough blame offensively

I’m sorry but unless you have extremely efficient guys around him (they don’t) you’re not winning with that brick layer
This is a coaching problem. Their equal opportunity offense has been an issue before. Adjustments needed.

The Celtics were 2 games away from the Finals and their two best players haven’t even hit their primes yet. Back in the day it was expected that a team built like this would get close and fail a couple of times before finally breaking through.

Anyway, someone please school me on the moves the Celtics should have made that would have ensured a championship this year and have them better positioned to contend in the future. Educate me.

East isn't going to get any easier, but there seemed to be a lot of talk over the direction of the Celtics after last night's loss. A bit of an overreaction, or just me? Idk.

I mean their 2 best players are young and in their prime. Everyone else isn’t. I wouldn’t feel good about it

East isn't going to get any easier, but there seemed to be a lot of talk over the direction of the Celtics after last night's loss. A bit of an overreaction, or just me? Idk.

Not just you. I see no reason for them to make any dramatic personnel changes. Core is there. Try to upgrade around the margins.

I think the overreactions are coming from Miami being a 5 seed. If it had been Bucks-Celtics in the ECF and the Celtics lost in 6, people wouldn’t be making as big a deal out of it. But Miami is in the Finals for a reason. They’re good and hit their stride at exactly the right time.

Some tangible steps the Celts can do right now.

1. Read Art of the Deal cover to cover.
2. STAND UP during the national anthem.
3. RESPECT law enforcement
4. Apologize to Mikey
5. Trade Kemba Slice
6. Trade Gordon for some kicks and a N95 mask
7. Tell Brad Stevens to STOP running for President and going on reality shows.
8. Get Smart an appointment with a Dermatologist ASAP.

Disappointing how it ended but not a disappointing season. Had to basically rebuild half the team in one offseason with no cap space. There was dudes in here saying they would struggle to make the playoffs and that the Magic and Nets would be better.

Definitely need to grab another big with the MLE. Would love to have Baynes back and move Theis to the bench. Going to be more options with the MLE than there was last summer, where Kanter was basically the best that was out there. Try to re-sign Hayward to a long term deal at a lower number and then potentially move him. Draft a guard or wing.

Just need the young players, as well as Stevens, to keep improving.

^^^ And not like there isn’t questions about some of the other top teams in the East.

Sixers - still somewhat awkwardly constructed, with their two stars having some flaws;

Raptors - are they good enough with what they currently have to get to the Finals? Not sure.

Bucks - could lose Giannis.

Indiana - need more talent.

Not just you. I see no reason for them to make any dramatic personnel changes. Core is there. Try to upgrade around the margins.

I think the overreactions are coming from Miami being a 5 seed. If it had been Bucks-Celtics in the ECF and the Celtics lost in 6, people wouldn’t be making as big a deal out of it. But Miami is in the Finals for a reason. They’re good and hit their stride at exactly the right time.

I think the fact that the Bucks weren't there, and they barely scraped by a Raptors team and then got embarrassed in the fashion they did by the Heat is even more of an indictment. I'd get rid of their highly overrated coach and try and get rid of Hayward but he's damaged goods.

They won't win a title anytime soon. Windows for certain teams are assumed to be wide open when in reality they're far more close to being closed than people want to lead on. Take the Clippers. Everything is basically riding on next season where the road is going to be considerably tougher. Boston is early OKC East with lesser top end talent.

Last edited:
I just remembered there was a Heat fan a couple years ago who hated Spoelstra and said he couldn't coach. I didn't understand it at the time and still don't. :lol:

^^^ And not like there isn’t questions about some of the other top teams in the East.

Sixers - still somewhat awkwardly constructed, with their two stars having some flaws;

Raptors - are they good enough with what they currently have to get to the Finals? Not sure.

Bucks - could lose Giannis.

Indiana - need more talent.

At full strength...Indiana could have contended this season.

damn, comparing future dpoy zu to theis and 6moty trex to grant
even i know thats laughable
It is laughable on paper. But the eye test shows all 4 bigs had similar impact for their respective ball clubs during the entire playoffs. Zubac and Harrell proved to be outmatched vs Jokic just like Theis and Williams were against Bam.

In fact Trez underachieved big time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom