OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LA really about to Diddy bop to their 12th banner.

Three best Heat players getting hobbled in game 1 is wild.

What a let down this finals gonna be :sick:
12?

We know the Lakers have been in the psyche of Celtics fans the last 34 years but let's get it right folks....

That's 17 franchise titles...
#18 next year.

12?

We know the Lakers have been in the psyche of Celtics fans the last 34 years but let's get it right folks....

That's 17 franchise titles...
#18 next year.

Hence "LA." The LA Lakers are onto 12.

I don't know about the psyche stuff. Two basketball teams 3000 miles apart that I'm not on don't exactly affect me beyond watching TV :lol:

I'm actually happy for the Lakers, especially as it pertains to the Kobe angle. And Rondo/AB.

Last edited:
Cant Talk GIFs | Tenor

Interesting numbers from last night:
AD on the floor, Lakers +23 for the game
AD off the floor, Lakers -5 for the game

Don't overthink things Vogel.

AD on the floor +23 for the game
AD off the floor -5 for the game

Lakers won in a blowout . You want him to play 40 mins just cause?

Hence "LA." The LA Lakers are onto 12.

I don't about the psyche stuff. Two basketball teams 3000 miles apart that I'm not on don't exactly affect me beyond watching TV :lol:
Keep believing it's 12 then. Whatever makes you feel better about your own team lol.

#17titlesandcounting

Lakers won in a blowout . You want him to play 40 mins just cause?

He played 38 min last night which was fine, just more talking about how they should play when he's out there. He's unstoppable, just play through him, especially when Lebby is off the floor. All playoffs we haven't skipped a beat when Bron goes to the bench but sometimes they ignore AD for stretches inexplicably.

AD on the floor, Lakers +23 for the game
AD off the floor, Lakers -5 for the game

we played our normal rotation/min distribution
should not change
even more so after taking game 1

Your team is about to win the NBA Championship. How are you some how sounding salty? Fun guy.

The team I root for is irrelevant, unless we're in the offsseason thread. YOU are the one that keeps mentioning them :lol:

this was him yesterday after I asked him what life was like as a 30-something in 1980

Cigarettes were 2 bucks a pack, oil changes were 10 bucks, gas was a dollar, and the Celtics began to worry about what the Lakers were going to build over the next 40 years.

Fast forward from 1980 to present day and the championship tally is this:

Lakers: 11 chips in 16 Finals appearances in the last 40 years
Celtics: 4 chips in 7 Finals in the last 40 years

THEY the one in OUR psyche tho. Y’all bout to win a chip why you so worried about the Celtics :lol:

this was him yesterday after I asked him what life was like as a 30-something in 1980

THEY the one in OUR psyche tho. Y’all bout to win a chip why you so worried about the Celtics :lol:
Wanna bet $1K that the Lakers beat the Celtics in the Finals next year?

It's even funnier because I've only been alive for 2 Celtics ships. 1 of which I got to actually watch and appreciate. I've seen 6 Lakers ships, going on 7. So realistically it's 7-1 Lakers, but this dude will some how get triggered.

This teams ability to lock in on defense is crazy. A 75-30 run. :lol: :wow:

Defense been GREAT through the whole playoffs. Blazers, Rockets and Nuggets can all score in bunches and they locked 'em up.

Your team is about to win the NBA Championship. How are you some how sounding salty? Fun guy.

The team I root for is irrelevant, unless we're in the offsseason thread. YOU are the one that keeps mentioning them :lol:
Never salty about my Lakers.

But yeah, you're right...Celtics been irrelevant for decades now lol

All in fun my dude 😃

Never salty about my Lakers.

But yeah, you're right...Celtics been irrelevant for decades now lol

All in fun my dude 😃

Irrelevant is a reach. The Celtics are not the Knicks. They just haven't achieved like the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Warriors, etc.

But this is the playoffs thread and the only two teams left are the Lakers and Heat. You wanting to talk about the Celtics is weird.

Irrelevant is a reach. The Celtics are not the Knicks. They just haven't achieved like the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Warriors, etc.

But this is the playoffs thread and the only two teams left are the Lakers and Heat. You wanting to talk about the Celtics is weird.
Celtics should've been playing last night tbqh.

Supposedly they have more talent than Miami

The non-basketball crappiness of 2020 - particularly the Kobe tragedy - aside, things have pretty much gone just as the Lakers needed them to for them to have a high level of success this season:

Both Bron and AD mostly healthy throughout;

No chemistry issues or drama;

Vogel’s doing a great job;

Collectively, the role players have done what they needed to or even, arguably, overachieved.

Even with the season getting interrupted, 35 year old LeBron having 4 months off prior to the playoffs starting right after probably wasn’t the worst thing.

They’re making the most of all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom